It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you hate the poor?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExVoto
I love the poor. They are great representations of everything i dont want in life.

They smell, so I know they are nearby... And i can run
They all live in one big neighborhood so i know where to avoid
Their kids are all dipsheets' so they help my kids feel smart
They eat all the cheep buffet food so i can get more of the dumplings

And i know we're advised against sharing secrets, but if you follow the recipes they inude in the white privilege kits, the poor are a GREAT source of iron and proteins.

Welcome...

I saw what you did there. Be forewarned satire and sarcasm doesn't go over well with the current Trumpkin takeover here in the ATS realm;
and any disrespect of the Cheeto savior will be met with "oh yeah, Obama" etc.
edit on 17-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I love the poor. They are great representations of everything i dont want in life.

And i know we're advised against sharing secrets, but if you follow the recipes they inude in the white privilege kits, the poor are a GREAT source of iron and proteins.

Welcome...

I saw what you did there. Be forewarned satire and sarcasm doesn't go over well with the current Trumpkin takeover here in the ATS realm;

i hope you realize that type of thinking lumps u in with the same crowd of supposed deplorables

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

Welcome...

i hope you realize that type of thinking lumps u in with the same crowd of supposed deplorables

I think all of us labeled with the "people like you" are familiar with the "deplorable" meme.

I think you know this full well....it ceased to have any effect long ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
People say... well I cant afford to move, BS... you choose not to move, there is a gas station company in Tulsa area that starts their workers out at 39k a year with full benefits.

If people choose to remain in area that will keep them poor and never make an attempt to change your fate I have trouble mustering up sympathy.

Not BS. You are obviously an idiot who's never tried to move cross-country with a family & zero savings. My late grandmother moved us across the country (to where she grew up, so she could ultimately die at "home", which didn't occur to us until after the fact because she never said she was dying of cancer in the first place. Whole different thread's worth of WTF secrecy there, though)

The point is we were stuck in an economically screwed area in Florida and could NOT afford to move even locally, even if we sold everything we had. You need
1.) Money for the truck rental, which gets more and more pricey the further away you go
2.) Money for fuel
3.) Money for lodging & eating on the road
4.) First, last, security for move-in at a place, along with the application fees that generally range $50 to $100 per person on a lease that are non-refundable (she paid out a #load of those before we landed a house up here)
5.) Money to pay a storage facility for a unit to store your stuff while you house hunt, if you kept anything.
6.) And money for long-term stays in hotel/motel rooms while you look for a house/apartment. It took us over 3 months before we got DAMN lucky and were accepted as tenants for the house we rent right now. Getting a home right away if you don't have a pre-secured job waiting is paramount, some employers won't even look at you without a local residential address on the application. Room numbers often do not count.

Cross-country moves are expensive AF, even on the cheap. I know this through firsthand experience.
None of it would have been remotely feasible without my grandmother's help. Just no way in hell.
edit on 3/17/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As has the hysterical shriekings of 'racist,nazi,supremacist!!" Looong time now,no one with a single braincell takes That ol' washed out cloth anymore

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Welcome...

I think all of us labeled with the "people like you" are familiar with the "deplorable" meme.

wasnt meant to have any effect but instead to inform u of the people your lumping yourself in with. its become a term in the last year that everyone understands thus why i used it. again though im pointing out how that type of thinking makes u no better then the ones u are attacking.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

The mimetic desire/scapegoating mechanism. That is why people hate the poor. Read Rene Girard. It will all make sense, at least until he gets to how Christianity is the cure for that drive. That last bit seems somewhat counter-intuitive to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Welcome...

wasnt meant to have any effect but instead to inform u of the people your lumping yourself in with. its become a term in the last year that everyone understands thus why i used it. again though im pointing out how that type of thinking makes u no better then the ones u are attacking.

You can lump me with whatever group you choose. If it's "deplorable" so be it... Your insult is noted and appropriate action taken.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You did it, did you not? How only matters to you.. the journey is different for everyone. People do it a lot, with a whole lot less. Many with no more than clothes on there back an idea and a bus ticket. you mistake wants with needs. By your logic, illegal immigrants wouldn't even have a fighting chance coming here, they would all die starving in the streets. My grandparents (never met my dad's parents, they passed before I even met him) came here with nothing but a suitcase off a boat from Greece. Excuses do nothing to help anyone. People with your thinking talk people out of # before they even make an attempt.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

You're being deliberately obtuse and missing the very important aspect of having somewhere to live not being free. Lodging costs money. Upping and moving thousands of miles to "better" with little to no money and no job waiting can pan out worse for a family than staying put. WE had the benefit of my grandmother inheriting money from a relative to foot the move with. Had that relative left nothing to her, she'd have died in Florida and we'd still live there, too. Many others never get that lucky with ample inheritances.

Edit: And immigrants tend to have family already here and waiting to help, or networks for help within the migrant worker community. That was a fairly stupid comparison to bank on.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Like I said.. if that where true illegals would have no chance... don't find it odd, they don't even make up a measurable percentage of homeless people.
You think they come here to meet up with there crazy rich uncle who just happens to have so much money laying around they can support multiple families including their own until they happen to get on there feet?
edit on 17-3-2017 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't "hate" the poor. I hate that people make poor choices in their life, and now I have to subsidize them. I hate when people are lazy, and now I have to subsidize them. What was the point of me making the correct choices and working hard? If you make good choices, and work hard, you won't need me to be buying your food. We're at the point in society now where doing the right things that lead you to success is considered greedy and evil. Sad.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Some do,not all. Theres just as many who come here with absolutely nothing but a dream for a better life. They are generally the ones who you'll read about or meet who lived with there family in a damn van or there car for a amount of time... all I'm saying is those who want it will get it, making excuses why they can't doesn't fix the problem. Even when you have a plan and all the money you need you still must face obstacles and work through solutions.. if money is your motivator you'll never do much because very few problems in life can be solved with money.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: yuppa

You a Christian,yuppa?

I try to live like you should and follow the 3 commands issues to Gentiles under the NT covenant so yes i would call myself a christian.

A Christian can be hypocritical and switch back and forth many times over their lifetime. Because no man is perfect and at one time or another i s guilty of a hypocritical act but the difference in one over the other is that the true hypocrites are un willing to change at all instead of trying to live as they are suppossed to do and strive to be not hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
There seems to be a lot of hate directed at the poor in America. As in if you can't make it in this country without help it's your own fault. You would think we would all work together to make things better for everyone. Instead we have a society where everyone is afraid someones going to take something away from them. Everywhere I look there is hate and resentment.

My income is less then $11k a year but I have no problem giving a dollar or two to the homeless man on the corner. My thinking has always been I'm better off then he is at least I have somewhere warm to be.

I know people that make $60k a year and every week when they get paid they look at their paycheck and complain how bad they get screwed on taxes. When I was making $40k a year I never once looked at my paycheck and thought that. Not once did I ever look at a paycheck and think the government was screwing me over. Nor did I ever hold resentment toward poor people or social programs.

Some of the attitudes I see are one step short from rounding people up and gassing them. Capitalism can be rewarding for some but it also seems to foster greed. For some people what they have is never enough. Capitalism has given some people opportunities to get ahead but some think they don't need contribute anything back to society.

Why should anyone have to contribute anything back to society? Because helping our own makes America great.

'

OP said "My thinking has always been I'm better off then he is at least I have somewhere warm to be. "

Anyone who harbors negativity towards the poor outwardly is really only reflecting their own self hatred and exposing it. Those that don't express it outwardly, still feel negative and icky about it. The thinking "I'm better off then he is at least I have somewhere warm to be," with believing that is the reason to give some, is also the same thought for those who give nothing. Unfortunately this kind of # thinking has gone on for so long it has damaged the human collective consciousness so much, it is going to be extremely hard to step up as a human consciousness whole and have us all progress positively together. That motive to give, while on it's face seems pure, is actually so disastrous it has the opposite effect and generates an on going NEED to keep people poor. This is why it is so important for all of us to get into the Book of John in the New Testament as the path to enlightenment is clearly laid out in it and very simple to follow, yet so hard to follow...because of all the crap that has infected us all on a conscious level, both rich and poor, hardly anyone will willingly step out and embrace a new belief system that has everyone being better off based on love and nothing more.
edit on 17-3-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In this great nation, there's no reason to be dirt-poor. (Bloated belly...flies for dinner...etc.) In fact, if you move to Hawaii, you will be entitled to $60,000 in annual welfare benefits!

Source: watchdog.org...

If President Trump and Republicans were so mean-spirited and hateful, the "poor" wouldn't have access to such lucrative benefits.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

And I'm glad your granny was able to make the move, great she was able to make it happen and live out her wish.
I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse, I have a mindset when it came to growing up in poverty around drugs and alcohol that death was better than that.. and I have stopped at nothing short of that since making that determination... I've climbed through some deep # to get out of it, and many others do the same, some I know even worse than me, that's why I help people every time I feel I can, and why I became a rescue swimmer... but I don't like hearing people say they can't, especially if they haven't even tried... once the effort to go a certain direction is made an endless barrage of obstacles seem to come your way.. how can you overcome them if you don't even start the journey... well that's the problem with many poor, they don't even get on a path or have a determination to overcome even the slightest challenge.. I have no help for them types, can't carry everyone.
edit on 17-3-2017 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: wantsome

From my perspective, it's not just hate for the poor but an orchestrated hate fest directed at minorities, and anything not
Christian.

Are you a Christian?

Christians give of themselves.

It's an act of charity, it's not charity or Christian to charge the govt to redistribute money.

“Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.” – Matthew 5:42

“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.” – Matthew 25:35

“And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.” – Matthew 25:40

“Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – Luke 12:33

That is Christian, not social welfare.

Christ is not outlining a budget proposal or advocating for a certain form of government.

He did not say, “I was hungry and you lobbied your political representative to write a piece of legislation that will appropriate money from your neighbor and, after a portion of it is siphoned off for other purposes, and much of it is wasted on fraud and abuse, a certain small percentage was used to fund programs that would eventually give me food.”

www.theblaze.com...

If the hollywood rich would step up and give their fair share, everyone would be eating steak.

Just yesterday some friends and I had lunch at a sorta upscale german resto, it was next to a Gordon Ramsay place and some old dude came up to our table and asked for money for food.

First off, this is a very rare thing and took us by surprise. Usually they have a cup and bang their heads on the sidewalk all day until a cop shoo's them off.

He walked off when none of us reached into our pockets.

After 10 secs of not wanting to look bad, we dug in and came up with about $170 hkd and called him back to give it to him.

For food, that could stretch about 5 decent meals.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Are you a Christian?

If it's any of your business....

I grew up in a very fundamentalist Southern Baptist home. That's why I don't trust Christians; they used to beat me and spew biblical quotes and scripture at the same time. They seemed so full of hate, racism, and holier than thou BS.

However I do incorporate REAL Christian values into my personal theology. It takes a hell of a lot more than quoting scripture, chapter and verse to make a Christian. It helps to have honor, compassion and a sense of human decency and not just claim you have those qualities. Giving to others, calling it charity then patting yourself on the back, that's not Christianity...That's pride, vanity and arrogance.

That's just my experience with organized religion and those that subscribe to it... Your mileage may vary..

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Welcome...

I think entire question is a nonsense attempt to pidgeonhole people.

Making fallatious associations that presume to reveal deeper truths is not wort taking serious.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join