It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Talk Show Host Michael Savage Attacked Outside Restaurant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Monger

I don't know. Ask the Weather Underground. That they weren't as successful as McVeigh wasn't because they weren't trying and didn't want to be.

Do you measure success in maimed corpses?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: D8Tee

I just called and talked to the Emergency Services Coordinator and spokeswoman for the Tiburon Police Department, Laurie Nilsen .

She informed me that the police were called out to the restaurant to break-up an altercation.

Neither person involved were hurt, nor the dog, casting doubt on the OP's source's comments, and both men, including Savage, were issued a citation. The case has been sent higher up the legal food chain for possible charges and charges are being investigated against both Savage and the other man.

The other man involved is named John Rosekrans.

They're allowed to give out that kind of information?
hmmmm
sounds shady

Yes.

Do people really not have a clue what information is available and how even the private individual can ask questions, just like any journalist?

Savage and his lawyer said no, so there is a conflict with what your saying. Savage said he doesn't know the name but you do?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

That was a cheap shot.

But looking past that, the point that the Weather Underground didn't kill anyone (other than themselves on accident) and took mesures to ensure no one was hurt, is something overlooked in conversations about them.

McVeigh feels conspiratorial to me. But thats a different topic. I mostly wanted to complain about your cheap shot.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I just called and talked to the Emergency Services Coordinator and spokeswoman for the Tiburon Police Department, Laurie Nilsen .

She informed me that the police were called out to the restaurant to break-up an altercation.

Neither person involved were hurt, nor the dog, casting doubt on the OP's source's comments, and both men, including Savage, were issued a citation. The case has been sent higher up the legal food chain for possible charges and charges are being investigated against both Savage and the other man.

hmmmm
sounds shady

Yes.

Do people really not have a clue what information is available and how even the private individual can ask questions, just like any journalist?

Well, good then on phoning in and getting the whole story.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

This is so typical of San Francisco's liberal lefttards, always beating the cr#p out of real Americans like this talk show host. I'll bet the whole thing was sanctioned by King Obama and if he's not impeached immediately, there's going to be hell to pay!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You don't feel sorry for the person,being violently attacked because of his political leanings? Would that still have been your opinion if it was a person with Leftist/liberal beliefs attacked by a conservative? Do you believe it is acceptable for Anyone to be violently physically attacked because of their politics? To you and everyone who starred your post..this is a Very slippery slope,if you condone that type of thing because the person attacked is a political/ideological foe.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Seems you do.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

You don't feel sorry for the person,being violently attacked because of his political leanings? Would that still have been your opinion if it was a person with Leftist/liberal beliefs attacked by a conservative? Do you believe it is acceptable for Anyone to be violently physically attacked because of their politics? To you and everyone who starred your post..this is a Very slippery slope,if you condone that type of thing because the person attacked is a political/ideological foe.

People are starting to confuse politics with good/evil which are usually topics best reserved for religious discussions.

It isn't quite the same thing, but political correctness has become indelibly tied up in politics in this country.

This is a long article (not by any right leaning person) about how the campus PC climate resembles a religious indoctrination process as much as anything else and what it's hallmarks are.

If anyone takes the time to read that, you can then re-examine some of the more violent behaviors and reactions we are seeing and see if there is a connection. I think there is.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Savage's lawyer was on his show last night to run through the eye witness accounts.
The man followed Savage out of the restaurant and was abusing him verbally. When Savage turned around, the man was right in his face and he says he responded by telling the guy to get lost (or words to that effect). He was the pushed to the ground.
The man, John Rosekrans, placed Savage under a citizens arrest when the police arrived, perhaps as a defence mechanism to mitigate what he had done?
I am sure all the witness statements will clear it up.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAB4754
Okay, I get. It you hate the man and his believes so you assault him. It is a understandable act of a crazed leftist. But kicking/pushing the poodle? Sounds like a animals right activist,yep yep.

It isn't okay to assault the man either.
This BS that it is okay to use physical violence to counter words that someone has said has to end.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That was a cheap shot.

But looking past that, the point that the Weather Underground didn't kill anyone (other than themselves on accident) and took mesures to ensure no one was hurt, is something overlooked in conversations about them.

McVeigh feels conspiratorial to me. But thats a different topic. I mostly wanted to complain about your cheap shot.

I agree with your post up to the point of the Weather Underground taking measures to keep people from being hurt.
If you really want to make sure that someone isn't hurt, use something other than explosives to get your point across. Risking a catastrophe by choosing to blow something up as a political statement is not a great plan, whether you are right, left or in the middle.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And I'm sure you realize, this is only going to get far, far worse.

But as bad as its getting, it will pale in comparison to the hatred and violence the US will endure after Trump is gone.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

People are starting to confuse politics with good/evil which are usually topics best reserved for religious discussions.

It isn't quite the same thing, but political correctness has become indelibly tied up in politics in this country.

This is a long article (not by any right leaning person) about how the campus PC climate resembles a religious indoctrination process as much as anything else and what it's hallmarks are.

If anyone takes the time to read that, you can then re-examine some of the more violent behaviors and reactions we are seeing and see if there is a connection. I think there is.

Great post! I read that article about 2 days ago or so.

And you are spot on correct in that the dangerous turn this has taken is that the two sides now characterize their opponents in terms of good/evil. I have already encountered this in public in the form of hateful comments directed at me simply because of my demogaphic.

People badly need to realize how much terribly worse this is going to get.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That was a cheap shot.

I agree with your post up to the point of the Weather Underground taking measures to keep people from being hurt.
If you really want to make sure that someone isn't hurt, use something other than explosives to get your point across. Risking a catastrophe by choosing to blow something up as a political statement is not a great plan, whether you are right, left or in the middle.

Not glorifying them. Just trying to give some context. Violent acts against the government and violent acts against the people are 2 wholly different animals, and speak to 2 completely different goals.

a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting viewpoint.

My choice to not continue in college wasn't due to laziness, or stupidity. It was because of a thousand little things like this. The almost forceful demanding of including yourself in the group atmosphere. You had orientations here, group meetings there, you couldn't eat in private, and shared your bathroom with 4 other dudes.

But the groups, the organizations...they put me off the most. The frats were all about paying dues so you could have access to friends. Most organizations wanted to control your thought and indoctrinate you. And quesitoning what they were doing was met with scorn and ridicule. Even the religious ones. I could sit and talk for hours about Christianity, and going to a baptist university I found no one willing really, unless they were just trying to 'save me" (i.e., win me over to their way of thinking, or not thinking as the case may be).

College turned me off. Not because of the opportunity to learn, but because of the heaping pile of baggage that the campus life carried with it. Its over socialized for my personal tastes.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You seem to be equating not losing any sleep over something with condoning it.

I don't feel bad when (using an extreme example) a child molester gets his or her ass kicked by a parent. That doesn't mean I condone the extrajudicial action, though.

Beyond that, I have a hard time buying Savage's story at face value, particularly when he and his attorney start screaming hate crime.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I didn't believe that your post glorified them. I would be very surprised to see you do that.
You are right that there is a clear (and huge) difference between what they did and what happened in Oklahoma City.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I didn't believe that your post glorified them. I would be very surprised to see you do that.
You are right that there is a clear (and huge) difference between what they did and what happened in Oklahoma City.

The outcomes, yes, but at the same time each group/person had the same motivation - to use violence against others to achieve their desired ends.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pyramid head

hmmmm
sounds shady

Yes.

Savage and his lawyer said no, so there is a conflict with what your saying. Savage said he doesn't know the name but you do?

Yes. Call the police department and talk to them. They will give you the names involved.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I'm actually surprised this didn't happen sooner, as he's an outspoken conservative in the liberal mecca of America, otherwise known as San Francisco.

Savage, with his dog, Teddy, was finishing up dinner Tuesday night at Servino Restaurant in Tiburon, California, north of San Francisco, when the unnamed assailant charged up to Savage and began yelling, reported local media blogger Rich Lieberman.

The attacker kicked the poodle out of the way, grabbed Savage and threw him to the ground, according to an eyewitness.

Savage was not seriously hurt, but the incident left him bloodied and shaken, Lieberman said.

See the Savage book collection in the WND Superstore

Savage’s attorney, Dan Horowitz, told the blogger he will seek criminal charges.

“We’re going to seek felony charges against the man, and we’re going to investigate this as a hate crime because of Michael’s political views,” Horowitz said.

In a statement to Lieberman, Savage said he was leaving the restaurant “when a total stranger followed me out of the restaurant and confronted me.”

The man said, “Are you Michael Weeeeener?” mocking the radio host’s legal name, Weiner.

Savage said: “I turned to him and said, ‘Go away, I don’t know who you are.’ I turned to leave and he pushed me and I fell down. He moved toward me to push me down and he shoved my 10-pound poodle out of the way to get to me.

This is our new world. The left is attempting to create an environment where violence and the threat of violence is a sound strategy against conservatives. There once was a time where people on both sides could disagree, shake hands and move on. That time is quickly coming to an end as conservatives are now increasingly violently targeted for daring to go against the left's narratives.

Funny!!! Funny how the left has decided (or their leaders have) that acting like the right they pretend are violent...and never are...is their new way to act. This makes the left...THEIR OWN WORST ENEMY!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

It may not be his fault he got attacked, but it certainly is is fault he got beat. He obviously needs to take up cage fighting training.

Maybe get rid of that half dog and find a real dog.

If it wasn't CA, i'd recommend a .380. If he gets beat up that easily, i doubt he could handle anything bigger.

(i almost feel guilty joking at his expense here)

It does suck that we're talking about Savage here ...

Why couldn't some idiot have picked an altercation with someone I would have felt better speaking up in defense of. Savage is unlikable at best.

Are you implying that people you don't personally like are less in need, or don't deserve protection against LIBERAL TERRORISTS?

Shame on you!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join