It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Read the specific words being used in the official statements.
We were not "asked" to spy.
We will not "repeat" the claims.

If you don't see that as suspicious then you must be blinkered.
I keep an open mind when such silky word-smithery is used.

Also, the White House apologized for accusing the UK of spying, which is not the same thing as saying the accusation was false.

The language being used is diplomatic in the extreme. It's clear that they are taking pains to choose the wording of these statements carefully.
edit on 17-3-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Nope, just reasoned argument based on an understanding of delicate wording in British government official statements.
It's perhaps too subtle for you to recognise?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Democrats lost the election.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Nope, just reasoned argument based on an understanding of delicate wording in British government official statements.
It's perhaps too subtle for you to recognise?

All I care about is how it relates to Trump's claim about Obama ordering a wiretap. Regardless of your assumed subtlety of Britain's words they were clear enough to disavow Britain of responsibility in regards to Obama ordering them to wiretap him. You are just trying to fish and say there is more here JUST because Britain wasn't 100% forthcoming about their spy activities when all they really had to do was just deny Trump's claim. Which they did.

If Britain really is spying on Trump in secret, then that is a completely separate issue than this one. One which you also need evidence for (so I already don't believe you there; your paranoia and distrust of government isn't evidence they spied on anyone). All I see from you currently is you pitching fake news because you are paranoid of government.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Agreed.
I'm surprised so many folk on ATS appear to have little understanding of the absolute relevance of the specific chosen words.

Anything more subtle than "Trump is a prick" must go over their blinkered minds I guess.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

What in the vault 7 leaks shows that Obama ordered a wiretap on Trump? You can't just bring up a separate incident involving the IC and claim it is related to this one. You have to actually prove it. If you say there is a connection, then link me to the leak that shows it is connected.

If you think these claims are truly put to bed then you may as well just ignore the hearing on the 20th. Peace of mind ya know..

I will be ignoring it and just read the news reports about it anyways.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres the thread that discusses the malware and how it relates to the surveillance of Trump

Lol. An ATS thread doesn't prove anything. Plus you made the insinuation that they are related, surely you should have some information of your own (not another ATS member's research) showing this is the case.

All you did was make me further doubt your intentions here, but I'll continue to wait for some real evidence backing up your allegations. Until then I will continue to not care about the vault 7 leaks as they pertain to Trump's wiretapping claims.

Denying ignorance huh? Ok. You don't care about the Vault 7 leaks bc YOU don't think they're relevant. Yet you've posted about 10x on a thread claiming that the Trump administration has conceded an apology to the U.K., and therefore ( to you ) Trump lied about surveillance on him entirely.

Haha. I don't post to persuade you bc you simply don't want to believe otherwise. Observers read these threads.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I haven't found that apology from Trump yet.

Or who forced him.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Read the specific words being used in the official statements.
We were not "asked" to spy.
We will not "repeat" the claims.

If you don't see that as suspicious then you must be blinkered.
I keep an open mind when such silky word-smithery is used.

Sure sure. Desperate comes to my mind though.

Actually it is quite valid. To think that every word is not carefully chosen when speaking, by anyone in a public position of power, would be naive. Especially in a situation such as the current one presents.

Similar to the "I do not recall" excuses on the stand. It is a way out when the $hit actually hits the fan. Not being "asked" to do something is very different from not doing it.

We are talking about major intelligence players here and what we the people may consider minor wording flaws could have dire consequences in their realm.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Me either...doubt we will.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Me either...doubt we will.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Nope again, the only thing absolutely clear that Britain has said is that the US hasn't asked them to spy on Trump.
If you miss that obvious omission of "we didn't spy on him" then I wonder if you truly understand diplomatic statements.

British and US intelligence is so intertwined that if the UK did the spying then US shadowy figures would have been involved.
The question would then be are the shadowy figures mates of Obama.

You don't know, I don't know, but I'm not asserting anything, just offering well reasoned suggestions.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Is your microwave spying on Kraztshot?
You realize the definition of literally don't you?
In the context of your sentence it says you know for sure that he is jumping up and down.
You actually don't know that.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Oh god....

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Who's celebrating? There's nothing to celebrate trust me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yeah....rolls eyes

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hoping someone asks Angela Merkel about it haha.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
Hoping someone asks Angela Merkel about it haha.

The NSA will answer all questions.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Well come on... to be honest it was 241 years ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
BBC news hourly report are now phrasing it as "The Whitehouse have agreed not to repeat claims that Donald Trump was spied on..."

Agreed not to repeat lol.
All my money is on he was spied on by Brits with full knowledge of US intelligence and all parties are saving face with carefully scripted statements.

"We were not asked to..." Bahaha!
I'm beginning to like the diplomatic awkwardness Trumps loose tongue is producing.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Oh yeah carefully worded. I've seen this tap dance before.
Read something into the placement of every period , comma, and word.

They said the story is bull excrement that's the bottom line.
There's no carefully worded hidden message in the comment.
edit on 3172017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join