It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The apology is only for saying that UK intelligence was involved.
It does not say that the surveillance did not happen.

I noticed that. It's like something we'd say to appease the Chinese government. They're apologizing because Trump blamed them in public, NOT because Trump's claim is false.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Arnie123

aww....too bad you got here so late. And even sadder that you had so little foresight as to vote for a reality show guy too self-absorbed to think his way out of a paper bag. He's a loser, and every day that dawns he makes his voters look just as stupid as he looks!

Take your lumps. We all make mistakes.

...we are only 4 pages in, late?

little foresight? but you rather vote for corrupt hillary? lol, now that's laughable. Even more laughable? we won?

Sure, okays he is a loser, a wealthy president and you? eating ramen in a kitchen celebrating over small beans? okay.

Oh, your'e doing a great job looking petty over this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well he is certainly of the mind set to let the general public eat cake.

Are there really any of his supporters that would not claim just about anything conspiracy related to further his obvious agenda?

And the hypocrisy of the matter is that it's Trump and his minions that are the ones screaming this FAKE NEWS bullcrap from the rooftops.

The mind simply boggles. LoL

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think coc aine is involved in some regard. I just find it hard to believe that a soon to be 71 year old man can be up constantly at 3 in the morning after living the stressful and eventful days a President lives. It would certainly explain his angry attitude.
It's reasonable to think that he's on SOMETHING (or should be!) based on observation alone.

Spicer has to go out there and try to defend the crazy -- like a parent constantly being called by the school principal to defend their unruly and disruptive, conduct-disordered child. It must be exhausting.

Wow...reasonable to think Trump is on something but not reasonable to think Trump Tower was surveilled? You do understand how many powerful people have been in Trump Tower right? Likely every single powerful person in the world has been there at one time or another...including world leaders.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Funnily enough Trump actually being bugged should be the answer he doesn't want to be true. Because if it is that means the JD had a reason to wiretap him for Russian connections. He's literally rooting for the worst possible outcome for himself just because. It's completely dumbfounding.

You've completely twisted this story around to bolster your desired narrative.

I don't know what it's gonna take for the Trump haters to realize that Russia wasn't involved in this. It's been PROVEN that our intelligence agencies have secured malware from many countries including Russia.

Just wait for the 20th. This article certainly doesn't put the surveillance claims to bed, it merely states the white house apologized for implicating the U.K. They said nothing about the Obama administration being mistakenly accused. Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes. I learn new limits to a person's confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance every day. It's been a very interesting study in human thinking.

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh no no, your post means nothing to a lefty, as long as they win with this article, any meaningful and critical discussion goes out the window.

They ignore the fact that this is a very serious issue, rather celebrate over an apology, that is the comedy of the thread.

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Your literally jumping up and down over this article.

Do you really think that anybody is 'literally' (just another word that doesn't mean anything anymore, apparently) 'jumping up and down' over this? I can say for myself that I'm mildly distracted from other activities at the very most.

It's an embarrassment for the Trump administration, you can make fun of people for being amused or annoyed by it or whatever but let's call it what it is.
edit on 3/17/2017 by Monger because: Fixed it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

You literally took that literal and responded to it...wow. Obviously annoyed with it enough to post it, stop you're embarrassing yourself.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: clean up

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123but you rather vote for corrupt hillary? lol, now that's laughable

This thread isn't even remotely about Hillary Clinton. How long into this shambles of an administration is that old chestnut going to get trotted out?

link   
The entire "Trump Tower Wiretap" story could very well be a distraction from what information may have been collected by that surveillance.

But of course we all argue about what the distraction means.

Typical.

link   

It was in response to another post, keep you nose out of other posters business, reading comprehension is critical here.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

The surveillance claims ARE put to bed. All four Congressional members in charge of intelligence have refuted Trump's claim. Trump and co has already asked for an extension to release this supposed evidence after missing the FIRST call to release it this past Monday. Not sure why it is so hard to release simple evidence.

I don't know what it's gonna take for the Trump haters to realize that Russia wasn't involved in this. It's been PROVEN that our intelligence agencies have secured malware from many countries including Russia.

Disregarding the fact that you just claimed something was proven without posting any evidence to back that claim up this is completely unrelated to the JD wanting to survail the Trump Tower for any reason and proves nothing in context to this discussion.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Head of MI6 used information from Trump dossier in first public speech

Warnings on cyberattacks show ex-spy’s work is respected
www.independent.co.uk...

The information Mr Steele, who had been hired by political opponents of Mr Trump, gave to MI6 was disseminated through the UK’s intelligence agencies including GCHQ who provided assessment to their American counterparts, the National Security Agency (NSA). Last week, The New York Times cited “two people familiar with the conclusions” of the US report into the Kremlin’s activities as being “among the first” to raise the alarm in the autumn of 2015 over the hacking of Democratic National Committee computer servers.

Ex-MI6 agent's frustration as FBI sat on Trump file for months Security sources stress that the material Mr Steele had provided was very much “raw humint” (human intelligence) and that GCHQ had used its technological means to carry out its investigation. However, it enabled tracking of hackers outside Russia, in Eastern Europe, who may also have been used in the Kremlin’s American operatio

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You literally took that literal and responded to it...wow. Obviously annoyed with it enough to post it, stop you're embarrassing yourself.

Actually we are laughing at how silly you are being with your angry, partisan routine.

link   

I don't know how to respond to this. I recognize each of the words individually, but the order you chose to put them in just doesn't make any sense.

You can blame my reading comprehension, I'm going to blame your literacy. We can agree to disagree.
edit on 3/17/2017 by Monger because: Fixed it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This Channel Has No Content.

Move On.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

LOL!!! God. Give it a rest.
Swing and a miss, every time.

I didn't want Hillary either. I am a registered independent, who thinks they are ALL clowns with the exception of three Senators I have previously named and would absolutely vote for. Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Vermont.

I just think it's hilarious to watch. After the midterms in 2016, I predicted (rightly) that the GOP would implode upon itself. And now here we are.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hilarious. The USA already messed with you, won, and became independent. Maybe you forgot.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
After reading the carefully worded statement from GCHQ, as being reported on the state mouthpiece BBC, I'm drawn toward thinking they probably did spy on Trump.

They say they were not "asked" to spy on him.
Such a massive press announcement and the statement is not "we didn't spy" merely we were not asked to.

British diplomatic language, that key word "asked" pretty much nails it for me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join