It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Doing, or Human Being? - Following the Thread Woven into the Linguistics of Samadhi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
KATTO

Literally, meaning caught in the thicket of the creeping vine. Hanging on to words by their literal meaning is a Zen expression that describes the oververbose explanations of Buddha-Dharma. Instead of hanging on to words by literal meaning, grasping the deeper meaning is the point of untangling the vines.

Buddha-Dharma

Buddha-Dharma is Buddha Law (love), or the Buddha Teaching (Buddha Norm). It is a little known fact that occupying a body is wearing the Buddha Body, designed to entangle the mind of a person into desire, suffering and ego. As the Zen aphorism states, "The same hand that gives sickness also gives medicine." The hand is our own hand, of course, and the sickness and medication are designed to cancel each other, leaving a higher virtue in their wake. See this: Sickness and Medicine Buddha-Dharma is not something that can be taught, but must be realized on many different levels of mind realization.

Dharma

Dharma means carrying that which determines our true essence, righteousness, foundation for human ethics, morality, the lawful order of the universe and the foundation of all religion (service to those in need). Dharma and Karma are relative and inseparable. Realizing the highest potential and Arete of the human condition is a battle against lower natures causing rebirth. Cosmic law dictates this as the great norm. To gain strength, a person must fight for the latent higher nature they already possess. Rather than a contest of enemies, this is more a courtship of lovers comparable only to the thirst of the soul.

Trishna

While Hinduism is the Eternal Religion as source religion for all others, the one true first impulse is that of LOVE. As 1 John 4 states, "God IS Love." Trishna means Thirst, craving, longing and desire. Sense objects are temporary replacements for the object of the souls desire. When Adam and Eve were divided, the eternal desire of every heart beat for that first unity and union (Yoga). Trishna is an impediment to the path of spiritual development if desire is misplaced. Attachment gives birth to suffering, which binds the sentient being to the cycle of existence in a lower state of ignorance.

Samsara and Duhkha

At the heart of the four noble truths, suffering is necessity for ending suffering. In other words, the path and Way of the pilgrim in this world is the hardship that leads to realization of truth and strength of character. The hand that is once burned will not touch fire again. Strength comes from the wisdom and wisdom cannot come apart from experience.

Samsara literally means to journey. The cycle of birth, death and rebirth is simple failure to identify the law of Love and our true identity in and through the God of Creation. In the Bible, God is Elohim (not Yahweh). I say, "not Yahweh," for one reason. Yahweh is the Lord (Ishvara) and identified as a relative Son in the New Testament (relative as in not Absolute). In Hinduism, God is Brahman. In the Tao, the unmanifest Absolute is God, with the Mother as the predicatory mind of living beings (naming mind). She is the Mind of God (Spirit) and one in the same as Ruach Elohim in Genesis 1 (Feminine Spirit / Mind of God).

Samskara

As Samsara is to the Journey we take in time, Samskara is to the impression that we get from consequence. This state arises from cause and effect, or reaping and sowing. Generally defined, these are mental formations as residual self images and reflections of the EGO (Abhasa-Chaitanya / see Vijanana Part 1 ). If you were to research any topic in relation to this outline, this term is the one to seek. As I have covered in other threads, Yama is brother to Mankind (Manu). He rules the underworld, comparable only to the nature of Yahweh in the Old Testament. Yama means Self-Control, or the Lord (Ishvara) needed to regulate the timeline down to the movement of form.

Samyama

Samyama means self-restraint, self-control, and is a term used in Yoga (union). There are three stages to Yoga.

1) Dharana - Concentration in deep meditation
2) Dhyana - Meditation (Bodhi / Satori) - Absorption in a State of Union with God
3) Samadhi - To establish and make firm in union (Yoga). If that object is God or the Absolute, the result is union with the Divine.

Realize that at its root truth, the Christian faith is the same search for our true inner being with God. While the names change, the truth never changes. Who is the Lord? All of us. If you are a Christian and you do not believe me, read Colossians 1:15-17. All means All. ONE! Without these keys, we cannot overcome the very sickness the Son of Manu came to reveal. LOVE overcomes the law of Samsara (Galatians 5 Fruits of the Spirit). There is another Kingdom above this lower realm of Passion and Ignorance. This is not an altar call. This is simple Satya. God is Love. Be God (God is Love). Against such, there is no law. LOVE is the key to this.

Warning to the Unprepared Mind

Here, we have a huge problem. There are many who mistake Self-Control (Yama) for an unneeded restraint by law. While revolution seems the right answer, it is no answer at all for a person stuck in their own underworld. For this person, the answer in this video is no answer. Virtue and overcoming the lower nature is the only answer, which is the outline of the Biblical mystery. Overcoming and acceptance of this gift is being the gift you accept. LOVE and Self-Control. No law against either is necessary. Fail to see this and revolution will only destroy our world. Evolution, not revolution. WE must all evolve, becoming what God is at our very essence of being--LOVE!

edit on 16-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: For reasons which will only be made clear in the world to come. For now, enjoy this day after yesterday. It's always the day after yesterday until it's the day after tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Great message DayAfterTomorrow . I am just starting to realize that all religions are like mirrors. If you study them with hatred in your heart, they will reflect that hatred. If you study them with love in your heart, they reflect that love. So before we can understand the greater universe we first need to know ourselves, the atman. Blessings DayAfterTomorrow and all.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Great message DayAfterTomorrow . I am just starting to realize that all religions are like mirrors. If you study them with hatred in your heart, they will reflect that hatred. If you study them with love in your heart, they reflect that love. So before we can understand the greater universe we first need to know ourselves, the atman. Blessings DayAfterTomorrow and all.

This is an amazing message you teach, because it's true. It reminds me of something Rumi said:

How does Rumi describe the Lord?

Ah! you who smite with your sword him beside himself,

You smite yourself therewith; Beware!

For he that is beside himself is annihilated and safe;

Yea, he dwells in security forever.

His form is vanished, he is a mere mirror;

Nothing is seen in him but the reflection of another.

If you spit at it, you spit at your own face,

And if you hit that mirror, you hit yourself;

And if you see an ugly face in it, 'tis your own,

And if you see an 'Isa there, you are its mother Mary.

He is neither this nor that he is void of form;

'Tis your own form which is reflected back to you.

But when the discourse reaches this point, lip is closed;

When pen reaches this point, it is split in twain.

Close then your lips, though eloquence be possible.

Keep silence; God knows the right way!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

Nice Thank you.

Posting so I can get back to this.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
How about just "humaning"

We are all "humaning"

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I gave Bob 20 bucks.
I got Eternal Salvation or TRIPLE my money back.
Don't really have to philosophize much anymore.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
the Linguistics of Samadhi

Linguistics are/is 'thought/ego'.
There is no 'thought' in the state of Samadhi (transcendent of ego), thus making the phrase "Linguistics of Samadhi" an oxymoron.
The 'linguistics' of talking 'about' Samadhi is not the experience of the state of Samadhi.
The 'conditional' (linguistics) cannot define/understand the unconditional.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Samadhi in Theravada Buddhism means - concentration or a concentrated mind. It can also mean a peculiar state of mind achieved through concentration.

Samsara refers to the 'illusive' world.

Maybe later teachings corrupt these words but these are the original meanings.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

LOVE and Self-Control.

Are you saying that one has to control oneself? Because if you are, I would say - how many are you?
Do you believe that there is a separate 'you in there' capable of controlling the mind and body ? If the answer is 'yes' then that is where the problem is.
There is a presupposing of a non existent thing and then there is a seeking for relief for the non existent thing - until this is realised there will be no freedom from it.

You are the seeing of what you are not - it takes no time and no practice to be free.
'We are looking for what is looking'. St Francis of Assisi.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

RUMI

Like a gardener who enters an orchard and looks at the trees, without even looking at the fruit on the branches, they can judge this tree to be a date, that one a fig, that a pomegranate, a pear, or an apple. The true people of God know the science of trees, therefore they need not wait for the resurrection to see the interpretation of life. Such a person sees beforehand what will be, just as the gardener knows what fruit each branch will surely yield.

Life has a purpose. Fruit makes a new tree. We are here to produce fruit. The interpretation of this is to see why, then know what happens after the resurrection (harvest) of this fruit. This answers your question. Read Matthew 3. The mind must be servant to the heart. The heart is a basket for the seed we gather. We get what we seek by planting the thing we gather. Watch the video.

The delights of this world are the same as people who eat while asleep. They chase after worldly needs just as if they were looking for something in a dream. Even if they find it, once they are awake what good will it do them if they have eaten while asleep? Yet, still, what they ask for in their sleep they are given, for “The present is proportionate to the request.”

edit on 17-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: For reasons which will only be made clear in the world to come. For now, enjoy this day after yesterday. It's always the day after yesterday until it's the day after tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You might find this of interest:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Like caring for your body, you are more than your mind. Individuals exist in this one corpus. You must care for your self as much as you care for others. Why? Golden rule.
edit on 17-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Michet

Good one. Universal truths.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
Life has a purpose. Fruit makes a new tree. We are here to produce fruit. The interpretation of this is to see why, then know what happens after the resurrection (harvest) of this fruit. This answers your question.

I asked many questions but you did not answer any of them.
Answer just this one question - Do you believe that there is a separate 'you in there' capable of controlling the mind and body?
Please try and answer it simply - not by quoting or with videos.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Already answered. What is the purpose of metamorphosis to the parallel of fruit hanging on a tree, to the human body as a placenta?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just want a yes or no please. Sorry I am a bit stupid so do not get what you are talking about - please help me to understand. Can you answer in plain simple english please? Otherwise I will have to assume that you have no interest in a real honest discussion.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I want to be a human being not a human doing
I couldn't keep that pace up if I tried
The source of my intention really isn't crime prevention
My intention is prevention of the lie, yeah
Welcome to the Scatman's world

Scatman's World 1995
John Paul Larkin ( A.K.A. Scatman John )
1942-1999

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have just found time to watch the Samadhi Movie. Very happy you shared it, really impressed me, thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Your question: "Do you believe that there is a separate 'you in there' capable of controlling the mind and body?"

Yes, as I also believe a living child is in a mother's womb; as a piece of fruit falls off a tree to become a tree. God makes all things new again. It takes a universe to raise a child of God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join