It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sirens blare as Japan, fearing North Korea, holds first missile drill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So it looks like the Obama doctrine is still bearing fruit. Our allies in Japan are conducting missile drills. Hurray!
It is time for Trump to send a message to the world that the US and it's allies are not to be threatened.

Sirens blared and loudspeakers broadcast warnings in Japan's first civilian missile evacuation drill on Friday, conducted in a fishing town by officials wary about the threat of North Korean missiles.

The exercise comes more than a week after North Korea launched four ballistic missiles into the sea off Japan's northwest coast, with one rocket landing about 200 km (124 miles)from the town of Oga.
www.reuters.com...

Ballistic missiles are the fear that spurred the Japanese to hold ballistic missile drills.

Friday's drill played out a scenario in which North Korea had fired a ballistic missile on the Japanese islands.

"The missile is seen to have landed within a 20-km (12-mile) boundary west of the Oga peninsula," a speaker blared during the evacuation. "The government is currently examining the damage." (For a graphic on missile evacuation drill in Oga, Japan, click tmsnrt.rs/2ngq11y)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hurray! War!

I understand taking precautionary measures, but to be excited about begining yet another war is beyond my Canadian brain

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Put me in a sombering mood to see those beautiful little faces sitting there waiting for further instruction....

-Alee

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you guys only knew.
There is a game of brinkmanship in play.
Who shall blink ?

This is the first real test.
Madd Dog 20/20
Yellow 31

Buck

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Remember kids. Duck and cover.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Hurray! War!

I understand taking precautionary measures, but to be excited about begining yet another war is beyond my Canadian brain

Some here I guess, are a slice short of the full loaf.

So these are emergency evac drills for citizens, and make sense. Japan can, and does do, shore to ship missile drills as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There's not much guessing about it. We have people who seem to think that drumming the ear drums and then toss snarky very and ignorant comments towards those who try to explain it's not prudent. So, there's really no "guessing" about it.
edit on 17-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

That's what it is to the world's elite, a "game." It's going to have very REAL conseqences for you and your's.
edit on 17-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just wait till Japan busts out those giant robots and psychic schoolgirlsn, then we will be at the next level.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And they say you can't hug children with nuclear arms.

top topics

join