It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
POTUS at his best.
(Play the vid )

thehill.com...

Buck
edit on 17-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Perhaps we should remember the next time some ridiculous Fox News story or Youtube video making insane claims is touted here as fact ...

If we can't personally verify that a report is valid, then it isn't valid.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
POTUS at his best.

thehill.com...

Buck

Yes, your "very best" President today stated in front of the world that if we want proof of his claims we should watch Fox News.

Obviously, that's all he does.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Perhaps we should remember the next time some ridiculous Fox News story or Youtube video making insane claims is touted here as fact ...

Personal verification is not required.
How about actually seeing someone involved in the story saying something, or actual attributed quotes in print (even for unnamed sources)?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

POTUS at his best.

thehill.com...

Buck

Yes, your "very best" President today stated in front of the world that if we want proof of his claims we should watch Fox News.

Not sounding much like an official Whitehouse apology though is it? They didn't actually claim that GCHQ spied on them either, so it's sensible to go back to the source of the claim.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well this just happened.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer flatly denied Friday that the White House apologized to the British government after citing an uncorroborated Fox News report to allege that a UK intelligence agency spied on President Donald Trump at the behest of former President Barack Obama.
Earlier in the day, however, a senior administration official told CNN that Spicer and national security adviser H.R. McMaster offered what amounted to an apology to the British government for Spicer's comments on Thursday, when he cited a Fox News report that said British intelligence helped wiretap Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.
"I don't think we regret anything," Spicer told reporters at a gaggle Friday afternoon. Asked by CNN's Jim Acosta if there was an apology by the administration to the British government over the matter, Spicer replied, "No, we were just passing on news reports."

So I guess with the Trump admin, anything is possible. I'm done with this farce at this point. I'd say that Spicer just destroyed his credibility by walking back an apology, but then again he doesn't really have anymore at this point to kill.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is a farce indeed, from every angle.

Just remember to hold our friends to the same standards they've promoted here.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well this just happened.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer flatly denied Friday that the White House apologized to the British government after citing an uncorroborated Fox News report to allege that a UK intelligence agency spied on President Donald Trump at the behest of former President Barack Obama.
Earlier in the day, however, a senior administration official told CNN that Spicer and national security adviser H.R. McMaster offered what amounted to an apology to the British government for Spicer's comments on Thursday, when he cited a Fox News report that said British intelligence helped wiretap Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.
"I don't think we regret anything," Spicer told reporters at a gaggle Friday afternoon. Asked by CNN's Jim Acosta if there was an apology by the administration to the British government over the matter, Spicer replied, "No, we were just passing on news reports."

So I guess with the Trump admin, anything is possible. I'm done with this farce at this point. I'd say that Spicer just destroyed his credibility by walking back an apology, but then again he doesn't really have anymore at this point to kill.

So the actual people you claim made an apology say they did not - in public - and instead of admitting you were completely wrong, you pretend that they are lying and you were right all along.

How pathetic.

That is what happens when you don't stick with the facts. You end up looking like a fool.
edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So the actual people you claim made an apology say they did not - in public - and instead of admitting you were completely wrong, you pretend that they are lying and you were right all along.

I did no such thing! Stop lying and inventing strawmans about me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
... or it could have happened this way ...

The conversations this morning went as reported, with proper diplomatic language and assurances being passed from the more experienced members of the WH staff to the Brits ... only to have Trump come in this afternoon and demand that Spicer go out and deny that anyone in his Administration "apologized."

Because ... TRUMP.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol but the UK has not said they didn't do it.
Again, I was not asked for a lift to work today by a mate, I offered.

I know you grieve about this and I take pleasure you do, but the UK has NOT officially stated that it didn't spy on Trump for Obama, just that the US intelligence services did not ask.

I grieve for your intelligence if you cannot see the clear distinction.
Yet still you incorrectly assert that the UK has formally denied Trumps claims. It hasn't, it avoided that specific question in GCHQ'S official statement.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

All in due time my friend.

It seems, there are many in the IC, who have very much underestimated the tradecraft of the Dovahkiin.

Buck

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The UK's Prime Minister and the GCHQ have both stated that the assertions made by Fox News and repeated by the White House are absurd.

Yes, the whole matter has been clearly denied by the UK.

Now, whether you believe them or not ... that's at least a somewhat valid question.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I did no such thing! Stop lying and inventing strawmans about me.

You said:

I'd say that Spicer just destroyed his credibility by walking back an apology

You also told me that there was an apology "whether I liked it or not". Based on no evidence.

It's ok, you can admit you got conned by fake news.
The real joke here is CNN, with their 'international incident' rubbish.
It would not surprise me if Trump just played them again.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

All in due time my friend.

It seems, there are many in the IC, who have very much underestimated the tradecraft of the Dovahkiin.

Buck

So you're comparing Trump to a fictional character in a video game?

Ennh ... probably not too far off. Despite my hopes, he's turning out to be little more than the Reality TV Star I feared he would be.

And it's only going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

POTUS at his best.

thehill.com...

Buck

Not sounding much like an official Whitehouse apology though is it? They didn't actually claim that GCHQ spied on them either, so it's sensible to go back to the source of the claim.

Listen man! The Dems wanna celebrate so let them. Sources? Who cares? They're clinging onto any iota that will bring them joy. Truth is an inconvenience for some of these guys.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Will the kooks at Daily Kos and the Telegraph be forced to apologize now?

Looks like their "forced apology" lie is falling apart.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Will the kooks at Daily Kos and the Telegraph be forced to apologize now?

Looks like their "forced apology" lie is falling apart.

I am waiting for the CNN apology about how they got their story wrong and made a massive headline and 'international incident' out of it...

...my "Spidey Senses" are telling me that Trump just set them up again.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
wtop.com...

Suspicious cell activity suggests monitoring of US officials March 17, 2017 7:20 am

DHS confirms a company has been hired to monitor cellphone activity (AP Ph WASHINGTON — With ongoing discussions of foreign hacking and wiretapping come new concerns over an unusually high amount of suspicious cellphone activity in the nation’s capital. A telecom security company, ESD America, which has been hired by the U.S. government, says the suspicious activity likely indicates a foreign nation is monitoring the smartphones of American officials. The unspecified activity was noticed around cellphone towers in parts of the capital, including near the White House. A source at the company said the activity suggests someone — most likely a foreign nation — is monitoring specific individuals or their devices.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Today is the 17th and it's Friday.
After taking the weekend off again that doesn't leave him much time. Plus he's got this pesky health care thing and the Muslim ban thing and Oh what a world what a world...
What will be different on Monday do you think?

What will be different? The fact that Monday is the hearing in which he's supposed to present evidence.

You guys act like Trump is scrambling around looking for scraps just because he hasn't given evidence to the media before the hearing. Given the MSM's track record I'd do the same damn thing if I was in his shoes.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join