It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What researcher do YOU like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website and my fiancee and I have recently been interested in UFO research. The problem though, as I'm sure most of you would agree, is that we never know who to look into or to take "seriously". I have read several posts about how certain people are disliked in this community, such as Dr. Greer and L. M. Howe, because they make money off their research and their fans. Icke seems more well liked, but even he has his opponents of course. The frustrating thing is always that once I hear something that's interesting to me, I can only ever find threads on here about how so-and-so is a fraud and they're completely discredited for some reason or another, and then there's never any alternative information about who to really look into.

I know it's impossible to actually say someone in this field of research is "credible" or "turstworthy" but there's gotta be someone you guys like to listen to or read about... I'm just interested in hearing what you all think. I have an open mind and enjoy experiencing everyone's opinions and stories. I may experiment with listening to a lot of different people's lectures, but I take everything with two grains of salt because I must.

Thanks in advance for your time and replies.

L

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lemonyfr3sh

Hi lemonyfr3sh, nice to see you put yourself out there.

You're right, the waters are muddied. Difficult to know whats the truth anymore about it.

I would steer away from the celebrity of the genre, they tend to sell themselves instead of the data.

As someone who studied this a lifetime, all I can tell you is to study it, for a lifetime. There are many cases and much written about them. You kind of have to absorb a lot before you begin to separate the water from the silt.

One good method of searching is to read about some case and then also google the debunk and controversy about that case as well.

Sometimes it (the truth) becomes apparent only after absorbing both sides of a narrative.

Then come here and ask specific questions about whats puzzling you about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

William Cooper.

He's the pre-internet Alex Jones.

He believed in aliens until he realised he was led to believe in aliens.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I like Manly P Hall, sometimes Alan Watt although he is depressing as f**k, Mike Ruppert was cool too. I used to quite like some of Tsarion's stuff as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Joseph P. Farrell - BIO

edit on 3172017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Richard Dolan, Stanton Friedman and Scott Ramsey.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2017 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Alan Watts changed my life. It can be depressing if you decide it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why....myself, of course.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
hard question but a few good ones: jacques vallee, albert rosales,jose caravaca,darin crapo and some others i forgot

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

secret space progam= hoax

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

meh mostly noise makers about the non-existent extraterrestrial (the suposed aliens are probaly interdimensional in nature)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Any UFO Researcher that sells books or any other merchandise needs to be ignored.

That would probably be all the " well known " ones.

A " True " researcher in my opinion is doing it to find the truth, and not to make money.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

hahah so much no
believes on the illuminaty,believed on evil aliens and believes on underground bases

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Jacques Called, Bud Hopkins, Stan Friedman.. There are several...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It's just my opinion, but you will learn more by just going through the topics here in the Aliens and UFO forum on ATS than anywhere else.

Opinions will vary widely on which researchers are credible and in the end, you need to make up your own mind on that.

You will find there are some who are so dishonest as to be repulsive and they are willing to go after peoples pocketbooks with nothing but garbage and fabrications. By researching yourself using the discussions and debate in topics here, you can get a real head start on what to avoid and that is almost more important than who to listen to.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Do you have any favorite threads to read through? Honestly, most of them that I see start off thoughtful and end up a pissing match. Kind of fruitless.
edit on 17-3-2017 by lemonyfr3sh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Paul Dean is my favourite researcher. Very good stuff, mostly on coverup of the Phenomenon.

And ATS of course. The hive mind unleashed, if a bit argumentive :-D

Cheers,

BT

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

A good idea is to read the first posts, and just end it when the stink of bodily fluids becomes too much...

Unless you can't stop, which happens..

BT

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join