It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: introvert
Perhaps I missed it, but can anyone link to the "formal apology"?

No. Nobody can because there wasn't one. Just more fake stories from "journalists".

It appears to me, after reading-up on this issue a bit more, that Fox and the White House are also guilty of spreading "fake news".

Though, I despise that term because it is regurgitated ad nauseum by the Right Wing to describe things they simply do not like.
It's almost as if they cannot think or talk independently. They follow the propaganda terms to a T.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Heh.

Polls.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Heh.

Polls.

Polls vs sweeping statements. Choose your poison.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No. Nobody can because there wasn't one. Just more fake stories from "journalists".

It appears to me, after reading-up on this issue a bit more, that Fox and the White House are also guilty of spreading "fake news".

Though, I despise that term because it is regurgitated ad nauseum by the Right Wing to describe things they simply do not like.
It's almost as if they cannot think or talk independently. They follow the propaganda terms to a T.

I think Fox and the WH may well be guilty of spreading fake news from Nepolitano, NYT, Heat Street, et al. This won't die down though until we start getting to the facts and go way beyond the 'he said, she said' speculative arguments.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
US makes formal apology to Britain after White House accuses GCHQ of wiretapping Trump Tower.

White House Apologizes for Britain Wiretap Comments.

The White House has reportedly apologized to Britain over debunked Trump Tower wiretapping accusations.

Looks like their wiretap lie is falling apart, and now a formal apology.

To be clear on how this all works and what the FACTS are!

CCHQ dose all (on the books) domestic surveillance for the CONUS

X

NSA/CSS dose all (on the books) domestic surveillance for GB

Through these covert partnerships, the agencies have inserted secret vulnerabilities – known as backdoors or trapdoors – into commercial encryption software. Easy to do on the fly.

This is the process that is used to follow local, federal, and founding principles for that country.
Also this is done because almost all data being sent and received across the web in many cases traverses through many other countries allowing for lawful intercept under those guidelines and rules pertaining to those countries.
This basic example of the process that applies to many instances.
This reply is based on weather or not SIGINT assets were used to wiretap President Donald J Trump.

There is no doubt that his communications were intercepted!
Below is more than enough example of proof

Tons of BS behind this kind of story being pushed all over the “commoner news networks”.

Early on in the Snowden leaks, it became clear that the NSA and its UK equivalent, GCHQ, had a very close relationship, sharing lots of data with each other. We noted a convenient potential byproduct of this collaboration: while, technically speaking, NSA isn't supposed to spy on Americans and GCHQ isn't supposed to spy in UK citizens, if they spy on the others' citizens and then share the results, they can get around that loophole. In response to that, the NSA, GCHQ and the three other signals intelligence agencies that make up the so-called "Five Eyes" surveillance collaboration between the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, suggested that they had "minimization" procedures in place not to actually spy on "non-target" citizens of each members' countries.
But, of course, that's not what's actually happening. The latest Snowden document published by The Guardian reveals two important, but related things. First, the GCHQ and the NSA worked out a deal to let the NSA spy much more broadly on UK citizens, allowing them to build a database of previously "restricted" materials on UK citizens. Second, the NSA appears to have taken this small opening by the GCHQ to spy on the UK citizens under certain circumstances and massively expanded it, without telling GCHQ.

www.te... chdirt.com/articles/20131120/12242125305/nsa-worked-out-deal-with-gchq-to-spy-uk-citizens-secretly-expanded-it.shtml]Techdirt

For even more Clarity on this subject refer to this coverage below
How the NSA's Domestic Spying Program Works
www.eff.org...

So in Conclusion it is been proven that the Television and News outlets are playing on peoples ignorance and just out right foolishness to thinks that the system would not ever do such a thing.

God help us if people really believe that.

More: www.theguardian.com...
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: bold under line

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I find it funny that people so strongly deny the accusation when just a few short years ago, Obama had to apologize FOR REAL for surveilling Merkel. Even French President Hollande accused Obama of the same though it was denied. They were forced to admit they did it to Merkel.

And now people are saying these accusations from Trump are crazy? My how quickly we forget....

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

so true

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I think Fox and the WH may well be guilty of spreading fake news from Nepolitano, NYT, Heat Street, et al. This won't die down though until we start getting to the facts and go way beyond the 'he said, she said' speculative arguments.

And until either the media or the White House can provide evidence of their claims, I think they are sitting in the same boat.

If one is "fake news", so is the other.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

And until either the media or the White House can provide evidence of their claims, I think they are sitting in the same boat.

Yep.
I don't usually like Krauthammer on Fox, but he nailed it yesterday when he said that there are two totally unproven conspiracy theories dominating the news and Washington being pushed by each side.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yep.
I don't usually like Krauthammer on Fox, but he nailed it yesterday when he said that there are two totally unproven conspiracy theories dominating the news and Washington being pushed by each side.

I can agree with that. What bothers me is that it is being perpetuated by the White House, who makes a big deal about dishonest, unfounded reporting.

Trump, Spicer and the WH are hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yep.

I can agree with that. What bothers me is that it is being perpetuated by the White House, who makes a big deal about dishonest, unfounded reporting.

Trump, Spicer and the WH are hypocrites.

Yep, but the 'other' side act all virtuous and pretend they are the defenders of truth too.

It's a sh** show and given the story today (the really important one, not the political points scoring nonsense) that Trump may be about to make demands that Russia pull out of Crimea, the chances of progress in the world just took a knock, as did my confidence in the US's ability to sort itself out. NeoCons need to be purged from govt, not listened to (different thread though).

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Brits agreed to let us spy on them:

Spying on innocent British Citizens Approved By Government

Tony Blair’s government gave America permission to store and analyse the email, mobile phone and internet records of potentially millions of innocent Britons. At the same time US security officials drew up plans to spy on British citizens unilaterally, without the knowledge of the UK government.

Then we find out about Five Eyes

In the late 1990s, the existence of ECHELON was disclosed to the public, triggering a major debate in the European Parliament and, to a lesser extent, the United States Congress. As part of efforts in the ongoing War on Terror since 2001, the FVEY further expanded their surveillance capabilities, with much emphasis placed on monitoring the World Wide Web. The former NSA contractor Edward Snowden described the Five Eyes as a "supra-national intelligence organisation that doesn't answer to the known laws of its own countries".[6] Documents leaked by Snowden in 2013 revealed that the FVEY have been spying on one another's citizens and sharing the collected information with each other in order to circumvent restrictive domestic regulations on surveillance of citizens.[7][8][9][10]

Despite the impact of Snowden's disclosures, some experts in the intelligence community believe that no amount of global concern or outrage will affect the Five Eyes relationship, which to this day remains one of the most comprehensive known espionage alliances in history.[11]

How on Earth would anyone argue the possibility, or likelyhood, that it happened?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The Brits agreed to let us spy on them:

Spying on innocent British Citizens Approved By Government

Tony Blair’s government gave America permission to store and analyse the email, mobile phone and internet records of potentially millions of innocent Britons. At the same time US security officials drew up plans to spy on British citizens unilaterally, without the knowledge of the UK government.

Then we find out about Five Eyes

In the late 1990s, the existence of ECHELON was disclosed to the public, triggering a major debate in the European Parliament and, to a lesser extent, the United States Congress. As part of efforts in the ongoing War on Terror since 2001, the FVEY further expanded their surveillance capabilities, with much emphasis placed on monitoring the World Wide Web. The former NSA contractor Edward Snowden described the Five Eyes as a "supra-national intelligence organisation that doesn't answer to the known laws of its own countries".[6] Documents leaked by Snowden in 2013 revealed that the FVEY have been spying on one another's citizens and sharing the collected information with each other in order to circumvent restrictive domestic regulations on surveillance of citizens.[7][8][9][10]

Despite the impact of Snowden's disclosures, some experts in the intelligence community believe that no amount of global concern or outrage will affect the Five Eyes relationship, which to this day remains one of the most comprehensive known espionage alliances in history.[11]

How on Earth would anyone argue the possibility, or likelyhood, that it happened?

I posted a fair bit of this on THE thread. There are deep ties between the NSA and GCHQ including funding.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Heh.

Polls.

Neither.

I choose a judicious review of all available evidence combined with experience and intuition arriving at the best truth available at the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That "what" happened?

Perhaps I'm being dense.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Heh.

Polls.

Neither.

I choose a judicious review of all available evidence combined with experience and intuition arriving at the best truth available at the time.

Well yes, but that would make for very long posts.
As for the UK, you would probably not be surprised to know that the split in relation to Trump is not too unlike that of the U.S. Plenty of dinner table arguments. I have no doubt that Trump will be met with mass protests whilst others sit and watch and shake their heads at the madness of it all.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That someone in British intelligence spied on Trump.

if we distill it all down, that is what it is thats being claimed, anwyay.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yep. You often cite me for my wordiness when you're in a bad mood.

I would not be surprised at all, in fact, I would not be surprised that on many anxiety/anger/fear producing topics any given populace is "about evenly split."

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
Now I'm wondering if someone in his team is working against him, and feeding him stories to chip away at the little credibility he has left.

This is what I have begun to suspect. They know his viewing habits and that he only gets his news from TV and has no patience with reading. They also know quite well that he's prone to hitting up Twitter when he gets stressed/upset. That's obvious. And, though I might be wrong, I can bet you he does it against all advice of his 'handlers/advisors.'

It wouldn't take much to manipulate him based on straight up emotional action/reaction. Especially if he ignores advice on taking a second to calm down and think before tweeting. He needs to stop using Twitter as a pressure valve and talk to those he hired on as his experts first. What worries me is that this is only the first salvo in a battle that's going to get ugly as time goes on.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yep. You often cite me for my wordiness when you're in a bad mood.

I would not be surprised at all, in fact, I would not be surprised that on many anxiety/anger/fear producing topics any given populace is "about evenly split."

Well, there are negative emotions of course, some for good reason, but there is a whole other side that I don't think has been fully understood by the Trump haters. Optimism would be one.
edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join