It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Trump forced to apologize for UK wiretap comments.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't know what you are smoking but the Telegraph originally reported that the Trump administration issued a formal apology not CNN. Also it was noted that the text of the apology wasn't released to the public.
US makes formal apology to Britain after White House accuses GCHQ of wiretapping Trump Tower

Sean Spicer, Mr Trump's press secretary, repeated a claim on Thursday evening – initially made by an analyst on Fox News - that GCHQ was used by Mr Obama to spy on Trump Tower in the lead-up to last November's election.

The comments prompted a furious response from GCHQ, which in a break from normal practice issued a public statement: "Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wiretapping' against the then president-elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored."

Intelligence sources told The Telegraph that both Mr Spicer and General McMaster, the US National Security Adviser, have apologised over the claims. "The apology came direct from them," a source said.

General McMaster contacted Sir Mark Lyall Grant, the Prime Minister's National Security adviser, to apologise for the comments. Mr Spicer conveyed his apology through Sir Kim Darroch, Britain's US ambassador.

You should really pay attention to what is going on. You can't just blame CNN for every piece of inconvenient news that is released.

So, a secret apology claimed by unnamed sources then. I see.

And yes CNN led with a story, not mentioning The Telegraph (which by the way is a sh** newspaper since it was bought by the Barclay brothers). It was their own secret sources (or is that sauces?) and claims of an "international incident"

No apology has been claimed by either the Whitehouse or the UK Govt and the fact remains that the Whitehouse did not even accuse GCHQ.
I will await real news on this.

So far we have this, real, statement:

“We have made this clear to the administration, and have received assurances that these allegations will not be repeated,”

edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry that black people were brought here against their will and enslaved like farm animals. I am also sad and regret my country placing the Japanese Americans in camps during the war. I regret my country torturing people which should never happen and I am so, so sorry that American soldiers were exposed to drugs and chemicals against their will. I appoligize for all of that.

But...that doesn't mean they aren't true. It doesn't mean they weren't the right choice at the right time, and that doesn't mean I would change them if I could go back in time.

Ask yourself this. I've got a brand spanking new time machine. Should I go back and kill Hitler? Stop the bombing of Japan or worse yet...make sure blacks weren't brought here as slaves?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wiretapping' against the then president-elect are nonsense.

That's all the UK is stating. Anything you spin on top of that is imagination.
The statement does NOT dismiss or deny they worked with an Obama administration.
It doesn't say they did but you can't use that official statement as evidence they did not.

The quote was the best the BBC could publish from the official statement, all the rest is spin.
To date, the UK has not stated Trumps claims are false...It has sidestepped them with a cleverly worded diplomatic statement.

www.bbc.co.uk...

a reply to: Krazysh0t

edit on 17.3.2017 by grainofsand because: quote tag issues

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The whitehouse isn't refuting the story about the apology so that is good enough for me. You just sound like you are looking for any excuse to continue to disbelieve.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Suuuuuuure. That must be why two WH reps issued formal apologies to Britain.

This is the same ridiculous mental gymnastics you Trump supporters attempted when Obama released his official refutation of Trump's claim. "It came from an official spokesperson and not Obama!" "It doesn't say that he EXACTLY didn't wiretap!" blah blah blah. All it amounts to is that you guys are DESPERATELY trying to read into words to see any way to keep your quickly dying narrative alive; while ignoring the fact that you have literally zero concrete evidence of anything Trump said or even your larger claim of Britain spying on Trump for their own reasons.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The whitehouse isn't refuting the story about the apology so that is good enough for me. You just sound like you are looking for any excuse to continue to disbelieve.

Why would they refute something that is already laughable at best? They ignore most every one of these retarded hit pieces. I can't imagine how many requests for statement they got on this from every crazed outlet. They likely have better things to do than spend their time on refuting crap news.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

They likely have better things to do than spend their time on refuting crap news.

No #! This whole "wiretap controversy" is something that the Trump admin is wasting time on and that could be better spent on other things. Everyone who ISN'T Trump and his sycophants has been saying that for two weeks now. Yet the bloviating pumpkin just won't. let. it. die. Because he can't just admit that he was wrong and mistaken about his original claim.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Lol I couldn't give a # what the Whitehouse is saying, the carefully worded official statement by GCHQ does not deny that it ever acted on obama's behalf to spy on Trump.
I know you wish it did, but it doesn't, unlucky.

*edit*
Lol again, I see your edit, you seem rabid!
I am not a Trump supporter either, he ain't my president, I have a queen forced on me.

edit on 17.3.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No, I look for actual facts before I believe. I will leave others to run fact free.

I am sure the Whitehouse is not going to deny every fake news story - it would take a team all day every day to do that.
There are several responsible media outlets who have reported just the facts that are known, that McMaster promised that the claim by Nepolitano would not be repeated by the Whitehouse again.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol I couldn't give a # what the Whitehouse is saying, the carefully worded official statement by GCHQ does not deny that it ever acted on obama's behalf to spy on Trump.
I know you wish it did, but it doesn't, unlucky.

I don't need to "wish" anything. You have zero proof of your claims so I can continue to ignore your opinions as pure speculation.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yeah the WH isn't going to pay attention to the leading trending story of the day... Lol. Nice try buddy.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

This is the same ridiculous mental gymnastics you Trump supporters attempted when Obama released his official refutation of Trump's claim. "It came from an official spokesperson and not Obama!" "It doesn't say that he EXACTLY didn't wiretap!" blah blah blah. All it amounts to is that you guys are DESPERATELY trying to read into words to see any way to keep your quickly dying narrative alive; while ignoring the fact that you have literally zero concrete evidence of anything Trump said or even your larger claim of Britain spying on Trump for their own reasons.

I see, it's mental gymnastics to go with the facts we know, but somehow ok to run with a secret apology claimed by unnamed sources. Gotcha.

I suppose in a world of fake news pushers, it is quite an exercise mentally to keep to the facts.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yeah the WH isn't going to pay attention to the leading trending story of the day... Lol. Nice try buddy.

What's the matter, are you upset that the latest liberal propaganda piece is being ignored by the Whitehouse, or that there is no quote from anyone involved to support the propaganda piece? Or both maybe...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Oh, this whole thing started because Trump did just that.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I see, it's mental gymnastics to go with the facts we know, but somehow ok to run with a secret apology claimed by unnamed sources. Gotcha.

Facts you know? I'm not convinced you know any facts about this situation. You keep getting things wrong. You didn't even know what news organization originally reported on this.

I suppose in a world of fake news pushers, it is quite an exercise mentally to keep to the facts.

Feel free to prove your point any day now.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm not upset about anything. Don't mistake me talking to you as an emotional outburst. I couldn't give a # what you believe really. I already know you don't care about the truth. Only defending the Pumpkin.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Facts you know? I'm not convinced you know any facts about this situation. You keep getting things wrong. You didn't even know what news organization originally reported on this.

CNN did lead with this story - It was their lead story on their homepage

As for facts, well we know what they are. An actual quote from someone involved:

“We have made this clear to the administration, and have received assurances that these allegations will not be repeated,”

Note he didn't talk about an apology or an international incident.

Your 'facts' are an unnamed source talking about a secret apology.

You seem to like those kind of facts.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes the official statement is telling, no repeat of the claims, not that the original claims were inaccurate.
Lol at the people who listen to spin and unknown sources or whatever.
The official statement holds the key words but tragically the masses are ignorant to anything further than a headline.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Uh... That still doesn't mean they didn't repost it from another news organization... Still waiting on you to prove that Britain was spying on Trump.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Uh... That still doesn't mean they didn't repost it from another news organization...

It means they led with it on their site.
They also never mentioned the Telegraph and their secret source is a "Whitehouse Official", not the Telegraph.
I think you jumped the gun a bit. Seek first to understand...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join