It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concorde explosion and 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Re this subject, does anyone have any thoughts on specific links between these two? I read a theory which interested me about it, i.e. 9/11 being some kind of response from the franco/german alliance following the usa's work to undermine it's supposed allies, along with russia, with concorde attack, democratisation and gulf war. Does anyone find this to be credible?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You asked for my opinion so please don't be offended but this is absolute tosh of the highest order

The Concorde crash was caused by a piece of metal which fell of a DC-10, it then lay on the runway until the Concorde ran over it, flipping it up into the underside of the wing and rupturing the fuel tank. It was a very tragic accident but nothing suspicious or malicious took place.

When you say 'the Franco -German alliance' what is that supposed to mean? Both nations are memebers of the EU, along with Britain, America's closest ally and several other nations. I'm afraid this is just conspiracy theory gone mad.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply. I never mentioned my thoughts on it all. Actually find it vey difficult to beileve that there is a link between it and 9/11. But I always find it best to start from a blank sheet whenver i read a theory.

As for the cause of the fire, taking that as an entirely seperate issue, I would not personally be so quick to say that was the reson of the explosion.

Re Franco-German alliance, there certainly is one, esp under Chirac and Schroeder and I believe they have a very specific agenda which is (at least on the face of things) distinct from almost all of the rest of the EU, not least the new membership

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the loss of the Air France Concorde was an accident!! caused by it running over a strip of metal on the runway.....
its NOTHING more than that.
I lost my godfather in that crash..i dont mean to come off snippy but...
theres no connection no conspiracies...its a sad accident

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Runway FOD, plus a tank design that had been the subject of other puncture incidents and never upgraded.

The only conspiracy here was that the pilot was never given enough credit for not panicing and trying to keep the dommed plane airborne.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why would you not be so quick to say that was the cause? As far as I am aware that is the proven result of an exhaustive Inquiry. What do you know about this that I don't?

When you say there is a Franco German alliance, there certainly is, and a Franco Spanish one, and an Anglo German one etc etc . Maybe America's view of the French and Germans has become a little too jaundiced since GW2 and you are buying into that?

I am British and generally we hate the French more than anybody, including the Americans. The anti French sentiment seen in the USA since GW2 has been more or less normal in Britain for centuries but being realistic there is nothing more sinister at work than the fact that they are mainly (but not always) arrogant self centred egomaniacs

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thanks aall of you again...I get the message. Your contributions have been useful.

I maintain the franco-german reference, however. Also, not sure if there is an assumption here that I am from the US...am from Durham in the UK. Yes there are alliances all over the place...but I maintain that paret of the point I make. As for the cause of the fire on concorde...thank you for your help

RAB

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigredenquirer
Re this subject, does anyone have any thoughts on specific links between these two? I read a theory which interested me about it, i.e. 9/11 being some kind of response from the franco/german alliance following the usa's work to undermine it's supposed allies, along with russia, with concorde attack, democratisation and gulf war. Does anyone find this to be credible?

This is like a idea the Joe (madman) Vallis had, this guy is barking mad and should not be entertained by ANYONE with any sort of sense!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Actually NGC channel has a "seconds from disaster" hour show that is about the concorde crash. while it was a piece of metal on the runway that blew the tire into the underside of the wing, it was the shock wave in the fuel tank that caused a plug in the tank to give out

top topics

join