It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
wtop.com...

Suspicious cell activity suggests monitoring of US officials March 17, 2017 7:20 am

DHS confirms a company has been hired to monitor cellphone activity (AP Ph WASHINGTON — With ongoing discussions of foreign hacking and wiretapping come new concerns over an unusually high amount of suspicious cellphone activity in the nation’s capital. A telecom security company, ESD America, which has been hired by the U.S. government, says the suspicious activity likely indicates a foreign nation is monitoring the smartphones of American officials. The unspecified activity was noticed around cellphone towers in parts of the capital, including near the White House. A source at the company said the activity suggests someone — most likely a foreign nation — is monitoring specific individuals or their devices.

Interesting... looking forward to hearing more on this... do they have data logs going back in time? They don;t say WHO hired the monitoring firm, only that it was in Jan. If it was Trump it may be more significant than if it were Obama.
edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yay.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
POTUS at his best.
(Play the vid )

thehill.com...

Buck

Something in common,

He cracks me up. I love it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

that's all I have read so far.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

POTUS at his best.
(Play the vid )

thehill.com...

Buck

Something in common,

He cracks me up. I love it.

That was really funny... looking at Merkel.. "Perhaps we have something in common"....

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Perhaps we should remember the next time some ridiculous Fox News story or Youtube video making insane claims is touted here as fact ...

If we can't personally verify that a report is valid, then it isn't valid.

Personal verification is not required.
How about actually seeing someone involved in the story saying something, or actual attributed quotes in print (even for unnamed sources)?

Well, the articles I read did have that. Which article are you pointing to that didn't give details on sources?

If we're going to drill down to his level of specificity, that's important.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

POTUS at his best.

thehill.com...

Buck

Yes, your "very best" President today stated in front of the world that if we want proof of his claims we should watch Fox News.

Obviously, that's all he does.

Not sounding much like an official Whitehouse apology though is it? They didn't actually claim that GCHQ spied on them either, so it's sensible to go back to the source of the claim.

No, whatever transpired this morning has been reversed this afternoon. Spicer stated clearly NO APOLOGY.

Oh please. Spicer read, verbatim, Napolitano's claim from the podium speaking for the Administration.

You don't interpret that as "making the claim" ... I find that ... ridiculous, to use a British term.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Perhaps we should remember the next time some ridiculous Fox News story or Youtube video making insane claims is touted here as fact ...

Personal verification is not required.
How about actually seeing someone involved in the story saying something, or actual attributed quotes in print (even for unnamed sources)?

Well, the articles I read did have that. Which article are you pointing to that didn't give details on sources?

If we're going to drill down to his level of specificity, that's important.

As a bare minimum I look for an unnamed source said "....". Note the speech marks.
That is the lowest level, which I am still inclined to not believe, but at least look further into.
Then I want to see a position quoted as a next level.
It gets real for me when I read the opinion of a named person.
It gets concrete for me when I see that named person quoted - in quotes.
Then the best is I actually see that person with my own eyes saying something.

I also make sure I layer in context before jumping to conclusions and of course I want to see confirming documentation on claims regardless on whether I am 100% certain someone actually made a claim.

Anything that says an unnamed source, or an official said [whatever]... with no quotes, I dismiss it as fake news until proven otherwise with subsequent evidence.

I have not always followed the above (and sometimes lapse), but this climate, in my view, demands it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Trump was asked about this at the press conference with Merkel today.

He makes it clear that his adminstration was merely relaying what fox reported.

No apology in any way shape or form.

streamable.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well this just happened.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer flatly denied Friday that the White House apologized to the British government after citing an uncorroborated Fox News report to allege that a UK intelligence agency spied on President Donald Trump at the behest of former President Barack Obama.
Earlier in the day, however, a senior administration official told CNN that Spicer and national security adviser H.R. McMaster offered what amounted to an apology to the British government for Spicer's comments on Thursday, when he cited a Fox News report that said British intelligence helped wiretap Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.
"I don't think we regret anything," Spicer told reporters at a gaggle Friday afternoon. Asked by CNN's Jim Acosta if there was an apology by the administration to the British government over the matter, Spicer replied, "No, we were just passing on news reports."

So I guess with the Trump admin, anything is possible. I'm done with this farce at this point. I'd say that Spicer just destroyed his credibility by walking back an apology, but then again he doesn't really have anymore at this point to kill.

Walking back what apology? I still haven't seen any evidence that there ever was an apology. I can't believe Spicer even gave that stupid story the time of day and responded to it...but he did and put it to rest that there never was an apology.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It looks like Merkel and Trump aren't coming to any common ground on this visit.

At the end of the Photo-Op Trump declined or at least ignored a request and question by Merkel for a handshake.

Trying to find the clip. It's on Twitterverse

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
It looks like Merkel and Trump aren't coming to any common ground on this visit.

At the end of the Photo-Op Trump declined or at least ignored a request and question by Merkel for a handshake.

Trying to find the clip. It's on Twitterverse

Good news if true - she is poisonous.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If there is an apology from the Whitehouse, where is it?

White House: No apology to British government over spying claims

White House press secretary Sean Spicer flatly denied Friday that the White House apologized to the British government after citing an uncorroborated Fox News report to allege that a UK intelligence agency spied on President Donald Trump at the behest of former President Barack Obama.

Earlier in the day, however, a senior administration official told CNN that Spicer and national security adviser H.R. McMaster offered what amounted to an apology to the British government for Spicer's comments on Thursday, when he cited a Fox News report that said British intelligence helped wiretap Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.

"I don't think we regret anything," Spicer told reporters at a gaggle Friday afternoon. Asked by CNN's Jim Acosta if there was an apology by the administration to the British government over the matter, Spicer replied, "No, we were just passing on news reports."

Hard to follow that pea. It's CNN. Is this fake news too? Or, was the earlier fake news real, and this is just the latest fake news out of the White house?

You know what I think? I think Donny said he was sorry :-)

Can't prove I'm wrong - so I must be right

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

If there is an apology from the Whitehouse, where is it?

White House: No apology to British government over spying claims

Hard to follow that pea. It's CNN. Is this fake news too? Or, was the earlier fake news real, and this is just the latest fake news out of the White house?

You know what I think? I think Donny said he was sorry :-)

Can't prove I'm wrong - so I must be right

Oh dear, you completely missed the conversation and the fact that no apology has been made.
I genuinely feel sorry for you. I don't think you can even follow your own mind on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Washington (CNN)White House press secretary Sean Spicer flatly denied Friday that the White House apologized to the British government after citing an uncorroborated Fox News report to allege that a UK intelligence agency spied on President Donald Trump at the behest of former President Barack Obama.
Earlier in the day, however, a senior administration official told CNN that Spicer and national security adviser H.R. McMaster

"offered what amounted to an apology"

How do you do that?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Oh dear, you completely missed the conversation and the fact that no apology has been made. I genuinely feel sorry for you. I don't think you can even follow your own mind on this.

I saw your laborious conversation. This isn't about your conversation - it's about you selling assumptions. Same as that

:-)

edit on 3/17/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

POTUS at his best.

thehill.com...

Buck

Yes, your "very best" President today stated in front of the world that if we want proof of his claims we should watch Fox News.

Obviously, that's all he does.

Not sounding much like an official Whitehouse apology though is it? They didn't actually claim that GCHQ spied on them either, so it's sensible to go back to the source of the claim.

No, whatever transpired this morning has been reversed this afternoon. Spicer stated clearly NO APOLOGY.

Oh please. Spicer read, verbatim, Napolitano's claim from the podium speaking for the Administration.

You don't interpret that as "making the claim" ... I find that ... ridiculous, to use a British term.

No it is not a claim. I watched the press conference. Spicer cited ALL news coverage over the last month and concluded that something was going on. If you call that an accusation then I'll throw it back at ya.. ridiculous.

Besides it's all rather irrelevant now. There was no apology as the fakers claimed and certainly no 'international incident' to concern ourselves with.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I saw your laborious conversation. This isn't about your conversation - it's about you selling assumptions. Same as that

:-)

Which assumption would that be, dear?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
handshakegate

nypost.com...

ewwww he looks pi$$ed
edit on 17-3-2017 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As yours are equally speculation.
The UK has not officially stated that Trumps original claims were untrue yet you peddle a mantra that it has.
That is dishonesty on your part.

Mrs May's official spokesman said the White House has assured the Government that allegations that British intelligence services spied on Donald Trump will not be repeated.

The Government "made clear" to the US that the "ridiculous" claims should be ignored and received assurances in return that they will not be repeated, showing that the administration does not give them any credence, Mrs May's spokesman said.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join