It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye opener for Jew, Muslim, Christian and Atheist!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Great thread
I am going to drop this off as another reference point in our time scale

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Ghost147
I don't understand why this information would be offensive to atheists?

Most people believe atheists care enough about God as to believe God does not exist. Therefore, anything having to do with God and religion must therefore be offensive. The idea that atheists just don't care about God does not compute.
Well, they're reaction to anything of a religious or spiritual nature doesn't compute with them "not caring." If it's fact they "not care" then they wouldn't even engage in a theist/athiest debate. I suppose that's what you're saying just a bit differently. Heh.
edit on 17-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

As an athiest with a long time interest in theology, this is nothing new. But I agree, its something many who follow the Abrahamic religions - and particularly those who havent studied religion in a wider context - may find an eye opener

As an aside, do those who subscribe to any particular religion also study other religions? Or is it just us athiests who have an interest in understanding how they relate and evolved?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

As an aside, do those who subscribe to any particular religion also study other religions? Or is it just us athiests who have an interest in understanding how they relate and evolved?
I do ...even old dead ones .

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
" This old guy should and needs to be heard! "

I agree.

I havent watched the last vid yet.

But yeah "the old guy"......is worth the time. Inspirational at the least.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Good Thread.

I am watching the first video. The idea that this Zarathustrian Religion is based on karmatic beliefs rings true to me. I've never heard of the religion before today. So Thanks for sharing.

I do have karmic beliefs and often when I am having tough times...I think about it and a-lot of the time I think...well I must of racked up some karmatic krap and its now come full circle and giving me a real kick in the rear... I suppose it is at those times I gota work more on doing the right thing.

Ok back to the video

leolady

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: Christosterone

Think what humanity could have achieved in those 2000 years if humanity had understood and quantified mysteries instead of playing the religious mystery game for 2000 years because of Paul:s shenanigans.

Talking 1950 years to get to a Synchronicity definition from Carl Jung is quite slow progress. We could have been using entanglement to scan all level of creation today including the higher and lower levels instead of being boxed in 3D+1T.

But then measurement would destroy the need of faith. When you have exact data you do not need small minded models.

All science has is small-minded models, though.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Let's see...
The Judeo Christian gave rise to a culture so extraordinary they walked on the moon and split the atom...
Islam gave rise to a people who worship a dude who banged an 8 year old...

One thing is not like the other...

-Chris

Christian ignorance is high on ATS.

She was between 16 and 18, because she fought in a war prior to her marriage to Mohammad. Meaning she had to be at least 15, the age women were allowed into battle at the time . There is only one reference to her being 8, and it's in a written document that contradicts itsel.

You are condemning a man who claimed that Jesus Christ was his Messiah and all those who follow him.

An Iman who teaches that the Old Testament or the Gospel of Christ has been corrupted is not following Mohammed who said none of God's words could be corrupted.

Zoroastrianism contains monotheistic teachings on the Holy Spirit, who Jesus Christ claimed to be. The author of the Avesta is a prophet who caim before Abraham and Mohammed to teach the world about the Christ.

The author of the Avesta is likely the same Melchizedek whom Abraham gave a tithe too. A prophet who will be a priest of God forever according to Hebrews.

You condemn what you do not understand.

edit on 18-3-2017 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

It seems to me that the followers of the worlds religions are in denial about the fact that their religion was ripped of wholesale from other, older religions, Then again, some know and still follow blindly, remaining in denial the whole time.

As someone on the verge between agnosticism and athiesm (though leaning more towards the athiest side) I am not even remotely offended...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Ghost147
I don't understand why this information would be offensive to atheists?

Most people believe atheists care enough about God as to believe God does not exist. Therefore, anything having to do with God and religion must therefore be offensive. The idea that atheists just don't care about God does not compute.
Well, they're reaction to anything of a religious or spiritual nature doesn't compute with them "not caring." If it's fact they "not care" then they wouldn't even engage in a theist/athiest debate. I suppose that's what you're saying just a bit differently. Heh.

Believers can't comprehend lack of belief in God.

God as an argument is not relevant if you lack belief.

I see something like this (religions), as man creating reasons to understand or comprehend what he can't explain.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Excuse me Slayer just need to pipe up with this post...

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Christian ignorance is high on ATS.

She was between 16 and 18, because she fought in a war prior to her marriage to Mohammad. Meaning she had to be at least 15, the age women were allowed into battle at the time . There is only one reference to her being 8, and it's in a written document that contradicts itsel.

Rubbish.

Aisha was 6 at marriage and 9 at consummation, the only other thing is they used the lunar calendar not the solar calendar, which made Aisha approx. 5 1/2 and 8 by Islamic text. She was still playing on swings and with dolls when Mohamad took her, something that was forbidden for girls to do after puberty, Just for starters, your post of acquisitions of ignorance and the amount you have shown is ironic.

This video discusses the topic of Aisha and all the relevant Islamic text.

1 John 2:21-23King James Version (KJV)

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

www.biblegateway.com... John+2:21-23&version=KJV

and the warning from Yeshua ...

Matthew 7:15King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

www.biblegateway.com...

Then Mohamad comes along is possessed enough that he himself believes he is possessed and tries committing suicide and denies Christs death and resurrection 600 odd years later and refers to Jews and Christians as the lowest of creatures worse than pigs and apes and starts slaughtering them. Mohamad himself couldn`t tell the difference between Gabriel and Satan himself. Then claims prophet hood and on his raping slaughtering merry way he went.

I`m guessing your Muslim and either ignorant of your own books and history or using taqiyyah/lying deceit. Anyway good luck debunking your own books on how sick and twisted the man Mohamad was.

edit on 18-3-2017 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: BestinShow

You're such an ass, but I love ya Brother, but let the adult's talk .

I'll let you know once we're finished...

On topic, all I see is a bunch of random copy and pasting. The dots you try to connect to not appear to me the way that you portray them.

As an atheist, this does not affect me whatsoever. Just wanted to stop by and let you know the adults are now finished talking and you can remove yourself from kids table.

Sorry for being rude but you begged for it by trying to censor a fellow member.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

Sorry for being rude but you begged for it by trying to censor a fellow member.

No need to apologize, BestinShow and I have a closer friendship and understanding that is stronger than you'll ever know.

Enjoy your shoe leather...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

Rubbish.

Aisha was 6 at marriage and 9 at consummation, the only other thing is they used the lunar calendar not the solar calendar, which made Aisha approx. 5 1/2 and 8 by Islamic text. She was still playing on swings and with dolls when Mohamad took her, something that was forbidden for girls to do after puberty, Just for starters, your post of acquisitions of ignorance and the amount you have shown is ironic.

Time and culture - - for everyone of that era - - not just Muhammad.

Young girls were betrothed or married off at a young age.

They became a woman at first menses (age 10 - 12). Consummation of marriage, by law, happened after first menses.

It's ridiculous to compare today's views to that of a culture from over 1200 years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You need to reread my post and also watch the video, Aisha was prepubescent. At 51/2 and 8 at consummation. Something that was forbidden, aside with Mohamad beating Aisha and allowing Mohamad's followers to severely and extremely beat their wives or kill them.

Amongst so so much more from that twisted perverted freak, which is still practiced today.

This is my last post to you on the thread as I don`t want to derail it, for Slayers topic.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

The video is rubbish. The verses in the Quran quoted say nothing that the video claims.

Any Iman or Muslim who believes these things has been poisoned by false teaching.

If you care to know the truth about what can be known about her age please read the following. This source contains every known writing about Aisha and her possible age at marriage and consent.

I have studied this extensively, something I'm certain that neither you nor anyone who has accepted this teaching has done.

www.muslim.org...

edit on 19-3-2017 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
None of you have ever heard of Zoroastrianism?

Really?

I learned about it in one of my public high school history classes in the late 90's.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

If you want to chop parts out of your books that you dislike or those that embarrass the mad man Mohamad you`d better chop out all Islamic text.

If you want to research the historical truth of Islam, you`ll be surprised that Mohamad or the word Muslim didn`t even exist for 60 years after his death and the hadiths written up to 300 years after his death as well, Mecca as in the Kaaba didn`t exist for a 100 years after his death and all the early Mosques from all over as far away as China all faced Petra not Mecca, even the Dome of the rock points to Petra.

Extensive research on all the writing and historical archaeology is shown in this 2 hr video..

The authenticity of the Bible and NT was written first hand or witnesses, you need to toss out your Quran and drop your ridiculous barbaric false prophet and read who Jesus really was and is.

edit on 19-3-2017 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

I am not chopping out any parts of the Quran. Many followers of Mohammed disagree with the Hadiths, which is where false interpretation of the Quran are found.

The Hadiths and the Talmud are corruptions of the word of God.

I believe what Mohammed clearly stated in the Quran. The Old Testament, the New Testament and Quran are all the preserved incorruptible words of God.

The Quran is a song, a song that has been memorized by many followers throughout history. There is no evidence that the Arabic Quran we have today is any different than the words revealed to Mohammad. There is plenty of evidence to suggest the English interpretations contain bias based on the corruption found in the Hadith.

Any "History" that suggests Mohammed was anything less than a Holy Man who was defending himself against Jewish and Catholic persecution was likely written by Jewish and Catholic historians who wanted to taint the life and teaching of the prophet Mohammed.

I believe Jesus Christ and the Gospels, and I believe Mohammad who said both the Jews and Christian follow incorrect interpretations of their scriptures.

I am not a Jew, a Christian or a Muslim. I am all because Christ is all and in all.

You condemn what you do not understand.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.yeziditruth.org...

Which is older?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join