It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What will Trump try to cover this with? A tweet war with Snoop? Leak another tax return?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nope, just a statement that the UK was not asked by the US to spy on Trump.
Such a statement is usually enough to appease the masses who only read the spin.
The official statement does NOT deny that the UK spied on Trump, just they weren't asked.

But yeah listen to the headline spin and disregard the specifically chosen words in the official statement.

*edit*
I was not asked to give my mate a lift to work today, I offered and he accepted.
The act of giving him a lift happened, and I'm still telling you the truth when I say I was not asked to do it.
I reckon it's too subtle for the angry masses.

edit on 17.3.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Oh that sucks about your shoulder. Try a B&B... Bourbon and Bayer. And maybe some diphenhydramine for sleep. Cold to reduce inflammation. Then warmth to sooth.
Good luck. Hope I'm not breaking any rules offer medical advice here.
Lol

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And when they say they didn't????

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Today is the 17th and it's Friday.
After taking the weekend off again that doesn't leave him much time. Plus he's got this pesky health care thing and the Muslim ban thing and Oh what a world what a world...
What will be different on Monday do you think?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And when they say they didn't????

GCHQ has only stated it hasn't been asked to spy on Trump in its official statement. They do not state they have not done it for CIA or whoever.

...carry on believing the spin headlines over the specific carefully chosen words in a diplomatic statement.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Ha, thanks. I'm sure that even I can produce things that, after I read them again, I'll roll my eyes and laugh.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Ha...rules, schmools.

Thanks for the concern and advice--I've been okay for sleeping, at least last night (the night before sucked). The rest, other than the bourbon, I've been doing, more or less. And I live in KY...why have I not added the bourbon?

Now I have a goal for the evening

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Oddly enough, the reality has been that quite a few of the more seemingly outlandish claims have come to be true, if not in totality, it enough part to make me reluctant to always dismiss the old man outright.

I have the tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt (whether or not that's a good trait, it ebbs and flows), and that's what I'm doing here, based on the noted reality that he's not always wrong with things that sound odd or crazy.

I find him very interesting to watch--like a good poker play or strategist. Even if he is confident in the outcome of the game that he's playing, he still won't show his hand until it's absolutely necessary. I'll be interested to see if, in this case, his hand turns out to be a poorly-concocted bluff, or a royal flush, because with the claim that he's making, it can only be one of those two.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
What will be different on Monday do you think?

It will officially be spring!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

What in the vault 7 leaks shows that Obama ordered a wiretap on Trump? You can't just bring up a separate incident involving the IC and claim it is related to this one. You have to actually prove it. If you say there is a connection, then link me to the leak that shows it is connected.

If you think these claims are truly put to bed then you may as well just ignore the hearing on the 20th. Peace of mind ya know..

I will be ignoring it and just read the news reports about it anyways.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres the thread that discusses the malware and how it relates to the surveillance of Trump

Lol. An ATS thread doesn't prove anything. Plus you made the insinuation that they are related, surely you should have some information of your own (not another ATS member's research) showing this is the case.

All you did was make me further doubt your intentions here, but I'll continue to wait for some real evidence backing up your allegations. Until then I will continue to not care about the vault 7 leaks as they pertain to Trump's wiretapping claims.

Denying ignorance huh? Ok. You don't care about the Vault 7 leaks bc YOU don't think they're relevant. Yet you've posted about 10x on a thread claiming that the Trump administration has conceded an apology to the U.K., and therefore ( to you ) Trump lied about surveillance on him entirely.

Haha. I don't post to persuade you bc you simply don't want to believe otherwise. Observers read these threads.

You are the one making the claim, so the onus is on you to prove it. I'm not going to concern myself with a vague claim that you cannot support with your own reasoning, let alone without any evidence. Plus you getting defensive when I demand evidence really just screams that you don't have an argument to speak of, speaking of speaking to observers and all.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nope again, the only thing absolutely clear that Britain has said is that the US hasn't asked them to spy on Trump.
If you miss that obvious omission of "we didn't spy on him" then I wonder if you truly understand diplomatic statements.

British and US intelligence is so intertwined that if the UK did the spying then US shadowy figures would have been involved.
The question would then be are the shadowy figures mates of Obama.

You don't know, I don't know, but I'm not asserting anything, just offering well reasoned suggestions.

No. I am not "missing" this. I'm saying that if Britain is spying on Trump not at the US or Obama's request then that is irrelevant to Trump's claim about wiretaps. THUS it doesn't matter to the context of the investigation surrounding Trump's claim.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If they weren't spying on Trump, they are now.

Ha. What a fool he is.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The left has the memory capacity of about a week.
So feel compelled to remind you all it has been proven multiple times America agencies pay British agencies to spy on American citizens to avoid constitutional infringement.

One of the most shocking secrets revealed by Edward Snowden has been overlooked by the US media. Documents exposed by the British newspaper The Guardian show that the National Security Agency could be paying foreign intelligence agencies to spy on Americans in the United States.

Specifically, the NSA has paid its British counterpart, the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), around $150 million to upgrade its capabilities over the last three years. The GCHQ has used the money to greatly upgrade its electronic eavesdropping capabilities, and some of those activities appear to be aimed at Americans.

Source

Lets not try and put the pieces together and just believe the media right?
Both sides do this but the left has got some serious blinders on when it comes to anything TRUMP.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Lol, so far the UK has NOT said that Trumps specific claims are untrue.
There is nothing anywhere in the public domain that confirms British spies did not carry out shady activities on behalf of an Obama administration.
Equally there is nothing to confirm they did, but GCHQ haven't denied it yet...no matter how much you may wish they have.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

That isn't direct proof of the US asking Britain to spy on Trump though, so you aren't proving anything here. If the left has the memory capacity of a week, the right has the evidence gathering skills of an ether addict.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol, so far the UK has NOT said that Trumps specific claims are untrue.
There is nothing anywhere in the public domain that confirms British spies did not carry out shady activities on behalf of an Obama administration.
Equally there is nothing to confirm they did, but GCHQ haven't denied it yet...no matter how much you may wish they have.

Ok. You continue to believe that in lala land. I'll be here in reality where this has been denied by Britain. Feel free to post some actual definitive evidence of your point for a change though. I've stopped caring about your paranoid speculation. If Britain was asked by the US/Obama to spy on Trump, put up or shutup. Produce the evidence this is true.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is a classic example of how fake news can feed an agenda.

The Trump admin never actually accused GCHQ.
There is no word from the Whitehouse on an apology.

It would appear, but it's not even confirmed, that Spicer (and the Whitehouse) have agreed not to repeat Nepolitano's claim.
That's it.

However CNN led with a story of an international incident and the Whitehouse apologising, an unnamed official actually saying the conversation "amounted" to an apology.

Fakery at it's finest.

I'll keep my eye on official Whitehouse announcements - nothing so far.
www.whitehouse.gov...
edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Argue long enough and someone is going to bring up Eve and her indiscretion.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't know what you are smoking but the Telegraph originally reported that the Trump administration issued a formal apology not CNN.
US makes formal apology to Britain after White House accuses GCHQ of wiretapping Trump Tower

Sean Spicer, Mr Trump's press secretary, repeated a claim on Thursday evening – initially made by an analyst on Fox News - that GCHQ was used by Mr Obama to spy on Trump Tower in the lead-up to last November's election.

The comments prompted a furious response from GCHQ, which in a break from normal practice issued a public statement: "Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wiretapping' against the then president-elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored."

Intelligence sources told The Telegraph that both Mr Spicer and General McMaster, the US National Security Adviser, have apologised over the claims. "The apology came direct from them," a source said.

General McMaster contacted Sir Mark Lyall Grant, the Prime Minister's National Security adviser, to apologise for the comments. Mr Spicer conveyed his apology through Sir Kim Darroch, Britain's US ambassador.

You should really pay attention to what is going on. You can't just blame CNN for every piece of inconvenient news that is released.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join