It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What does this sentence from the article mean:"Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command," Spicer said, reading from notes in the White House press room on Thursday. "

That was definitely an interesting statement.

So far, the only official statements, which are from Senators and not from intelligence agencies, there was no FISA approved to wiretap Trump Tower. I do not see any proof that something else was not going on. If Obama did not use official channels, it will be tricky to track down what was going on, but does not mean that it did not happen.

Remember in the original tweet, Trump said that he was just told the information. Someone told him something. He did not make it up on his own.

edit on 3/17/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
That "chain of command" nonsense is just more utter nonsense from the Trump admin.

The Commander In Chief can go whichever way he pleases in the command structure because he is at the very top of that structure.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

What does this sentence from the article mean:"Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command," Spicer said, reading from notes in the White House press room on Thursday. "

He was repeating what was being reported on Fox News and Breitbart. Literally just that.

BBC news article.

These fools need to realize that when they speak, they speak for an entire nation. I am embarrassed for the Trump white house, but I certainly don't feel bad for them.

You could feed an army with the amount of egg on Trump's face right now. I mean, they wouldn't eat it because it would be caked in that orange goop he slathers himself in.

Right on the nail! I expect a full apology for all the claims in the coming week.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh I wouldn't doubt CIA/Etc would be involved, and easy to imagine them using UK security assets.

No proof of course, just my musings, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
That said, I'm glad Trump won after Obama and Dem's "end of the queue for trade with independent UK" lines and warmongering stance with Russia over Syria.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

We were distracted from the more pressing issues at hand at the time.

Like the debt ceiling issue that came and went (still here though...) while we were looking at yet another "reality show style distraction".

link   

The Telegraph reports that both Spicer and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster apologized to Britain.

"The apology came direct from them," an intelligence source told the British newspaper.

This quote is from the source in the OP.

Nothing from Trump himself and nothing to relinquish liability from Obama. So let's see on Monday what testimony we hear.

link   

originally posted by: joshysway
White House Apologizes for Britain Wiretap Comments.

Looks like their wiretap lie is falling apart, and now a formal apology.

LOL...more of these "officials" stories...come on people...i can't believe we are still citing crap like this.

From the link in the OP, that reporter can't even spell correctly.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Probably has to do with Fox News supplying evidence for Trump's conclusion. I'm not saying that Fox News isn't partially complicit in this idiocy, it's just that Breitbart put the bug in Trump's ear originally.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So it's finally come to this. This is what you have. Brilliant, brilliant contribution as always.
edit on 3/17/2017 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

All the intelligence agency's of the western world share information and do each other bidding/dirty work for one another at some level or another.

Simply because it instills a measure of active deniability should there nefarious activity ever come to light.

Proof as you say is the ticket through, and without it one has to wonder why exactly Trump was allowed to run his mouth off in such a manner?

Lets face it the guy has a hard on for disparaging Obama, and to what end?

End of the day this crap seems like simple misdirection to me.

Have to say i kind of agree with you on the matters of trade with independent UK and the stance on Syria but when a nation is presented with the choice of choosing the lesser of two evils such as Trump or Clinton something is very, very wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: joshysway
No offense, but to anyone with decent reading comprehension skills (which was really a task to use in this article obviously written by an ideologically driven immature boy-man), the apology was about fingering the GCHQ as the ally with Obama, but it doesn't mean that the "wiretap lie is falling apart."

It does, however, mean that citing information pulled from FoxNews is probably not the best way to base your official statements on the matter.

Like I've mentioned before, I'm highly skeptical of Trump's claim about the surveillance on Trump Tower, but I've been skeptical on his claims before which turned out to be correct, so this, for me, is a wait-and-see issue. It has been claimed (directly by Trump, I think) that we will have information concerning within the next week-and-a-half, so I can have the patience to see what comes of it.

If nothing, it'll be a pretty pathetic display from the office of the presidency. It there is evidence produced, then we'll have a pretty damning issue on our hands concerning the Obama administration. But like I said, it's a wait-and-see issue for me--Trump has about 10 days to not look like a complete fool on this issue.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Now I'm wondering if someone in his team is working against him, and feeding him stories to chip away at the little credibility he has left.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
If nothing, it'll be a pretty pathetic display from the office of the presidency. It there is evidence produced, then we'll have a pretty damning issue on our hands concerning the Obama administration. But like I said, it's a wait-and-see issue for me--Trump has about 10 days to not look like a complete fool on this issue.

Maybe for you. Even Congressmembers in his own party are coming out against his claims. He already looks like a complete fool on this issue.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's 7 am in the West coast and the news stations are lighting up with the apology story. Except for Fox as expected.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Given the Donald's obsession with "fake news", is it just me or does anyone else find it hysterical that he is peddling....fake news?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger
To be fair, it IS the Daily Kos, and when the author finds it appropriate to write, "... what with Donald Trump being a dick and all," in his opening sentence, it's pretty safe to regard the overall spin and editorializing contained within the article, coupled with the unprofessionalism shown in the quote, as fake news.

Sure, some of the tidbits and info might be factual, but overall, this is a garbage piece (and garbage website, for the most part).

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
It's 7 am in the West coast and the news stations are lighting up with the apology story. Except for Fox as expected.

LoL...lighting up? The only things I can find on it are these great BS sites...and still "officials" are reporting...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

It's hysterical.

So is he.
Unfit for the job, and everyone knows it but him.

As for those desperately trying to make this somehow a "thing" ---- you folks, really? It is a preposterous claim - just like the claims Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim. Ridiculous. EVERYTHING this man says is ridiculous. He is laughable --- and now with lots of hand-wringing, the Republicans who "own" congress now -- are realizing that they don't want to be the ones laughed at by the people - the lame "American Health Care Act" that EVERYONE knows is going to fail. Now lawmakers are saying they hope it dies in the House (with Ryan) so they don't have to touch it with a ten-foot pole in the Senate and get blamed for it.

Because stupid claims and promises are stupid.

No honor among conmen.
edit on 3/17/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

A great man once said....

....Stupid is as stupid does....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join