It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity Pulled Gun On Liberal Fox News Co-Worker

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

According to three sources in contact with CNN, last year, following a "spirited" (CNN reporter Dylan Byers's characterization) on-air debate, President Trump's single biggest media shill, Sean "I never claimed to be a journalist" Hannity, pulled out his gun, flipped on the laser sight and pointed it at Fox News co-worker Juan Williams.

Sources: Sean Hannity once pulled a gun on Juan Williams

Still, Hannity's version of entertainment can go too far. Last year, after ending one of his many spirited on-air arguments with liberal contributor Juan Williams, Hannity pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Williams, according to three sources with knowledge of the incident. He even turned on the laser sight, causing a red dot to bob around on Williams' body. (Hannity was just showing off, the sources said, but the unforeseen off-camera antic clearly disturbed Williams and others on set.)

It seems that some of the people who witnessed the incident weren't too happy about it:

For the record: Hannity's colleagues brought the Williams incident to the attention of Fox News executives, though it's not clear whether anything came of it. The sources said it went to Bill Shine, the network's co-president and longtime Fox News executive, who is Hannity's longtime friend and a former producer. A Fox News spokesperson said the incident was referred to the legal and human resources departments.

That the incident occurred has been substantiated by statements from Fox, Hannity and Williams. However, all three are characterizing it a bit differently than CNN's three sources:

"Sean Hannity has been trained in firearm safety since he was 11 years old and has a license to carry a gun in five states, including New York," Fox News said in a statement to CNNMoney. "The situation was thoroughly investigated and it was found that no one was put in any danger." (The spokesperson said the incident took place in October 2016.)

If he flipped on the laser sight and pointed it at Williams, it would seem to me, somebody who hasn't had training in firearm safety from the age of eleven, that he was violating the very first rule of gun safety.

The Fox News spokesperson also provided the following statements from Hannity and Williams.

"While discussing the issue of firearms, I showed my good friend Juan Williams my unloaded firearm in a professional and safe manner for educational purposes only," Hannity's statement read. "Every precautionary procedure that I have been trained in since the age of 11 was followed. I've had a conceal carry permit in five states for all of my adult life. Any other interpretation of this is outright false reporting."

"This incident is being sensationalized -- everything was under total control throughout and I never felt like I was put in harm's way," Williams' statement read. "It was clear that Sean put my safety and security above all else and we continue to be great friends."

Sounds like the White House might only be the second biggest right-wing clownshow going. I don't follow Juan Williams but I do know that he's been involved with Fox News for over 20 years and he's well paid — in other words, I'm sure that he knows what side of his bread is buttered.

It doesn't seem that he was actually threatening Williams per se, but still, wtf? It is exactly the sort of moronic, yahoo behavior I'd expect somebody claiming his firearm bona fides to frown upon. Then again, it's also the sort of moronic, yahoo behavior I'd expect somebody like Sean Hannity to engage in when trying to show off because he's a clown.

Top Image Source
edit on 3.17.2017 by Kandinsky because: Edited title to conform to forum

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So what?

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ok then.
Considering all the middle school name calling you posted, one might think he pulled a gun on you.

Cheers for the non story.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
20 bucks says it was a laser pointer.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Somehow I find it hard to believe that one FOX employee threatened another with a firearm and still has his job.

edit on 3/16/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
About as much content as Rachel Maddow's big show all tell all tax show .

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Having read the post and the cited sources,I have to conclude that any truth there might be in this story is being played for every possible piece of political capital that can be scored from it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Furthermore, firearms are not allowed in the studio, let alone all of NYC.

I'm even bold enough to use the oh so familiar nomenclature 'fake news.'

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Making up for Rachel Maddow?

Must not have been as big a deal as you or CNN are trying to make it if Juan and Sean are still at the network.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sean Hannity is one of those that the Dems blame for Hillary's loss.
Of course they are going to dig until they find something to twist and distort in an effort to get him out of the game.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's from CNN...Nuff said.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

If he flipped on the laser sight and pointed it at Williams, it would seem to me, somebody who hasn't had training in firearm safety from the age of eleven, that he was violating the very first rule of gun safety.

BWAAAAHAAHAA.

What does a light have to do with gun safety?

Is your last name Maddow.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This will have the NWO globalists pulling their hair out and screaming their lungs out.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

New York City does allow licensed concealed carry.
www.nyc.gov...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Lol..

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Got a REAL police report, seeing as you are claiming this was a REAL threat?

No, just another FNS?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I guess you missed the whole part from Hannity where he said he showed Williams his firearm?

While discussing the issue of firearms, I showed my good friend Juan Williams my unloaded firearm in a professional and safe manner for educational purposes only," Hannity's statement read. "Every precautionary procedure that I have been trained in since the age of 11 was followed. I've had a conceal carry permit in five states for all of my adult life. Any other interpretation of this is outright false reporting.

So you're saying that Hannity broke the law and Fox News regulations to boot?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
20 bucks says it was a laser pointer.

Another person who didn't read before commenting:

While discussing the issue of firearms, I showed my good friend Juan Williams my unloaded firearm in a professional and safe manner for educational purposes only," Hannity's statement read. "Every precautionary procedure that I have been trained in since the age of 11 was followed. I've had a conceal carry permit in five states for all of my adult life. Any other interpretation of this is outright false reporting.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I don't see where you're going with this...
Are you saying Hannity is dangerous or that gun owners are nutjobs or Fox News is bad or.....is this one of those
"Throw everything against the wall and hope something sticks" kinda thing?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Got a REAL police report, seeing as you are claiming this was a REAL threat?

No, just another FNS?

Uh, where did I claim that it was a "REAL threat" again? Here's what *I* actually said:

It doesn't seem that he was actually threatening Williams per se, but still, wtf? It is exactly the sort of moronic, yahoo behavior I'd expect somebody claiming his firearm bona fides to frown upon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join