It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange event.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

That's utterly fascinating! I can imagine how stunned you must of been, similar things have happened to me too. It's like a glitch.

A portal, that too, is possible. I could also be that we ourselves are unconsciously creating these effects due to our own inner awareness of and interest in our world. It's never what we believe it is. I believe it's less complex than what people would think it to be.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I had just been reading this thread where many have the same such experiences.
www.thelivingmoon.com...
I was looking for them because I had also just had an odd occurrence and was looking into the mandela effect further because of this.
Seems were are jumping in and out to someplace else or some places else.

Never really thought about time jump before this event and it's possible we've been going back or forward missing some time etc, thanks for the link I'll have a look.

Well the Mr Moneybags guy in the Monopoly game had a monocle on his eye this was an important memory for me for reasons that are family related. My family members all remember the monical even the ones who have zero imagination and don't believe anything, ever, find this impossible that Now he has NEVER had one.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Hi all.

This won't be a huge posts and not sure if it's in the right section?. here goes.

I've just had the strangest thing happen to me only 20 minutes ago, i was lying on my bed watching tv and finished my glass of juice, got up and walked to my kitchen which is down the hall and next to my living room around 20 foot away and before I could even open my fridge i was in my bedroom standing with a full glass of cola.

I remember once when I was a kid, I was in my room. Suddenly I was in the downstairs bathroom, with NO recollection of going down. I can't remember if it was late and I was sleepy, it's more than 30 years ago.

Another time I was pretty convinced that a drive that takes 43 minutes was done in only 33 - but I can't guarantee I hadn't gotten the start time wrong.

Time does move in mysterious ways.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22021951]DarkvsLight29[/post
Wow. Now the question is what happened in that small space in time. Abduction?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've had similar experiences and one was when I was driving on the Euston Road in Central London (mad busy road), turns out the consensus that I agree with is that I 'zoned out' and basically auto drove. I tend t think very deeply and remember joining the main road from the A40 and the next thing I was coming up the underpass near Euston. I didn't drop off and wasn't even tired. Not the best time to get deep in thought!

As for dream, you can have a really complex dream in the blink of an eye or have it in real time, depends what the brain and subconscious feel like doing. Mind you I do suffer very severe night terrors and have dome since the 90's after a pretty traumatic event happened (real world, not weird) so my sleep is pretty much awful with physical moving, fighting and all sorts, spent ages on the couch rather than risk thumping my wife but she told me to come back as she missed her big warm pillow

The things we men do for our loved ones

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wonder if this is akin to the "what the heck did I come in this room for?" phenomenon.

I find myself quite frequently going into a room and after arriving, I find that I have completely forgotten why I entered the room in the first place.

My memory drop has on occasion gone as far as my arriving in a room, or destination, with no memory of how the heck I got there. When driving it is truly scary, because I fear what may have happened during the drive and I hope that I drove well enough in my fugue state that I didn't endanger anyone.
edit on 18-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This kind of thing happened to me once but with a slight twist

I have a habit of taking my clothes off and put them into the washer everytime I come home. That time which I had so much pee (
), I remember opening the door and rather than putting my socks into the washer, I woke up standing and peeing on them which were in the toilet bowl. The strange sound woke me up I clearly know peeing to a water makes a distinct sound and that time it was different

I was really really amazed how auto-mode of the brain worked. Still needs some work tho for the bugs it has lol.
edit on 18-3-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Just a doorway effect...

Why walking through a door makes you forget

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I had just been reading this thread where many have the same such experiences.
www.thelivingmoon.com...
I was looking for them because I had also just had an odd occurrence and was looking into the mandela effect further because of this.
Seems were are jumping in and out to someplace else or some places else.

Never really thought about time jump before this event and it's possible we've been going back or forward missing some time etc, thanks for the link I'll have a look.

Well the Mr Moneybags guy in the Monopoly game had a monocle on his eye this was an important memory for me for reasons that are family related. My family members all remember the monical even the ones who have zero imagination and don't believe anything, ever, find this impossible that Now he has NEVER had one.

That is strange, you remember him having a monocle yet never had one,, this is the thing i also thought he had a monocle mostly my memory from the box cover.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

That's utterly fascinating! I can imagine how stunned you must of been, similar things have happened to me too. It's like a glitch.

A portal, that too, is possible. I could also be that we ourselves are unconsciously creating these effects due to our own inner awareness of and interest in our world. It's never what we believe it is. I believe it's less complex than what people would think it to be.

You could be right in the way we're creating events/effects from inner awareness or even something external effecting our minds internally.. I've still no recollection of what happened even when i've placed the entire day down to a T yet can't remember those steps/time.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

If Time completely stopped and ceased to exist in intervals as we perceive it, I believe that chaos would overwhelm the population, but only those who were unaware.

People who are aware of it would handle it much differently. I also tend to lean towards the belief that those who were aware would hold the key to unlock the prison door out of here. Such as is the Allegory of the Cave.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Sometimes the brain cuts out memory that endangers its belief system so perhaps you had a revelation (or remembered something too painful) that had to be cordoned off from your conscious mind to be latter worked out by your subconscious mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That is strange, you remember him having a monocle yet never had one,, this is the thing i also thought he had a monocle mostly my memory from the box cover.

Odder yet, my 84 y/o mother says she can't remember if they were glasses or a monocle, but she thinks it was a monocle. Three other people in their 60s remembered a monocle. All I asked for was a description about what he looked like, and did he have any articles or accessories, such as a hat.

Everyonedies, some of the article about the doorway and forgetting makes sense. I have trouble with the brain dropping memories because you cross into another room because if suddenly shifts focus to relevance of the new room entered.

My tin foil cap is maybe a bit tight today because I think it is not just the crossing of the doorway into another room that triggers the response. I think it is more about where and when. I read this article in the Huffington Post that speaks of the veil between the spiritual realm and the Earthly realm. Many have spoken and written of the thinning and the lifting of the veil. Maybe the Celtics were on to something.

The Celtic Christians believed that there were mystical spaces, called “thin places,” where the veil between the holy and the human is traversed. A place in which the physical and spiritual worlds are knit together, and if we are so attuned, we can transcend the ordinary for a glimpse of the infinite. I’m sure you’ve been in such places jarring with kinetic energy, and simply by your presence, you are in someway changed. Thin Places are not necessarily sacred places, or peaceful places. I consider them to be places of dissonance, or transformational plateaus. The energy that flows through me is an experience that leaves my heart open — more grateful, more empathetic, and less alone. It’s a disarming feeling of being brought to your own attention, knowing that you are forever changed by the experience.

Touching the Veil of Thin Places

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: surnamename57

I had my fitness tracker on for counting my steps and it showed 5120 steps before i left my bed room and it's only 8 steps to the kitchen, now when i looked at the tracker it showed 5123.

Doesn't it seem strange that you remember exactly what the tracker showed before all of this happened?

Not really i look at it all the time and have a picture memory, it's the only thing i do remember other than walking to the kitchen, glad i had it on cause it's the only thing that clearly showed me that i had taken steps.. What is strange is not remembering what happened when i was going to open my fridge door then suddenly happened to be standing in my bedroom with a glass of juice and no time change.

Juice or cola?

Had you taken any ambien lately?

Was cola, juice popped up on my phone's text bar while typing so used it.

Not sure what ambien is? haven't taken any drugs don't even like taking paracetamol when i can get away with it.

ambian is a prescription sleep medication...people have done weird stuff while taking it and wake up having no memory of what they did

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: surnamename57

I had my fitness tracker on for counting my steps and it showed 5120 steps before i left my bed room and it's only 8 steps to the kitchen, now when i looked at the tracker it showed 5123.

Doesn't it seem strange that you remember exactly what the tracker showed before all of this happened?

Not really i look at it all the time and have a picture memory, it's the only thing i do remember other than walking to the kitchen, glad i had it on cause it's the only thing that clearly showed me that i had taken steps.. What is strange is not remembering what happened when i was going to open my fridge door then suddenly happened to be standing in my bedroom with a glass of juice and no time change.

Juice or cola?

Had you taken any ambien lately?

Was cola, juice popped up on my phone's text bar while typing so used it.

Not sure what ambien is? haven't taken any drugs don't even like taking paracetamol when i can get away with it.

ambian is a prescription sleep medication...people have done weird stuff while taking it and wake up having no memory of what they did

Alright thanks for letting me know.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Odder yet, my 84 y/o mother says she can't remember if they were glasses or a monocle, but she thinks it was a monocle. Three other people in their 60s remembered a monocle. All I asked for was a description about what he looked like, and did he have any articles or accessories, such as a hat.

Everyonedies, some of the article about the doorway and forgetting makes sense. I have trouble with the brain dropping memories because you cross into another room because if suddenly shifts focus to relevance of the new room entered.

My tin foil cap is maybe a bit tight today because I think it is not just the crossing of the doorway into another room that triggers the response. I think it is more about where and when. I read this article in the Huffington Post that speaks of the veil between the spiritual realm and the Earthly realm. Many have spoken and written of the thinning and the lifting of the veil. Maybe the Celtics were on to something.

The Celtic Christians believed that there were mystical spaces, called “thin places,” where the veil between the holy and the human is traversed. A place in which the physical and spiritual worlds are knit together, and if we are so attuned, we can transcend the ordinary for a glimpse of the infinite. I’m sure you’ve been in such places jarring with kinetic energy, and simply by your presence, you are in someway changed. Thin Places are not necessarily sacred places, or peaceful places. I consider them to be places of dissonance, or transformational plateaus. The energy that flows through me is an experience that leaves my heart open — more grateful, more empathetic, and less alone. It’s a disarming feeling of being brought to your own attention, knowing that you are forever changed by the experience.

Touching the Veil of Thin Places

Fascinating stuff about the Celtic "Thin places" Veil idea, wonder if there's any truth to it?..I'm leaning towards it's possible.

Mainly cause their is plenty of things in the world we don't understand yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Can't explain it, and would rather have just ignored it some more.

BTW can the "matrix crap" I don't believe that stuff for a instant. Real life is real, real dead is dead. (just saying')

I think you are many years behind when it comes to physics. Especially Quantum Physics has come a loooong way. I have read so many books on time and dimensions and quantum stuff that I can honestly say the "matrix crap" [I guess you mean time dilations, jumps and glitches in our perception etc - as you say real is real] is nowadays theoretically very viable and there has been much research into this that you should hold your tongue before you have read anything about it.

Also the least correct statement here is 'real is real', you couldn't be further from the truth. If anything is totally unexplainable as of yet and has many physicists in awe, then it is reality.
What is reality? Reality is what your senses tell your brain. If I switched all your senses off, you cannot partake in any reality any longer as it ceases to exist for you.

This uncertainty about reality even being real, coupled with actual scientific evidence about particles that behave a certain way only when we observe them [Quantum Mechanics 101], the chances that we live in a simulation are at present more likely than reality is reality.

There are many good science books out there that are fun to read and bring you up to speed on this subject. Your opinion is one that existed last before Einstein came up with his theory of relativity, so I guess, around Victorian / early Edwardian times. Things have moved on since then.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I think you are many years behind when it comes to physics. Especially Quantum Physics has come a loooong way. I have read so many books on time and dimensions and quantum stuff that I can honestly say the "matrix crap" [I guess you mean time dilations, jumps and glitches in our perception etc - as you say real is real] is nowadays theoretically very viable and there has been much research into this that you should hold your tongue before you have read anything about it.

We determine what makes sense based on the knowledge we already possess. Since there is so much we don't know the possibilities of what is possible is endless.

One of the things that fascinates me, and proves to me the likelihood of alternate dimensions is Mandelbrot sets. A massive Ouroboros of possibilities.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join