It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutrition plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Anyone follow a specific nutrition plan? Whole30, low carb, slow-carb, Paleo, modified, clean eating, vegetarian, vegan or any of the other nutrition flavors of the month? Just curious to see if you are following any of these plans (fads), and how you're feeling about it. Differences? Challenges? Do you weigh and measure portions or just throw caution to the wind? Do you eat at specific times? for reasons like training? medical conditions? Do you count calories? Do you plan and prep your meals and snacks for the week?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I'm a weirdo, so keep that in mind.

I drink lots of coffee all day, black.

2 teaspoons of peanut butter, crunchy about an hour before workout.

After workout breakfast :
1 apple
About 1 cup plain Greek yogurt.
Handful of mixed pecans and walnuts
1/2 cup granola, various w/ small amount of dried cranberries and blueberries.

Lunch :
1 pear
1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast.

Dinner :
1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup mixed vegetables
2 mini corn on the cob
1/4 cup brown /mixed rice.

This is what I eat every day, unless I'm out doing something. No soda, snacks, cake, cookies, candy, I don't even have any sugar in my house.
edit on 17-3-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm a weirdo, so keep that in mind.

I drink lots of coffee all day, black.

2 teaspoons of peanut butter, crunchy about an hour before workout.

After workout breakfast :
1 apple
About 1 cup plain Greek yogurt.
Handful of mixed pecans and walnuts
1/2 cup granola, various w/ small amount of dried cranberries and blueberries.

Lunch :
1 pear
1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast.

Dinner :
1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup mixed vegetables
2 mini corn on the cob
1/4 cup brown /mixed rice.

This is what I eat every day, unless I'm out doing something. No soda, snacks, cake, cookies, candy, I don't even have any sugar in my house.

Not weird at all. Very similar to my own nutrition plan
minus the rice. Totally healthy and clean!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

What kind of workouts do you do?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

For me, I go to the gym 5 days a week, work a construction job 4 days a week, work a retail job 3 days a week, and in the summer I bike about 40km per day. My metabolism is a bit too good, so I tend to burn a lot of calories, which means if I eat a "standard" 2100 calory daily diet I'll lose a lot of weight (muscle mass) fast.

So for me I have breakfast which consists of about 3 bowls of vector cereal, a 4 egg omelet (mostly egg whites), and about two servings of rolled oats with two tablespoons of peanut butter and a chopped up banana.

Two hours later I have 1 of 3 meals I premade, which generally consists of 1 cup of ground beef that I custom seasoned, or a chicken breast, plus a 1.5 cups of brown rice or a full russet potatoe, and a cup of steamed vegetables.

I'll have those 3 meals every 2 hours, get home from work, have a 2 cup serving of Greek yogurt topped with granola and 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts.

Head off to workout, come back to whatever dinner my wife and I decide to make (always with whole foods, and cooked from scratch)

I'll have a home made protein bar about once a day or so.

Those 3 meals I premake are cooked in about 1 hour on a day that I have time and I'll make 12 of them for the next 4 days, throw them in the freezer and nuke them when I need to.

I also only ever drink water, just a personal preference.

edit on 17/3/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

For me, I go to the gym 5 days a week, work a construction job 4 days a week, work a retail job 3 days a week, and in the summer I bike about 40km per day. My metabolism is a bit too good, so I tend to burn a lot of calories, which means if I eat a "standard" 2100 calory daily diet I'll lose a lot of weight (muscle mass) fast.

So for me I have breakfast which consists of about 3 bowls of vector cereal, a 4 egg omelet (mostly egg whites), and about two servings of rolled oats with two tablespoons of peanut butter and a chopped up banana.

Two hours later I have 1 of 3 meals I premade, which generally consists of 1 cup of ground beef that I custom seasoned, or a chicken breast, plus a 1.5 cups of brown rice or a full russet potatoe, and a cup of steamed vegetables.

I'll have those 3 meals every 2 hours, get home from work, have a 2 cup serving of Greek yogurt topped with granola and 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts.

Head off to workout, come back to whatever dinner my wife and I decide to make (always with whole foods, and cooked from scratch)

I'll have a home made protein bar about once a day or so.

Those 3 meals I premake are cooked in about 1 hour on a day that I have time and I'll make 12 of them for the next 4 days, throw them in the freezer and nuke them when I need to.

I also only ever drink water, just a personal preference.

Sounds fabulous! I love it when people eat to perform and eat to nourish their bodies and are mindful about it! I am a huge advocate of eating to fuel physical acitivity, no more, no less. You certainly do burn up a lot throughout your day. I get pretty close to a 3,000 calorie burn per day between my work and my work-outs but I can't eat back even close to that amount during a day! Like I asked the other poster, what do you do for work outs?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

5 - 7 mile runs stopping every mile to do various exercises.

Burpee / kettle Bell workouts

With lots of pull ups and pushups most days.

Usually a marathon or 2 a year, doing a tough mudder tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I haven't yet calculated how many calories I eat, but if I have time today I'll see if I can get you that information.

I found premaking meals for the week to be not only a huge time saver, but also an easy way to maintain such a high caloric intake schedule.

currently I'm trying to gain mass, so I've designed two routines that can reach that goal.

One is a time saver, in case I run out of time in the day to workout, which takes 20 minutes and has produced very good results. All you need is an adjustable dumbbell set, or a full dumbbell set.

The other focuses on two muscle groups per day, with 4 sets.

The first set of any exercise is a moderate amount of weight with 10-12 reps (12 being failure). The second set is 8-10 reps with more weight than the first. The third set is 6-8 reps with even more weight. And the last set is lower weight than the first set by roughly 10-20% to failure, pause for 10 seconds then to failure again.

Rest times are 45 seconds exactly.

I usually go for a full day on Chest and back, a full day on legs, a full day on core, a full day on shoulders, biceps and triceps, and the 5th day is whatever I'm currently focusing on for the second time in the week.

Each day, other than leg day, I'll do HIIT running for 20 minutes.

HIIT's are particularily important because it allows you to burn fat while gaining muscle and VO2 max instead of standard cardio, which burns less calories, uses muscle as fuel and doesn't increase your motabolism for the rest of the day like HIIT's do (High intensity interval training)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Nice! I love burpees lol!

I got into running a couple of years ago and love both sprinting and long distance. I have yet to do a marathon! I've also done mud runs, Spartan and Lozilou when they had it a few years back.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I follow a special dietary plan. Eat the things I like and avoid all the healthfood crap that tastes like cardboard. I like a little veggies, but can't handle a lot. We actually eat a lot of homemade stuff, using pretty healthy ingredients. I only seem to have problems if I eat out or consume a lot of highly prepared pre-packaged foods.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Awesome! you have a good routine going!
I also do a lot of HIIT training. I dance, run and do MMA as well. I've tried cross fit a couple of times but it's not for me. Too much standing around and waiting... I lift heavy a few times a week as well and since I only lift 2-3 times per week I usually take an hour and do a full body with recovery day in-between.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Macrobiotic for ten years now, with a little seafood now and then. Exercise is walking or treadmill, plus a total gym. We also do a lot of brush cutting, per fire department regulations. It's a 2 mile walk to our mailbox.

Diet involves some whole grains, a lot of cooked vegetables, some raw (sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.). Once a natural foods kitchen is set up, daily meals are not a lot of extra work.

join