It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Talk Show Host Michael Savage Attacked Outside Restaurant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised this didn't happen sooner, as he's an outspoken conservative in the liberal mecca of America, otherwise known as San Francisco.

Savage, with his dog, Teddy, was finishing up dinner Tuesday night at Servino Restaurant in Tiburon, California, north of San Francisco, when the unnamed assailant charged up to Savage and began yelling, reported local media blogger Rich Lieberman.

The attacker kicked the poodle out of the way, grabbed Savage and threw him to the ground, according to an eyewitness.

Savage was not seriously hurt, but the incident left him bloodied and shaken, Lieberman said.

See the Savage book collection in the WND Superstore

Savage’s attorney, Dan Horowitz, told the blogger he will seek criminal charges.

“We’re going to seek felony charges against the man, and we’re going to investigate this as a hate crime because of Michael’s political views,” Horowitz said.

In a statement to Lieberman, Savage said he was leaving the restaurant “when a total stranger followed me out of the restaurant and confronted me.”

The man said, “Are you Michael Weeeeener?” mocking the radio host’s legal name, Weiner.

Savage said: “I turned to him and said, ‘Go away, I don’t know who you are.’ I turned to leave and he pushed me and I fell down. He moved toward me to push me down and he shoved my 10-pound poodle out of the way to get to me.

This is our new world. The left is attempting to create an environment where violence and the threat of violence is a sound strategy against conservatives. There once was a time where people on both sides could disagree, shake hands and move on. That time is quickly coming to an end as conservatives are now increasingly violently targeted for daring to go against the left's narratives.
edit on 16-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Well didn't UC Berkeley which is close to San Fran, had a riot caused by the regressive leftists last month ?
edit on 3/16/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Its noticed, but in a day when wearing a HAT ( the maga hat things.) can get people to stomp you on the ground... Id say that folks should start fighting back. Vigorously. I do find it pretty telling they seem to attack only older folks, lone folks, women, and when in a group they go animal. NO ONE should be harmed for their political leanings.. even if theyre dopes. No one needs to take it, either. FIGHT BACK..

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

How is the poodle?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Okay, I get. It you hate the man and his believes so you assault him. It is a understandable act of a crazed leftist. But kicking/pushing the poodle? Sounds like a animals right activist,yep yep.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That right there is a good reason why you should get a german shepherd instead of a poodle. German shepherds rip any attackers to shreds. Btw i hate animal cruelty and i hope the idiot gets some extra charges because of that alone.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Having political views is now a protected class and warrants trying to label something a hate crime?

My god.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the dog.

That's about it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Penal Code 240 PC simple assault is a misdemeanor in California law. The penalties for California assault in most cases include a fine of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) and/or up to six (6) months in county jail.

link   
Nice to see free speech is still tolerated in the U.S.

I accept we live in a P.C World which has gone mad (and no, smart arses, I don't mean the Multi-National Computer store). However, most outlandish remarks are usually dealt with by a referral to an Equal Oppoortuities/Diversity programme here.

You know, re-programming. "Fall in line please old chap, it's the British way, don't you know?"

link   
Sounds like Savage needs a better dog.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

That's about it.

Well, it WAS a poodle.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Michael Savage is 5'4" and 74 years old, such violence is uncalled for. I hope the perpetrator is jailed for a long time.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Once again, if the political poles had been reversed and this was a conservative attacking a leftist, It would be covered in the Fake News™ leftist press 24/7/365 from here to eternity.

President Trump would be blamed, gun owners, Christians, straight people, White people, and everyone else who isn't in that 25% of the electorate calling itself "liberal".

But because this was a violent leftist attacking a conservative commentator, crickets...

edit on 16-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has a forged birth certificate.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

First of all I don't think Political Affiliation is a protected group that hate crimes fall under.

Second, why is it that when 1 guy attacks a conservative it's the Left creating violence. But when a conservative does it it's just one lone crazy guy???

In other words your bias is showing.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

That's about it.

There's likely need. I suspect the dog is fine, as they can't seem to decide whether the dog was pushed or kicked.

I suspect it was probably neither, and this story has quite a bit of editorial license in it. Kinda like the fella from InfoWars that is claiming somebody tried to whack him in a car accident but he's giving an on camera interview an hour later and is completely fine.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: Louise said to add a qualifier

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I just called and talked to the Emergency Services Coordinator and spokeswoman for the Tiburon Police Department, Laurie Nilsen .

She informed me that the police were called out to the restaurant to break-up an altercation.

Neither person involved were hurt, nor the dog, casting doubt on the OP's source's comments, and both men, including Savage, were issued a citation. The case has been sent higher up the legal food chain for possible charges and charges are being investigated against both Savage and the other man.

The other man involved is named John Rosekrans.
edit on 16-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2017 by introvert because: sorry for the edits

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Poodles are actually pretty vicious dogs believe it or not.

They have a much higher rate of attacks than most people know and they can get big too.

This one was apparently only ten pounds but you'd be surprised how mean a poodle can be.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
This is our new world. The left is attempting to create an environment where violence and the threat of violence is a sound strategy against conservatives. There once was a time where people on both sides could disagree, shake hands and move on. That time is quickly coming to an end as conservatives are now increasingly violently targeted for daring to go against the left's narratives.

Sounds like right wing hyperbole.

If you are going to go down this path just remember to be fair and balanced:

1. A study by a University of California, Davis professor found “evidence of a significant bias in the killing of unarmed black Americans relative to unarmed white Americans, in that the probability of being black, unarmed, and shot by police is about 3.49 times the probability of being white, unarmed, and shot by police on average.” Additionally, the analysis found that “there is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates.”

2. An independent analysis of Washington Post data on police killings found that, “when factoring in threat level, black Americans who are fatally shot by police are, in fact, less likely to be posing an imminent lethal threat to the officers at the moment they are killed than white Americans fatally shot by police.” According to one of the report’s authors, “The only thing that was significant in predicting whether someone shot and killed by police was unarmed was whether or not they were black. . . . Crime variables did not matter in terms of predicting whether the person killed was unarmed.”

3. An analysis of the use of lethal force by police in 2015 found no correlation between the level of violent crime in an area and that area’s police killing rates. That finding, by the Black Lives Matter–affiliated group Mapping Police Violence, disputes the idea that police only kill people when operating under intense conditions in high-crime areas. Mapping Police Violence found that fewer than one in three black people killed by police in 2016 were suspected of a violent crime or armed.

HOW POLICE DETERMINE WHOM TO STOP
4. A report by retired federal and state judges tasked by the San Francisco district attorney’s office to examine police practices in San Francisco found “racial disparities regarding S.F.P.D. stops, searches, and arrests, particularly for Black people.” The judges, working with experts from five law schools, including Stanford Law School, found that “the disparity gap in arrests was found to have been increasing in San Francisco.” (Officers in San Francisco were previously revealed to have traded racist and homophobic text messages, and those working in the prison system had reportedly staged and placed bets on inmate fights.)

In San Francisco, “although Black people accounted for less than 15 percent of all stops in 2015, they accounted for over 42 percent of all non-consent searches following stops.” This proved unwarranted: “Of all people searched without consent, Black and Hispanic people had the lowest ‘hit rates’ (i.e., the lowest rate of contraband recovered).” In 2015, whites searched without consent were found to be carrying contraband at nearly two times the rate as blacks who were searched without consent.

5. The Department of Justice’s investigation into the behavior of police in Ferguson, Missouri, found “a pattern or practice of unlawful conduct within the Ferguson Police Department that violates the First, Fourth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution, and federal statutory law.” The scathing report found that the department was targeting black residents and treating them as revenue streams for the city by striving to continually increase the money brought in through fees and fines. “Officers expect and demand compliance even when they lack legal authority,” the report’s authors wrote. “They are inclined to interpret the exercise of free-speech rights as unlawful disobedience, innocent movements as physical threats, indications of mental or physical illness as belligerence.”

“African Americans are more than twice as likely as white drivers to be searched during vehicle stops even after controlling for non-race based variables such as the reason the vehicle stop was initiated, but are found in possession of contraband 26% less often than white drivers, suggesting officers are impermissibly considering race as a factor when determining whether to search,” the authors wrote. Nearly 90 percent of documented uses of force by the Ferguson Police Department were used on African-Americans, and every documented use of a police canine bite involved African-Americans.

6. In Chicago, a 2016 Police Accountability Task Force report found that “black and Hispanic drivers were searched approximately four times as often as white drivers, yet [the Chicago Police Department’s] own data show that contraband was found on white drivers twice as often as black and Hispanic drivers.” The police department’s own data, the report found, “gives validity to the widely held belief the police have no regard for the sanctity of life when it comes to people of color.”

7. A 2014 analysis of Illinois Department of Transportation data by the American Civil Liberties Union found the following: “African American and Latino drivers are nearly twice as likely as white drivers to be asked during a routine traffic stop for ‘consent’ to have their car searched. Yet white motorists are 49% more likely than African American motorists to have contraband discovered during a consent search by law enforcement, and 56% more likely when compared to Latinos.”

8. A 2015 analysis by The New York Times found that in Greensboro, North Carolina, police officers “used their discretion to search black drivers or their cars more than twice as often as white motorists—even though they found drugs and weapons significantly more often when the driver was white.” That pattern held true for police departments in four states. In Greensboro, “officers were more likely to stop black drivers for no discernible reason. And they were more likely to use force if the driver was black, even when they did not encounter physical resistance.”

9. A 2013 ruling by a New York Federal District Court judge found that the New York Police Department’s “stop and frisk” practices violated the constitutional rights of minority citizens of the city. Between January 2004 and June 2012, the city conducted 4.4 million stops. Eighty-eight percent of those stops resulted in no further action, and 83 percent of the stopped population were black or Hispanic, despite the fact that those minority groups, together, made up just over half of the city’s overall population. (The number of stop-and-frisk stops has dropped dramatically since its peak in 2011.)

10. A 2011 investigation by the Justice Department found that the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, headed by Joe Arpaio, had “a pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos,” and that the office also tried to interfere with the department’s investigation. The sheriff’s office “engages in racial profiling of Latinos; unlawfully stops, detains, and arrests Latinos; and unlawfully retaliates against individuals who complain about or criticize

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That figures. It was from WND after all.

FAKE NEWS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join