It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Talk Show Host Michael Savage Attacked Outside Restaurant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: introvert

That figures. It was from WND after all.

FAKE NEWS.

It's not fake. It did happen, but the sources in this case do not have their facts straight.

Most reporting on this sourced the 415 Media blog, which is hyper-partisan.

It appears WND made-up the "bloodied" aspect, so that would be "fake".
edit on 16-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The Libs are showing their true colors. They're far more violent than Conservatives.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That's true. I shouldn't use the same "Fake News" label for "Biased News" the way others use it. But it's hard to play by the rules sometimes when others don't.

They get to call anything they disagree with Fake News. So I started doing the same.

How much of a story needs to be fake before it's considered Fake news anyway???

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
The Libs are showing their true colors. They're far more violent than Conservatives.

Now that, is some fake f*cking news!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I just called and talked to the Emergency Services Coordinator and spokeswoman for the Tiburon Police Department, Laurie Nilsen .

She informed me that the police were called out to the restaurant to break-up an altercation.

Neither person involved were hurt, nor the dog, casting doubt on the OP's source's comments, and both men, including Savage, were issued a citation. The case has been sent higher up the legal food chain for possible charges and charges are being investigated against both Savage and the other man.

The other man involved is named John Rosekrans.

APPLAUSE!!!

Excellent investigative journalism!

Often things are not in the mainstream media because there is no real story. Sounds like a right wing source wanted to claim victimhood for Mr. Savage and trumped this up into a fake news story.

Thank you!!!

ETA - as you mentioned, the "fake" part was the one-sided reporting. Something between two men happened, and both were cited. That's a far cry from a "leftist" jumping an old, defenseless man and kicking his poodle...

edit on 16-3-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That's true. I shouldn't use the same "Fake News" label for "Biased News" the way others use it. But it's hard to play by the rules sometimes when others don't.

I'm not "busting your balls" over it. I completely understand. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

How much of a story needs to be fake before it's considered Fake news anyway???

I think the very basis of the premise of the story has to be fabricated for it to be fake news to me.

Kind of like the story of Hillary having a colostomy bag.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
California is not friendly to opinions not approved by the PC police. In other states the attacker may have ended up talking to Mr. Glock. We geezers are impatient and short tempered to begin with and the closer we get to the drain, the expediency of just clipping our antagonists becomes more apparent to us.

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." -- J. Steinbeck

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: introvert
I just called and talked to the Emergency Services Coordinator and spokeswoman for the Tiburon Police Department, Laurie Nilsen .

She informed me that the police were called out to the restaurant to break-up an altercation.

Neither person involved were hurt, nor the dog, casting doubt on the OP's source's comments, and both men, including Savage, were issued a citation. The case has been sent higher up the legal food chain for possible charges and charges are being investigated against both Savage and the other man.

The other man involved is named John Rosekrans.

APPLAUSE!!!

Excellent investigative journalism!

Often things are not in the mainstream media because there is no real story. Sounds like a right wing source wanted to claim victimhood for Mr. Savage and trumped this up into a fake news story.

Thank you!!!

ETA - as you mentioned, the "fake" part was the one-sided reporting. Something between two men happened, and both were cited. That's a far cry from a "leftist" jumping an old, defenseless man and kicking his poodle...

I do not understand why more people do not do the same thing more often. In many circumstances such as this, police and other officials are more than willing to talk to people and give them as much info as they possibly can. Even though we may not be accredited journalists, we are still able to call and talk to the authorities.

In this case, Ms/Mrs. Nilsen and her staff was very open and polite.

Also, they did create a press release but she said they do not have it available online.

Perhaps we should try to find as much as we can about the other man involved, John Rosekrans.
edit on 16-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Don't forget,the media is gonna associate Conservatives with the KKK, Neo Nazis and other White supremacist groups if the attackers are Conservatives.
edit on 3/16/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thats weird. Arent SF folks sposed to be all passive earth and everyone-loving hippy lbqtqcxbsj+-/ types?

Half sarc.

You know the world is becoming worse than the Middle Ages when you cannot even use sarcasm properly BC everything is all insane.

a reply to: MysticPearl

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. Gran Turino sic? Was awesome

a reply to: pteridine

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

In my ultra liberal California university (Where Black Lives Matter and other Regressive Leftist thrive), I had a professor who is although not a Trump supporter and actually hated him (Called Trump a narcissistic man baby) and also not a conspiracy theorist (Believes in climate change) acknowledged that the Liberal Coastal Elite is dangerous and that they have control of Academia.

In addition, he agrees that the New York Times is bias toward the left, that political correctness is a big issue, and that the Liberal Elites seemed to have a strong negative bias toward working class whites by calling them nascar, junk food loving rednecks.

However, he kept his mouth shut and only told me and another person this because he will lose his job if he openly expressed his views.

edit on 3/16/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yea introvert, I Was trying to find a more moderate source or local source but I couldnt, it was pretty much all right wing sites going with the 415 Media (far from unbiased) saying a lefty attacked Savage which all the right wing sites are running with. TMZ's story which was still based off of 415 Media's account did atleast say that the cops showed up and both men were released on the spot. I have to think if they believed it was an assault there would have been atleast some type of citation, which I see no evidence of here.

It wouldnt be the first time the truth was stretched

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Michael Savage is 5'4" and 74 years old, such violence is uncalled for. I hope the perpetrator is jailed for a long time.

All the people in here excusing this incident should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
Once again, if the political poles had been reversed and this was a conservative attacking a leftist, It would be covered in the Fake News™ leftist press 24/7/365 from here to eternity.

President Trump would be blamed, gun owners, Christians, straight people, White people, and everyone else who isn't in that 25% of the electorate calling itself "liberal".

But because this was a violent leftist attacking a conservative commentator, crickets...

But it wasn't. Suppose if it was a UFO?? Why can't you simply denounce this as any sane person would? Rather than spinning more "Pity us stories"?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
Yea introvert, I Was trying to find a more moderate source or local source but I couldnt, it was pretty much all right wing sites going with the 415 Media (far from unbiased) saying a lefty attacked Savage which all the right wing sites are running with. TMZ's story which was still based off of 415 Media's account did atleast say that the cops showed up and both men were released on the spot. I have to think if they believed it was an assault there would have been atleast some type of citation, which I see no evidence of here.

It wouldnt be the first time the truth was stretched

The spokeswoman that I talked to was very specific to call it an altercation and not a fight or assault. That does not mean that a physical confrontation did not occur, but we now know WND's account is false, as she said neither men were injured, and Savage may also be at fault in this case as well as he was also issued a citation.

While I cannot link to the police department's press release, as it is not posted online, I welcome anyone to call Laurie Nilsen's office and confirm what I have posted in this thread.

If anyone needs the phone number, I'll gladly post it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wait, isn't he one of those loud, tough-talking, rugged individualist Republicans??? Guess not.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Michael Savage is 5'4" and 74 years old, such violence is uncalled for. I hope the perpetrator is jailed for a long time.

All the people in here excusing this incident should be ashamed of themselves.

Who would that be? I don't see any comments that are excusing the incident. I see several that don't buy what Savage is selling, and a couple that don't really feel terrible he was in some sort of altercation that he's spinning heavily.

But I don't see anybody cheerleading.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: SBMcG

Don't forget,the media is gonna associate Conservatives with the KKK, Neo Nazis and other White supremacist groups if the attackers is Conservative .

Yep. If a leftist does something violent it's an act of "resistance". If a normal American does the same, they're "Hitler".

That's why leftism needs to continue to be so marginalized in this constitutional republic that it is finally exposed as the closet-communist Trojan Horse it truly is.
edit on 16-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has a forged birth certificate.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It sounds like LE may have issued citations for disturbing the peace (or something similar, I've only been to airports in CA) and cut everybody loose.

Low level misdemeanor for making an ass outta yourself in a restaurant sounds about right, given what you've been able to provide for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join