It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo - opinions from the experts please :)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
So I am talking to a friend last night and she says she finally got a photo of the ghost that's been in her house for years. She is very matter of fact about it. Asking her about it and she said she has no idea who she is or why she's there but she's been around for years. She plays tricks, moves things around, makes noises, etc. She said she messes with her teen age daughter constantly and it's hysterical because her daughter gets frustrated. She said she's never felt scared or threatened in any way and they've just gotten used to her being around.

Her and her family were playing around snapping photos and taking selfies and just fooling around and when she looked at the photo's she saw this image. She said after so many years it's the first time she's ever snapped a photo of the ghost. She said in her opinion it looks like a woman with very long hair. By the look of the photo they were in the family room and behind them is an entry way or hallway that leads into the kitchen or another room that had the light on.

I don't know anything about these kinds of photos and hoping for some insight from the experts. I'd love to believe this is real and having known her for more than five years I have no reason to think she would make it up.

The photo was taken at random with a regular iPhone and I blocked out their faces to protect their identity.

Any thoughts are appreciated... thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing here. Are you talking about that tiny little figure way in the background of the picture down the hallway?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yes. Sorry...
It's the figure of what appears to be a woman standing in the hallway behind them.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Definitely a humanoid figure and if it was alive, there would be much better discernible features.

Very lucky and rare catch to get a picture like this, but this is usually how it happens when not knowing where or when a ghost will show up, but when they do it seems they are always observing what the living are doing, which makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Is she sure that it was not her kid playing a trick? Looks like someone has put a sheet over themselves...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Is she sure that it was not her kid playing a trick? Looks like someone has put a sheet over themselves...

It does look like that but no. It's only her, her daughter which is next to her in the photo and her husband who was taking the photos. Just the three of them in the house.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What struck me the most was not the photo but her nonchalant way about it. Most people who tell stories or show photos are usually pretty excited, anxious, almost demanding that you believe them in a way you know? She was just like "yeah she's been there for years..." like an old friend lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Another piece of information I forgot to mention. Doesn't have much to do the photo but... She was referring to this ghost as "Lucy". So I asked how she knew her name and she said a while ago her and her daughter were wondering what they should call her. Since she's always around the house they wanted to give her a name. So the daughter, joking around, texted her friend and asked "What name should we call the ghost". And while she was waiting for the reply, the woman (my friend), joking said "We should call her Lucy". At almost the same exact time her daughters friend replied via text and said "We should name her Lucy". So... I don't know about all of that. It's strange and a cool story.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I believe ya, but it sure looks like a sheet to me.

ETA...I will say, with a reasonable degree of confidence, that whatever it is it's a real object in the photo and not a digital artifact.

edit on 3/17/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Tighter crop.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I believe ya, but it sure looks like a sheet to me.

It totally looks like a sheet.

To her, it looks like a profile with very long hair...

Like I said, I have no reason to believe she'd make it up. But I have no reason to think it's fake so...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Awesome thanks!
Like I said, I don't know how to work with photos to make them clearer or anything like that so I was hoping someone else could

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The part I'm struggling with here is what looks like cut outs for the eyes (in the sheet). That just pushes it to the very edge of credibility. I mean, a ghost probably won't look like 'Casper' in real life.

Sorry, but just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The part I'm struggling with here is what looks like cut outs for the eyes (in the sheet). That just pushes it to the very edge of credibility. I mean, a ghost probably won't look like 'Casper' in real life.

Sorry, but just sayin'.

Thought the same, but perhaps the figure has their 'back' to the camera, which is where the suggestion of long hair came from. The 'eye' cut outs might just be some form of noise in the picture.

I agree, though, still looks like a sheet.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Lol it doesn't look like a women to me it looks like a hooded figure wearing all white! kkk ghost are the worst man your crosses allways catching fire, eye holes cut out of your sheets ect.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Sorry, but just sayin'.

where do you think Casper got the idea for his outfit from? Duh.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Right? The only thing is in the original small photo I thought it was the back of her head with long hair. The blown up photo looks like a sheet with eyes cut out. But the sheet also looks transparent so that can't be right. I love to believe in this stuff and a big part of me believes in the unbelievable without any proof at all, but there's a teeny of skepticism in me too. By just looking at the original photo on her phone I could clearly see the back of her head, long hair, a profile maybe? I don't know...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't know if it's just me but from my perspective it looks like the figure is facing away from the camera and it has its long bangs hair hair tied at the Crown. I don't see eyes.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I sometimes see animal shapes in clouds.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Definitely a humanoid figure and if it was alive, there would be much better discernible features.

Very lucky and rare catch to get a picture like this, but this is usually how it happens when not knowing where or when a ghost will show up, but when they do it seems they are always observing what the living are doing, which makes sense to me.

Looks like a chair with a cat on top of the back rest.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join