It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I see the conversation is over now. No proof will be forthcoming of your ridiculous claims. Not that I expected any to begin with. Just the usual Trump supporter "deny everything that looks bad for Trump" routine.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As yours are equally speculation.
The UK has not officially stated that Trumps original claims were untrue yet you peddle a mantra that it has.
That is dishonesty on your part.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Ok. Take it up with a court of law and see how far your arguments go. I imagine no where because they are baseless and pure speculation.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

The UK has not officially stated that Trumps original claims were untrue yet you peddle a mantra that it has.

They said the claims are "complete and utter nonsense". Spin that however you want.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

I see the conversation is over now. No proof will be forthcoming of your ridiculous claims. Not that I expected any to begin with. Just the usual Trump supporter "deny everything that looks bad for Trump" routine.

I am not making any claims.
I am stating the facts:

Has either party claimed there was an apology : No.
Did Spicer even accuse GCHQ : No.
Has someone involved made a statement about the conversation between the US and the British Govt. : Yes. They said they received an assurance that the claim would not be repeated.

That's it.
I will await further information from the people actually involved and ignore secret sources talking about secret apologies.

It's the same secret apology and secret sources that are the basis of your argument, which I assume you think is not ridiculous

edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
Just heard Trump say "you should be speaking to Fox, not me" on Radio news.

Didn't sound like an apology at all.

link   
The most telling part of the news conference was that Trump chickened out and put the heat on one of his own (Fox and Napolitano), rather than being a man and answer the question and own it.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

They said the claims are "complete and utter nonsense". Spin that however you want.

They have been reaching for any straw to grasp for the last few pages. They know they have no proof of their claims. It's just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Nope, the UK stated claims that the US "asked" them to spy were nonsense.
You are clearly as stupid as the masses and listen to spin instead of specific carefully chosen words in a diplomatic statement.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Jesus.

A spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said it had been made clear to US authorities the claims were "ridiculous and should have been ignored".

GCHQ rejected the allegations as "utterly ridiculous". The unusual move by the agency to comment on the news came after Mr Spicer cited claims first made on Fox News earlier this week.

BBC

Yes, in point of fact, both the British Prime Minister and the GCHQ have stated that the allegations were ridiculous.

ridiculous

deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd. "when you realize how ridiculous these scenarios are, you will have to laugh" synonyms: laughable, absurd, comical, funny, hilarious, risible, droll, amusing, farcical, silly, ludicrous; More

Source

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Explain precisely how it was "the right choice at the right time" to enslave the people you mentioned. Make that assertion somehow less disgusting.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

When you constantly act like a child ordinary adult behavior always seems patronizing. Lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I believe I've already said I know this tap dance and I'm not participating.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Jesus.

A spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said it had been made clear to US authorities the claims were "ridiculous and should have been ignored".

GCHQ rejected the allegations as "utterly ridiculous". The unusual move by the agency to comment on the news came after Mr Spicer cited claims first made on Fox News earlier this week.

BBC

Yes, in point of fact, both the British Prime Minister and the GCHQ have stated that the allegations were ridiculous.

ridiculous

deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd. "when you realize how ridiculous these scenarios are, you will have to laugh" synonyms: laughable, absurd, comical, funny, hilarious, risible, droll, amusing, farcical, silly, ludicrous; More

Source

Would you expect GCHQ to say "Yes Gov. You caught us fair and square. We did it." ?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I linked you to the best quote the BBC had from the official statement.
Nowhere do they state that Trumps claims are false, just that the UK was not"asked" to spy on him.
Lol at the claims YOU make, spinning a statement to something it did not assert.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You are clearly as stupid as the masses and listen to spin instead of specific carefully chosen words in a diplomatic statement.

A person who argues for a man that lies constantly throws tantrums on twitter making unfounded accusations then blames the media he got the ideas from has zero credibility calling me stupid. Stop being an idiot.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thing is though mate, Theresa May and GCHQ are not reliable sources at all.

They'd be expected to deny this...
& they know there is no way to prove it either way.

Personally, I'm on the fence.

I don't believe GCHQ or Theresa May, but then again I don't believe Fox or Napolitano either.

They're all full of sh*t most of the time.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

A person who argues for a man that lies constantly throws tantrums on twitter making unfounded accusations then blames the media he got the ideas from has zero credibility calling me stupid. Stop being an idiot.

link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Lol. Even the box of chocolate quote was mama's . Forrest starts that sentence with "mama always said... mama was wise and loved that boy fiercely.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Just heard Trump say "you should be speaking to Fox, not me" on Radio news.

Didn't sound like an apology at all.

Trump:

“All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television,” Trump said. “I didn’t make an opinion on it. That was a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox. And so you shouldn’t be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox.”

I think we can chalk the 'apology' up to more fake news by CNN. Seems like that 'international incident' might not be quite as bad as we thought... and here was me dusting off the fatigues and prepping.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join