It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Gryphon66

That someone in British intelligence spied on Trump.

if we distill it all down, that is what it is thats being claimed, anwyay.

We're all spied on if they choose to. Given.

However, given that Napolitano said that three sources had told Fox News that "Obama used GCHQ to spy on Trump" ... that seems to be a specific claim that doesn't necessarily follow merely based on "knowing how the world works in regard to surveillance (all the time, whomever they choose)."

That may not be what you're saying at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

Yep. You often cite me for my wordiness when you're in a bad mood.

I would not be surprised at all, in fact, I would not be surprised that on many anxiety/anger/fear producing topics any given populace is "about evenly split."

Well, there are negative emotions of course, some for good reason, but there is a whole other side that I don't think has been fully understood by the Trump haters. Optimism would be one.

You've long had your eye on Trump way back to the beginning of the primaries and you haven't changed your general commentary on him. That I will give you.

I don't think I "hate" Trump. I don't think that for most it quantifies down so easily. Having considered the alternatives, though, carefully, I am opposed to the great majority of what he stands for or at least the way he means to implement it.

I can't speak for others of course.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to:

And GCHQ have NOT confirmed that they spied. They confirmed that they were not asked to by the US.
Massive difference.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Napolitano is a shill. He uses "Judge" like Harlan Sanders uses "Colonel".

I suspect Trump had some axes to grind, and went digging for a whet stone to grind with. And that is where this is coming from. Its entirely possible that Fox listens to Trump, and not the other way around. That the story started with Trump.

Who knows. We are all just trying to hold onto a greased pig right now, and no one is really doing that great. LOL Its become more entertaining that Walking Dead.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Yep. You often cite me for my wordiness when you're in a bad mood.

I would not be surprised at all, in fact, I would not be surprised that on many anxiety/anger/fear producing topics any given populace is "about evenly split."

Well, there are negative emotions of course, some for good reason, but there is a whole other side that I don't think has been fully understood by the Trump haters. Optimism would be one.

You've long had your eye on Trump way back to the beginning of the primaries and you haven't changed your general commentary on him. That I will give you.

I don't think I "hate" Trump. I don't think that for most it quantifies down so easily. Having considered the alternatives, though, carefully, I am opposed to the great majority of what he stands for or at least the way he means to implement it.

I can't speak for others of course.

I had little to no expectation that Trump would win the Primary, never mind the election. For a whole host of reasons. I did however say on this forum in 2012 that the anti-establishment movement would only grow and that is what I think this is, despite it's imperfect champion. That is why I am still so surprised that the Democrats pushed Hillary Clinton. They mus have known years ago that there was a political shift snow balling.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well done to the Trump administration for pissing off part of the intelligence service of the USA's closest ally.

And just to be clear here - because I know some of you folks in the USA don't necessarily understand the nuances of British diplomatic speech and actions;

GCHQ coming out and discussing an issue in public is so rare in terms of diplomacy and diplomatic relations that, in simple terms, its like your friend pulling a gun on you.

GCHQ then describing a claim made as utter nonsense is - diplomatically - akin to that same friend using that gun and putting one in the wall behind you.

And yes, you may think that's over dramatic and bluster, however it isn't, and backchannel that will have been made perfectly clear.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Well done to the Trump administration for pissing off part of the intelligence service of the USA's closest ally.

And just to be clear here - because I know some of you folks in the USA don't necessarily understand the nuances of British diplomatic speech and actions;

GCHQ coming out and discussing an issue in public is so rare in terms of diplomacy and diplomatic relations that, in simple terms, its like your friend pulling a gun on you.

GCHQ then describing a claim made as utter nonsense is - diplomatically - akin to that same friend using that gun and putting one in the wall behind you.

And yes, you may think that's over dramatic and bluster, however it isn't, and backchannel that will have been made perfectly clear.

Oh please, no one cares about our little island. When America sneezes we catch a cold. The GCHQ effectively report to the NSA.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh please, no one cares about our little island. When America sneezes we catch a cold. The GCHQ effectively report to the NSA.

Simply....

Wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Simply....

Wrong.

OK, but I think you are overestimating our standing. With Brexit we need America more than ever. Mrs May will do as she is told.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I wonder how concerned GCHQ was over the EXMI5 guy doing the dossier on Trump ?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Were did my very detailed post go from before, am i missing it. im subscribed but there is no reply in my profile WTF

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3ncrypt0Rdie

The thread went really quiet after I posted

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well the cult are still out in full force as predicted.

Tip for Donnie: stop getting your news from Breitbart. It's very fake news mate.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

You make it sound like Trump's wiretapping claims were untrue, yet they weren't. The only thing he has to apologize for is that belief that the U.K. had a hand in it. The fact that Obama did indeed have his (and numerous other officials) wiretapped remains true.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

Come on over; I originally posted here but I think the post was removed so we made a whole thread,......come on come on over

Lets just debate the likely hood that there were unauthorized wiretaps given the current IC environment.

"Breaking: Trump; NO need to apologize for uk wiretap comments; it likely happened here is why"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Here is something that a lot of people don't realize. The Secret Service could have found evidence that Trump was being wiretapped. They frequently check whatever rooms the President would be at. We don't know for certain how President Trump found this.

Most of us don't even know what is happening behind the scenes. There could be negotiations between the DNC/Clinton and President Trump. Such evidence could be used as a bargaining chip, and once President Trump releases it he would have one less bargaining chip. President Trump wants to re-arrange the government. Democrats/DNC and the Obama administration fired anyone and everyone they thought would not bow to President Obama's demands, and they implanted their own shills in every positions of power. There are still many DNC officials in positions of power. This evidence could even be used by President Trump to force DNC officials in power to resign by making a deal. This could be the reason why the evidence has not been presented. We simply don't know.

However, i am still 100% certain that President Trump wouldn't have mentioned this without some sort of evidence. I know leftists would love to claim he is an idiot, but if he was and those of you in the left are so smart you would be the rich ones, and President Trump would be just a regular guy.

President Trump is not a politician, and he does not act as one. He says what is in his mind and doesn't mince words like politicians do, or hide their true intentions and meaning.

edit on 18-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What a mess, Trump needs to just man up and admit he accused another man. Have some balls! SAD.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

However, i am still 100% certain that President Trump wouldn't have mentioned this without some sort of evidence.

Still waiting to hear about those 5,000,000 illegal votes.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus

The fact that Obama did indeed have his (and numerous other officials) wiretapped remains true.

And you have evidence for this? Are you in the DOJ?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

However, i am still 100% certain that President Trump wouldn't have mentioned this without some sort of evidence.

Still waiting to hear about those 5,000,000 illegal votes.

Any day now mate, hang in there! Still waiting on hillary to be jailed and ISIS to be defeated 'in 30 days' too.

The only thing we can be 100% certain of with trump is that he reads infowars and breitbart then tweets emotional, reactionary tantrums making accusations all over the place. And then he has to apologise when he can't find any evidence.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join