It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama violated the Constitution when he DISCRIMINATED against Iraqi Refugees by barring there Entry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Tucker vs. group opposing Trump's revised travel ban

So according to Liberal Logic if I understand her correctly the President of The United States DOES NOT HAVE the authority to block or Suspend ANY PERSONS from entering my country period My question to you guys is Obama DISCRIMINATED against Iraqi Refugees who were a majority Muslim and if i use tolerant left logic that was a MUSLIM BAN. Where were these righteous Judges saying it's going to hurt there economy and business hiring practices then?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

O and if we wanna get technical:

Trump says Obama banned refugees too. He’s wrong.

Just to make this crystal clear, let’s place Obama’s policy and Trump’s policy side by side:

Obama: imposes new security checks on Iraqi refugees in response to a specific flaw in the security screening for people from that country, which slows down the admission rate of Iraqi refugees for six months but does not eliminate it.

Trump: Bans all refugees, from every country on Earth, for four months, with no evidence of a specific flaw in the refugee screening process, at a time when there are at least 60 percent more refugees worldwide than there were in 2011.

Double Edit: Just Noticed how even Left "Fact Checker" can't get there "Facts" straight since when is 6 countries every nation on Earth LMAO.

Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States

(i) Among other actions, Executive Order 13769 suspended for 90 days the entry of certain aliens from seven countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. These are countries that had already been identified as presenting heightened concerns about terrorism and travel to the United States. Specifically, the suspension applied to countries referred to in, or designated under, section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), in which Congress restricted use of the Visa Waiver Program for nationals of, and aliens recently present in, (A) Iraq or Syria, (B) any country designated by the Secretary of State as a state sponsor of terrorism (currently Iran, Syria, and Sudan), and (C) any other country designated as a country of concern by the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence. In 2016, the Secretary of Homeland Security designated Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as additional countries of concern for travel purposes, based on consideration of three statutory factors related to terrorism and national security: "(I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States; (II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and (III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists." 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12)(D)(ii). Additionally, Members of Congress have expressed concerns about screening and vetting procedures following recent terrorist attacks in this country and in Europe.

90 days is just terrible you cant do that.

edit on 16-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: added meme

edit on 16-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: added a sentence

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Of course you know the answer. The left liberals will do what ever they can and want, not realizing that the idiots are not in power for ever. What does this mean?

Well the repubs get there turn to do what the libs did, and now they are acting like this is unprecedented. Idiots.

Presidential executive orders too.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In his briefing today, SEAN SPICER repeatedly pointed out the two-faced double standard that the press and even the judicial system applies to the Trump administration vs. Obama..and Democrat leaders in general. He's doing a great job of standing up for the President and shaming the arrogant press.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In his briefing today, SEAN SPICER repeatedly pointed out the two-faced double standard that the press and even the judicial system applies to the Trump administration vs. Obama..and Democrat leaders in general. He's doing a great job of standing up for the President and shaming the arrogant press.

And even better, by rewording the EO to address and
resolve the issue to strict nationality of the subject of
restriction, Trump has circumvented with the NEW order
any legal reticence that could be perceived by a judge
intrpreting the law instead of policy. Never stopped them.

Of course an activist judge or two with an agenda would
be ruling on policy instead of the law-- and the President''s
sworn and enumerated duty to protect the country's citizens.
Gee: I wonder if these guys can actually define treason
while wearing a robe?? I give it 75-25% no now.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Of course Obama banned an entire country's population from entering the USA using religion as a fuel. Again with the amalgam of non sense.

You will soon come to your senses when you accept that the majority of Americans do not support Trump and that the judicial branch will block him from ever creating a centralized and dictatorial governmemt as hes used to run businesses.

You all should accept what the people wants and enjoy this 4 years of spectacle.

This ban will never pass as it goes against American values. And Trump is not more powerful than we the people and America the great.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh

This ban will never pass as it goes against American values. And Trump is not more powerful than we the people and America the great.

Your president is Donald J. Trump and will be for 8 years. Obama was a failed moron. Bill Clinton's wife lost BIG.

Have fun with that conservative Trump Supreme Court for the next 25 years.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I voted for Trump, but I have to say these threads are not helping our cause. It's time to stop gloating and to try getting people on board with his administration.

If you keep trying to kick people in the teeth they are not going to go along.

If you start showing the good things Trump is trying to do you might have more success. They already lost. Time to bring people together. Ignore the fanatics... let's get things done.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Of course Obama banned an entire country's population from entering the USA using religion as a fuel. Again with the amalgam of non sense.

You will soon come to your senses when you accept that the majority of Americans do not support Trump and that the judicial branch will block him from ever creating a centralized and dictatorial governmemt as hes used to run businesses.

You all should accept what the people wants and enjoy this 4 years of spectacle.

We the People voted Trump into Power. Not Russia. Me.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Barred refugees? Obama bombed them...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Your president is Donald J. Trump and will be for 8 years. Obama was a failed moron. Bill Clinton's wife lost BIG.

If you had any knowledge of your history you would know that republicans have "owned" all 3 branches of the government in the past and it still did not go as they planned.

Cant wait for that supreme court hearing so we can put this to rest and move on to serious things like the safety of our citizens.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I voted for Trump, but I have to say these threads are not helping our cause. It's time to stop gloating and to try getting people on board with his administration.

If you keep trying to kick people in the teeth they are not going to go along.

If you start showing the good things Trump is trying to do you might have more success. They already lost. Time to bring people together. Ignore the fanatics... let's get things done.

Democrats don't want unity. This is Day 50+ and we still don't have a full Cabinet in place. in 2009 it was only 42 days.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

-Chris

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

If you had any knowledge of your history you would know that republicans have "owned" all 3 branches of the government in the past and it still did not go as they planned.

Cant wait for that supreme court hearing so we can put this to rest and move on to serious things like the safety of our citizens.

Why do you have to say "Owned"? Last time I checked they were Elected.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

-Chris

3Million muslim out of 325 million Americans, you must habe been a stud in maths back then.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

I doubt you would have been in any of my classes to know..

-Chris

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I can understand you confusion, there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Obama never banned Iraqis. Iraqis were still allowed into the country, they just had 'extreme vetting' that slowed the influx of Iraqis. As opposed to Trump's plan of just an outright ban.

With so many 'alternate facts' on both sides it is hard to get accurate information, even ATS has it's partisan bias posters, I would recommend a news diet of reputable, third party sources. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
When Obama did it, it was legal.

When Trump did it, it was legal.

Just because a person is a judge does not mean they are for the US or like the Constitution. They are just as likely to be Marxist assholes just like anyone else.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
Obama never banned Iraqis. Iraqis were still allowed into the country, they just had 'extreme vetting' that slowed the influx of Iraqis. As opposed to Trump's plan of just an outright ban.

Interesting. you added a actual fact based point. thats not gonna go over well in the church of Trump.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: curme

Interesting. you added a actual fact based point. thats not gonna go over well in the church of Trump.

The 800 000 stars man/woman makes sense. Let's see how it unfolds..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join