It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

But Obama had much bigger and more important things to do than obsess over Trump's idiot ideas.

What could be bigger than the wild conspiracy of Democrats losing the election?

You saw what Democrats did to Sanders.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
goppresidential.com...

What This Dem Congressman Says About Trump Wiretaps SHOCKS Liberals GOP Presidential March 14, 2017 Uncategorized No Comments Former Democratic congressman Dennis Kucinich is standing by Donald Trump’s claim that he may have been wiretapped. As Kucinich writes at Fox News: President Trump’s assertion that his phones at Trump Tower were tapped last year has been treated as hilarious—and in some circles as beyond contempt. But I can vouch for the fact that extracurricular surveillance does occur, regardless of whether it is officially approved. I was wiretapped in 2011 after taking a phone call in my congressional office from a foreign leader. That a secret recording had been made of this call was revealed to me by the Washington Times in 2015, a full two years after I left office. The newspaper’s investigative reporters called me, saying they had obtained a tape of a sensitive telephone conversation that they wanted me to verify. When I met them at a Chinese restaurant in Washington, they played back audio of a call I had taken in my D.C. congressional office four years earlier.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Sure, but looks can be deceiving.

I have this crazy tendency to wait things out instead of jumping to conclusion, because I fully understand the reality that lack of substantive evidence does not always equate to an evidence of substance in a claim.

So, yes, maybe for me, this is a waiting game, but your comment rests upon the logical fallacy of Appeal to Authority--just become congressmen in his party find his claim to lack truth doesn't make it so.

Like I said, he has ten days for me, since he claimed a few days back that there will be (paraphrasing, here) amazing, great information coming out in the coming weeks.

Are you too eager in life to jump down someone's throat when you have no part of the investigation into the matter that you can't wait 14 days before lambasting the guy?

Remember, he "looked like a fool" when he cited the immigration crimes in Sweden for a few days while the national (and international) media ridiculed him for the use of certain words while ignoring the reality that he was correct about the immigration issues in Sweden (even if he cited a single night instead of overall).

Telegraph (a particularly good read)
Boston Globe
National Review

I could go on and on with sources on just that issue, but of course, none of them would be NBC, ABC, NPR, and certainly not Daily Kos.

This is why I choose to wait and see what comes of it before immediately screaming out LIAR!! and then doubling down on that every time the issue is brought up. So, feel free to label him as a fool at this point--I'll wait to see if he truly is, or if those labeling him at this point will be the fools in the end.

Modern politics--if I didn't laugh at the whole of most of how people react concerning it, I'd be on depression meds.

Sorry for my lengthy response--I think that I tore a rotator-cuff tendon/ligament two nights ago, so I'm grumpy and in pain.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Trump has already passed a deadline to release this evidence this past Monday. They filed an extension instead. If you are happy to let Trump string you along, then by all means knock yourself out. But know this, people are increasingly taking Trump's words with a grain of salt. His credibility is dropping like a rock and won't recover for his next impulsive tweet where he demands an investigation of some sort without evidence.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
Now I'm wondering if someone in his team is working against him, and feeding him stories to chip away at the little credibility he has left.

If you consider FOX news and Breitbart as his team then the answer is yes.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
The entire "Trump Tower Wiretap" story could very well be a distraction from what information may have been collected by that surveillance.

But of course we all argue about what the distraction means.

Typical.

Of course it's a distraction,that's how the new government works by casting a fire and getting you to look in another direction while they try and bury their mess

The British and American intelligence agencies received a dossier on Trump and his close associates ties to Russia and potential black mail material held on him for future use while Donald was running as a republican candidate

Perhaps they thought there was no way he would be elected but the online dirty dishonest smear campaign against Donald's opponents obviously worked in the swing states:-/

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

Word on the street is that he is not only unfit, he is uncapeable to understand the job.

Psst...word in the back of my toilet is that you just made that up.....I can see a pattern to your posts....you're trying too hard to stay relevant....

It's 7 am in the West coast and the news stations are lighting up with the apology story. Except for Fox as expected.

and VasaCroe ridiculed the above post

or this gem from you on page 1

Link fixed. This is all we are going to hear about all weekend! Thank God.

I can understand that you're new here...and flags are your thing...but no need to make it so obvious

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hope your shoulder feels better soon.
And then, I'm sure we can provide all sorts of other stuff to make you grumpy and in pain. And/or laugh and roll your eyes.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Apology Tour 2017. Tickets now available.
cancelled due to lack of interest. Since when has trump ever apologized. That would be an admission of a mistake of being wrong. Come on guys....

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It does, however, mean that citing information pulled from FoxNews is probably not the best way to base your official statements on the matter.
Agree but the piece I read said

Sources have told Fox News that the British foreign surveillance service, the Government Communications Headquarters, known as GCHQ, most likely provided Obama with transcripts of Trump’s calls. The NSA has given GCHQ full 24/7 access to its computers, so GCHQ — a foreign intelligence agency that, like the NSA, operates outside our constitutional norms — has the digital versions of all electronic communications made in America in 2016, including Trump’s. So by bypassing all American intelligence services, Obama would have had access to what he wanted with no Obama administration fingerprints.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I would suggest that most all are speculating and trying to figure out who said what and when will be sorted out on Monday .Until then we are trying to piece it together ...There are earlier MSM reports of "tapping " so who knew what and when added to facts might be the ticket .

If it was GCHQ and they got the data from NSA then that could be proved ...I would think that NSA would know who they gave info to if they did ...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Those "just senators" as you call them are the highest ranking members of the Senate in regards to security clearance. They had access to everything the I.C. has which is to say ... nothing

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Like I said, he has ten days for me, since he claimed a few days back that there will be (paraphrasing, here) amazing, great information coming out in the coming weeks

Ten days? From when - now? It's already very clear there is no evidence, and that Congress finds it a goose chase to be "looking into it" when there's nothing to "look into." The amazing, great information is that he's a delusional, lying, pompous ass. Still. Just like before he was elected.

Did people really think he would change? I think lots of people just gritted their teeth, closed their eyes, and pulled the lever. "Maybe he'll get his act together. Maybe he'll make it fine for us to hate whoever we want, and hurt all of the people we don't like." Except for this thing, and that other thing, and those other things.....

Expecting a 70-year old sow's ear to turn into a silk purse? Yeah? Well, wish in one hand, and poop in the other and....well, you know.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

He heard it from Bret Baire in an interview of Paul Ryan.
Even though Ryan denied the claim. Trump picked up on that question and made a run for the goal post.
He was trying to take the heat off of Sessions requsing himself and didn't recognize that he'd jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway

originally posted by: Monger

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What does this sentence from the article mean:"Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command," Spicer said, reading from notes in the White House press room on Thursday. "

He was repeating what was being reported on Fox News and Breitbart. Literally just that.

BBC news article.

These fools need to realize that when they speak, they speak for an entire nation. I am embarrassed for the Trump white house, but I certainly don't feel bad for them.

You could feed an army with the amount of egg on Trump's face right now. I mean, they wouldn't eat it because it would be caked in that orange goop he slathers himself in.

Right on the nail! I expect a full apology for all the claims in the coming week.

I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sources have told Fox News

hmm. Yep, right out of the gate, I'm calling 'fake news.' Just like you guys do. "Sources" have told Fox News?

LOLOLololol hahahahaha
sigh

Yeah. Informationclearinghouse is a branch of WND, an alt-right garbage news site aimed at pathetic alt-right hysterics.

edit on 3/17/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And a few words away it says

most likely provided Obama with transcripts

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

"most likely" from "Sources" who told "Fox News"?

yeah....no. And so? So what? What if his phones were bugged because of his unsavory and treasonous and typically greedy sketchy ties with equally unsavory players?

He is not above surveillance. Neither are you, nor am I. Nor is Obama.
Trump is NOT GOD. He is not above the law, or excused from the crack-down that Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld started. But he is a joke. His Muslim ban has already been thrown out. So has the birther conspiracy. His stupid "wall" will be far too costly and take FAR too long to build, and cause so much trouble that it will be tossed out as stupid idea #2.

Trump will go down in history as the worst excuse for a POTUS ever.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

The surveillance claims ARE put to bed. All four Congressional members in charge of intelligence have refuted Trump's claim. Trump and co has already asked for an extension to release this supposed evidence after missing the FIRST call to release it this past Monday. Not sure why it is so hard to release simple evidence.

I don't know what it's gonna take for the Trump haters to realize that Russia wasn't involved in this. It's been PROVEN that our intelligence agencies have secured malware from many countries including Russia.

Disregarding the fact that you just claimed something was proven without posting any evidence to back that claim up this is completely unrelated to the JD wanting to survail the Trump Tower for any reason and proves nothing in context to this discussion.

The Vault 7 leaks outlined the malware theft. I'm not linking them. They can easily be found. I'm guessing you're either ignoring the leaks or only paying attention to the MSM, either way you're missing some significant evidence which is quite relevant to this case.

And this has also been stated in other threads: the Trump administration has maintained that they will release evidence on the 20th, NOT before. The reason is simple, any evidence released can be spun by the media ( who have proven to do just that whenever possible ) and also so as to not give the Obama administration an opportunity to do some dirty work once evidence is presented.

If you think these claims are truly put to bed then you may as well just ignore the hearing on the 20th. Peace of mind ya know..

link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

What in the vault 7 leaks shows that Obama ordered a wiretap on Trump? You can't just bring up a separate incident involving the IC and claim it is related to this one. You have to actually prove it. If you say there is a connection, then link me to the leak that shows it is connected.

If you think these claims are truly put to bed then you may as well just ignore the hearing on the 20th. Peace of mind ya know..

I will be ignoring it and just read the news reports about it anyways.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Again, the official GCHQ statement says they were not asked to spy by US intelligence.
The statement, and with words chosen carefully for diplomatic reasons does not say the UK didn't spy on Trump.

Equally, the BBC is quoting the Whitehouse as saying they will not repeat the claim, not that the the claims are untrue.

The silky wording is massively important and if I had to bet I'd say Britain spied on Trump for shadowy US networks.

How the # any member of ATS could be so convinced it didn't happen I have no idea.
Ah that's right, GCHQ told you it didn't!
Bahaha!
...I keep an open mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join