It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crappy Pictures from the Sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's what my Sister and others tell me. Still...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I took this yesterday due to all the controversy swirling around United.

That's the Willis Tower where they are headquartered and if you look really close you can see Oscar Munoz giving you the finger. You sure you wont reconsider and come flying? Getting 're-accommodated' is fun.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Was it dark and rainy? Or is that smog?

I looked the building up and was amused to find (or I didn't recall) that there had been lawsuits filed to halt construction due to television reception interference.
One of the lower judges presiding over that case stated

"I find nothing that gives television viewers the right to reception without interference. They will have to find some other means of ensuring reception such as taller antennas."

I dunno, made me giggle!
edit on 12-4-2017 by TNMockingbird because: that quote's from a Sears tower/wikipedia thing-a-ma-jigger (sp)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Very overcast the past two days in Murderland. Hell, it was overcast everywhere I went the past few days. I wanted to get Denver and the Rocky Mountains but they were clouded over and the same with NYC when I came home.

Doesn't help that my phone takes atrocious pictures.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Night Star

I took this yesterday due to all the controversy swirling around United.

That's the Willis Tower where they are headquartered and if you look really close you can see Oscar Munoz giving you the finger. You sure you wont reconsider and come flying? Getting 're-accommodated' is fun.

This is also the same view you get from the new United "Get out of my ####ing plane now" program. It's so you can beat the rush to the luggage area. It costs a little more, but it's worth it.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is also the same view you get from the new United "Get out of my ####ing plane now" program. It's so you can beat the rush to the luggage area. It costs a little more, but it's worth it.

They changed the name a while back to the 'Expedited De-Planing Program' to make it sound more appealing.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It's just like any government program.

We'll kick you out of the plane now, later we'll worry about getting you parachutes.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You make it sound so uncivilized.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Flying out of Newark you can see a shot of Lower Manhattan:

These is downtown Cincy, one of my favorite cities to visit, note (with a magnifying glass) the tall brown building in the middle:

View from said building's top floor:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Do you like geology? This is the Delaware Water Gap. It's supposed to be a notable geologic formation, it's kinda impressive driving or canoeing through it but from the sky it looks like just a bunch of rocks:

This is what it looks when a professional takes the photo:

edit on 30-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I would say I appreciate geology...love seeing natural rock formations and I used to like looking for fossils and crystals.

I'm assuming that your picture was a little blurry because you were holding some passenger's head down to get the shot? Just kidding, you must always get a window seat.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm assuming that your picture was a little blurry because you were holding some passenger's head down to get the shot?

No, it's blurry because my phone is crap and the aircraft was decelerating for our approach. The gap is only about 50 miles from the airport on the New Jersey/Pennsylvania* border.

Just kidding, you must always get a window seat.

I try, 2A is my go to.

*These are 2 of our 50 states in case you were unware.

edit on 30-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That's a fantastic and beautiful place. I've actually been there (100 years ago!). Early years near the Schuylkill River.
Someday when I do 'The Trail' I will return, maybe now that I'm older I will appreciate it more

Your phone takes pics about as good/bad as mine.
I've nearly given up and just yell for one of the girls to come take a pic of something for me.
*sigh*
I wish that I could be like the cool kids.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I keep meaning to get a new phone, it's not like I even have to pay for it. I just never get around to going to Verizon to pick one out. I think that they are growing in size is what turns me off, I just want something that easily fits in my pocket.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Completely understand.
Work finally upgraded the 'on call' phone to a smart phone.
I thought it would be loads better, can take photos, email etc. not have to kick the computer on for every call.
Gosh I miss the flip phone we had.
Where are you going next Augustus?
Let me live vicariously through your travels.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm off to Cincy/Kentucky again. Then I drive to Philthadelphia (first week of not flying since January), after that I have Vegas, Denver, Sacramento, Reno and I forget at that point since I am booked out until September now.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm off to Cincy/Kentucky again. Then I drive to Philthadelphia (first week of not flying since January), after that I have Vegas, Denver, Sacramento, Reno and I forget at that point since I am booked out until September now.

Hahaha! Love that! It's interesting, to me, when I was young it was a required field trip every year. When I lived outside DC, also D.C. was a required field trip.
In Tennessee, the kiddos go to Ruby Falls or the Aquarium in school.
I just find that odd.

Well, you'll be about 4 hours away so, I'll climb Black Mountain and wave as you land!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

2 1/2 hours, I have to drive to Lexington for two nights. Come up, I'll buy you a drink or seven.

edit on 30-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I thought I was the only one doing that, lol.

If you guys get together for drinks, please somebody bring a camera!!
(my old phone has a 1"x1" screen so I don't even bother using it for pictures)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I thought I was the only one doing that, lol.

If you guys get together for drinks, please somebody bring a camera!!
(my old phone has a 1"x1" screen so I don't even bother using it for pictures)

Bahaha!

Well, I'd probably have to bring a kid.
For taking pictures and...ya know...evidence for the forensic folks!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join