It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Number 666 is related to Phi?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I found this interesting tidbit on goldennumber.net. Im not a religious expert nor am I a mathematical genius (getting close). The link anways claims that the anti-christ is actually anti-phi (-0.80901699). I'm not sure if this holds any significant bearing to the number 666, outside a christian perspective but its interesting nonetheless.

Revelation 13:18 says the following:

"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is a man's number. His number is 666."

This beast, regarded by some as the Anti-Christ described by John, is thus related to the number 666, one of the greatest mysteries of the Bible.

Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666º, you get -0.80901699, which is one-half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi."

The trigonometric relationship of sin 666º to phi is based on an isosceles triangle with a base of phi and sides of 1. When this triangle is enclosed in a circle with a radius of 1, we see that the lower line, which has an angle of 306º on the first rotation and 666º on the second rotation, has a sine equal to one-half negative phi.

In this we see the unity of phi divided into positive and negative, analogous perhaps to light and darkness or good and evil. Could this "sine" be a "sign" as well?

In addition, 666 degrees is 54 degrees short of the complete second circle and when dividing the 360 degrees of a circle by 54 degrees you get 6.66... The other side of a 54 degree angle in a right angle is 36 degrees and 36 divided by 54 is .666.

Phi appears throughout creation, and in every physical proportion of the human body. In that sense it is the number of mankind, as the mysterious passage of Revelation perhaps reveals.

So who's going to step up first to the plate to shatter this inquisition?

(Note you may want to read the paragraph off the actual website, since it shows diagrams and such. I posted the quote because I know people won't bother.)

goldennumber.net...

EDIT: Altered the title, may have been a bit misleading to some.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Linux]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"first up to the plate"? that sounds a bit 4D emotional drama staged to me,

thought you might like to know that I for one have been posting about that very number in quite a few posts here, not exactly to do with what you have linked there, but yes to do with isocelese triangles and that star = mountain pattern, and of course to do with 666.

The "seven heads and ten horns" could likely mean the seven chakras (endocrine glands) and ten sephiroth of the Tree of Life.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by duff beer dragon
"first up to the plate"? that sounds a bit 4D emotional drama staged to me,

Not sure what you mean but thats ok because its actually irelevant to the arguement topic.

thought you might like to know that I for one have been posting about that very number in quite a few posts here, not exactly to do with what you have linked there, but yes to do with isocelese triangles and that star = mountain pattern, and of course to do with 666.

Well then atleast post the links so I can check them out, thanks.

Please post any additional information you have, so I can read.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Linux]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Many attempts have been made to identify the number 666 with the name of an individual by giving a numerical value to each letter of a name and adding them up to see if they total 666. Since the numbers in Revelation have symbolic value, it seems best to understand this number in the same way. Since seven is the number of God's completed word (4 gospels plus holy trinity(3)), the number 666 means something like "triple failure." It often seems as if Satan and his henchmen will destroy the church, but they always fall short.

The question is, did people of the time use "sine"?

The earliest uses of trigonometric functions were related to the chords of a circle, and the recognition that the length of the chord seperated by a given angle x was (in modern terms) 2sin(x/2). The Greek astronomer and mathematician Hipparchus produced the first known table of chords in 140 BC. BUT, his work was further developed by astronomers Menelaus (ca. AD 100) and Ptolemy (ca. AD 100), who relied on Babylonian observations and traditions. Since John the author of Revelations was exiled to the island of Patmos, it seems remote enough that he would never have heard of Hipparchus at all

somehow i doubt that John was thinking of The number "phi" when writing revelations,and if he did, I think he would have used it openly

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Many attempts have been made to identify the number 666 with the name of an individual by giving a numerical value to each letter of a name and adding them up to see if they total 666. Since the numbers in Revelation have symbolic value, it seems best to understand this number in the same way. Since seven is the number of God's completed word (4 gospels plus holy trinity(3)), the number 666 means something like "triple failure." It often seems as if Satan and his henchmen will destroy the church, but they always fall short.

Now I'm skeptical a bit myself still, but just to play devils advocate i'll see if i can make it a bit more interesting. I understand people have tried to give values to names and such, but thats also not the point of that article, nor is the 4 gospels.

The question is, did people of the time use "sine"?

The earliest uses of trigonometric functions were related to the chords of a circle, and the recognition that the length of the chord seperated by a given angle x was (in modern terms) 2sin(x/2). The Greek astronomer and mathematician Hipparchus produced the first known table of chords in 140 BC. BUT, his work was further developed by astronomers Menelaus (ca. AD 100) and Ptolemy (ca. AD 100), who relied on Babylonian observations and traditions. Since John the author of Revelations was exiled to the island of Patmos, it seems remote enough that he would never have heard of Hipparchus at all

Those are all very interesting historical milestones but correct me if im wrong, but didn't John receive visions from god himself? I guess maybe the point im trying to make is it possible that John could have been revealed this, not understanding it himself? I understand thats an unworkable situation logically speaking since there's no way to prove it.

somehow i doubt that John was thinking of The number "phi" when writing revelations,and if he did, I think he would have used it openly

Seemed a little odd to me, but I just thought id see what others thought.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Is phi the same as pi?

Strophe and antistrophe.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What exactly does all this mean? Is it trying to find out who the beast is or when he will come?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Is phi the same as pi?

Strophe and antistrophe.

Phi is 1.618033988749895, while pi is 3.14159265358979, both irrational numbers however.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You can find phi in nature. Just shows how complex even a single leaf can be. I think it was coincidence that you find the number 666. 6Ugly,6liar,6sex.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Phi is called the goldern ratio, or the golden mean
www.vashti.net...
evolutionoftruth.com...

Origens of it date back to around 350 BC

Those are all very interesting historical milestones but correct me if im wrong, but didn't John receive visions from god himself? I guess maybe the point im trying to make is it possible that John could have been revealed this, not understanding it himself? I understand thats an unworkable situation logically speaking since there's no way to prove it.

Yes, it is obviuos that JOhn and many other authors that wrote in the bible had visions and were often devinely inspired. But also you need to understnad that all of those authors were limited in understand as to what they knew and experinaced. When Paul was describing the Armor of God, he was using the armor on Roman soldiers to help describe it, he never thought of medival plate mail, moderan combat riot gear., or even a hardend space suit.

I have found with my studies in the bible to understand that time it was writen and the events happening, when your able to do that it makes a lot more sense.

Scholars for centuries have been trying ot figure out if there is significance to the number of the beast. IN the end the decription I have given you has been the more accepted theory.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
You can find phi in nature. Just shows how complex even a single leaf can be. I think it was coincidence that you find the number 666. 6Ugly,6liar,6sex.

Thats true, but thats because nature follows the Fibonacci design. Leaves, fruit, and apparently mainly everything (that is natural and that I can think of) follow this order. I agree that nature is very complex but I imagine its nothing compared to the vast cosmos. Anyways the link makes a bold statement and actually follows through with some concrete evidence that everyday readers and follow and semi-understand. I love math because I have a feeling its obviously the most important aspect as every single persons life, without math there'd be no order and life would seemingly not work.

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Yes, it is obviuos that JOhn and many other authors that wrote in the bible had visions and were often devinely inspired. But also you need to understnad that all of those authors were limited in understand as to what they knew and experinaced. When Paul was describing the Armor of God, he was using the armor on Roman soldiers to help describe it, he never thought of medival plate mail, moderan combat riot gear., or even a hardend space suit.

Thats a very valid point, how can you describe something you have no idea how to I suppose? I wonder if through all the metaphors and allegories what they say actually is simple if you were to understand the concept. I mean if you'd never seen a car before you'd have no words to describe it, you might call it a ' behemoth ' or something irrational because you don't understand. I read elsewhere on ATS, someone said Native Americans saw trains and had completely no understanding whatsoever, so they thought it was demonic or something along those lines.

Regardless, thanks for those awesome links!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Phi = Φ = (√5+1) ÷ 2 = 1.6153846153846153846153846153846

Mathematically, Phi is the division of something into two unequal parts, in such a way that the lesser is to the greater as the greater is to the whole.

Example:
Approximations of Phi from Fibonacci number scale:
55/34 = 1.617...
34/21 = 1.619...
21/13 = 1.615...
13/8...8/5...5/3...3/2...2/1..etc.

Illustration of the above Approximations: (Starting with 13/8)
+++++++++++++•++++++++
++++++++•+++++
+++++•+++
+++•++
++•+
+•+

An interesting Biblical relationship to Phi is the number of the Beast 666. First, let’s calculate phi. Phi is equal to the square root of 5 (diagonal of a one by two rectangle), which is equal to 2.2360679775. Next we add 1 which increases the number to 3.2360679775. The next step is to divide by 2, which equals 1.61803398875.If we divide Phi by two again (the musical octave) we get 0.8090169943749. Now here is where it gets interesting. If you take the sine of 666, you get negative -0.8090169943749 and multiplying this by 2 (musical octave) equals –1.61803398875!

For anyone that needs a little refresher course, the sine function gives the ratio of the opposite side of a given angle in a right triangle to the hypotenuse. Also remember that Phi is calculated from the hypotenuse of a 1 by 2 rectangle. From this mathematical exercise, it appears that the Beast is the exact opposite process of Phi, where Phi represents growth, light and life and negative Phi represents decay, darkness and death.

Illustration of both Anti-Phi and Phi

––––––––•–––––––––––––|+++++++++++++•++++++++

–––––•––––––––|++++++++•+++++

–––•–––––|+++++•+++

––•–––|+++•++

–•––|++•+

–•–|+•+

•|•

Or maybe like this would be better.

+++++++++++++•++++++++

++++++++•+++++

+++++•+++

+++•++

++•+

+•+

–•–

–•––

––•–––

–––•–––––

–––––•––––––––

––––––––•–––––––––––––

[edit on 2-2-2005 by mOjOm]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't tend to catalogue my posts, sorry......best I can say is check the list of stuff I have posted here with keywords, if the search thingy works at all.

There was another related one today, in a Priory du Sion thread.......they're all over the place.

( Fibonnaci sequence - if it hasn't already been mentioned - is a way that the finite approximates the infinte ( Phi ) ).

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"Im a little confused here

What exactly does all this mean? Is it trying to find out who the beast is or when he will come? "

No, it's about how this reality is constructed and why it is this way and not some other way, if it was chaotic and random for example then people would not tend to always have 10 fingers, that kind of thing. Things like usual numbers of toes or whatever would not occur with any regularity, it would just be random. But it is not, it is patterned and determined by various influences.

Phi itself is really about dividing a line so that one part of it is in proportion to the other part, in a way that can then spiral inwards and outwards for infinity.
The line is representative of the dimension that this 'third' dimension opens out from - the 'second' dimension of the line can only go back and forth because it has no depth. The point is the first dimension - the point just is, it cannot go back and forth but it can 'rotate'. From our third dimensional point of view, it can rotate in two distinct directions - the 720 degree sphere.
Time viewed as the fourth dimension is really only every possible different orientation and phase state of third dimensional objects - same as with computer animation software, 4D = time-based, because without time there is no movement ever, all is frozen solid.

Pi is a proportion that references the radius of a circle, by the area it covers. The diameter across the widest part of the circle dictates how big that circle is going to be. This is obvious in some respects because of course a circle will always be - circular in shape, it is of interest because it has an endless approximate value - after the usual roundoff of 3.14 it just goes on forever with more digits after the decimal point. Back in old Egypt time Pi was given in fractions, not decimals.

Good read for that kind of info. - Serpent in the Sky by John Anthony West.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
referred to this thread somewhere else.
thought it was awesome.
bumped it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Croat56

Obama uses phi symbol as the first charector of his last name 666 or the anti phi is the number of HIS name

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Maybe six six six has something to do with sigma...

Six Sigma Security

ςix σigma Σecurity is as an ideological concept, syncretizing the mathematical, statistical, and data driven methodology Six Sigma with Security.

ςix σigma Σecurity's objective is to develop a worldwide initiative dedicated to improving Global Security through the ςix σigma Σecurity methodology.

ςix σigma Σecurity's global security initiative encompasses Societal Security, Corporate Security, and Individual Security.

Although a corporation, ςix σigma Σecurity is first and foremost an ideological concept.

What is Six Sigma? Six Sigma Is a rigorous and systematic methodology that utilizes information and statistical analysis to measure and improve operational performance, practices, and systems by identifying and preventing 'defects' in order to anticipate and exceed expectations of all stakeholders.

Mathematically, Sigma(the lower-case Greek letter σ) is used to represent the standard deviation (a measure of variation) of a statistical population.The term "six sigma" comes from the notion that if one has six standard deviations between the mean of a process and the nearest specification limit, there will be practically no items that fail to meet the specifications.

By comparison, while 6 sigma is near perfect, 1 sigma is 31% efficient, and 7 sigma is perfect.

Human Identification:

Six Sigma Security supports the continued development of technologies that improve Global Security through Human Identification.

These technologies are part of the Integrated Security Identification System (ISIS), which include National ID Cards, ePassports, RFID, and the Human Implantable MicroChip.
- sixsigmasecurity.com...

Where would you like your chip/mark, on your hand or forehead?

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name." - Revelation 13:16-17

"If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand..." - Revelation 14:9

[edit on 19-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
look at carbon and the idea behind carbon taxes
carbon is 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons

if you don't have your carbon ID you will not be able to buy or sell.

in other words, pay your carbon tax or suffer the concequenses

top topics

join