It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linda Moulton Howe - Update

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bumping for later. I think I can decide on my own if this is a hoax or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LiberateEarth

Hey LiberateEarth, Not sure if you're still following this.
Weird. I logged off for a few days because just minutes after my last posting on this thread, my computer got attacked. Hmmmm.
Just now checking in again after taking protective measures. -- Followed your last post -- Why would your question about LMH just be blocked like that? Who thinks this topic is too hot?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Howe has the courage and the drive to investigate scary and mysterious goings on in the universe.

It's too much for some.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Linda Moulton Howe Full of #?

Noschway!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Linda Moulton Howe Full of #?

Noschway!

No wai!

I wanted to buy some parts and metal from the Roswell ship from her, was hoping she was still selling em.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Why is Linda Moulton Howe in the HOAX bin?

What has happened to ATS?

SMH

STM

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Just went to her site and I see that she'll be on CoasttoCoast for three hours this Thursday night. Yay!

STM

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Uhh. Because she is full of crap! Have you been reading her stories?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
here ya go,

Comment by Colin Andrews:
I am aware of several other important cases involving the UFO and crop circle subjects in which Linda Moulton Howe has been informed of vital facts which she has chosen to ignore in favour of telling the stories as pumped up inaccuracies, which is fine for show biz, and her regular radio programs but does nothing to enhance the professionalism surrounding these subjects nor most importantly the truth.
Prof. A.J. Gevaerd, the well known and highly respected researcher from Brazil tried to tell her what he knew about a hoaxed abduction claim in that country but she ignored his vital information (Open letter HERE).
I am also aware of several cases where those who have made certain crop circles and have admitted this to her, one which she claims formed in front of her as she watched from a nearby hill. She again chose not to accept the rational truth in favour of the irrational magic. That said her early work into cattle mutilations was well done. I agree with George Wingfield, that we expect a much higher standard from such prominent researchers as Linda Moulton-Howe.
Carrots & Crop Circles

there is even a group photo of her with these two men and none other than greer in the link above.

and here is the open letter mentioned in the article,

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:04:36 -0300
Fwd Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:39:35 -0400
Subject: The Last Open Letter To Linda Moulton Howe

To the International UFO Community:
To: Linda Moulton Howe

I have just visited Linda Moulton Howe's website: www.earthfiles.com and I noticed that she really has no limits to her absurd campaign of promoting the biggest Brazilian UFO fraud ever, the fabricated abduction of Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira. It is a sad thing. I reached to that conclusion by observing her conduct towards this case today, as did many members of the international UFO community, who sent me e-mail messages. In face of that, up to this point, when nearly everything was tried to show her how poor her investigationis is over that case and how deceiving are her reports, I just give up helping her to see what she refuses to see and tell her what she refuses to hear. It seems just useless and a waste of my time to show to this "investigative reporter" the very single points that she entirely missed when she started this campaign, that she calls an investigation. I don't know what motivates Linda Moulton Howe to keep this up and the risk to her credibility and reputation is all hers.

Brazilian UFO Magazine
PS.: I obviously won't comment about other absurdities published by Linda Moulton Howe in her report today, either coming from her or from her interviewee, Felipe Castelo Branco. Her word means very little to me to this point and his word, as Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira's partner in the outrageous scam, never meant anything at all.

The Last Open Letter To Linda Moulton Howe

so keep on sucking up the kool aid people like howe and greer serve and are in it just for the cash, and being deceived because you want to believe. which believing is fine, but if you don't have discernment or ignore what is repeated about someone from sources that are just as credible or even more credible without checking it out, is just blind faith and does not promote serious study of the field.

edit on 29-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: there's a reason greer says you have to have soft eye, because if you look to hard you see the BullSh@@.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
here's even more,

Just exactly how does an investigative journalist conduct an investigation without investigating the facts? Maybe we should ask Linda Howe. The one time pillar of scientific UFO research seems to have fallen straight off the cracker truck within the last few years, plunging head first from forward fact-based journalist to what some call a sensationalistic hocus pocus promoter who supports cases that appear to fit her views and beliefs of the government having knowledge of extraterrestrial visitation.
Aliens Abducted My Common Sense

all external text quotes come from the one above,click the links in blue.

here's one from there about the roswell metal,

After seeing the above, ufowatchdog.com just wants to remind folks of a little known scientific report compiled at the request of Linda Howe. In the report seen below, scientific technologist Nicholas A. Reiter examined the alleged UFO crash debris, he also successfully replicated the metal and presented Howe with a sample. ufowatchdog.com was told by Reiter that Howe reportedly scoffed at the results of the report because the replicated material was not 100% "exactly" like the alleged UFO crash debris Howe has been advertising as being mysterious. Reiter stated in a letter to ufowatchdog.com, " [Linda's] opinion was that what I had offered had no resemblance to her sample. But she never did make any detailed and accurate reference to it either."
Is Alleged UFO Crash Site all it's Cracked Up to be?

Howe interviewed one Scott Van Arsdale, a Wildlife Technician with the Bureau of Wildlife for the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. During the interview, Howe appeared to make every attempt to find something extraordinary or unexplainable about the incident. In the end, Van Arsdale simply told Howe, "How it got up in the tree is another story and I think Ward Stone (the pathologist) and myself believe that somebody put it, some human, put it up there. We're reasonably sure of that." Top that off with the conclusion from the pathologist that "a three-blade broad head arrow" was the type of arrow used in killing the deer and the fact that it would not be difficult to drag the animal up the tree with a rope, and what you're left with is a very plausible explanation of the event. But plausibility and reasonable evidence just doesn't suit everyone.
Turning an Explainable Event into an Encounter with the Unknown

and here is one of the best, anyone rember J-Rod.

Most recently, Howe was quite taken with the tale of Dan Burisch, the man claiming to be a microbiologist working on a top secret black ops military project involving an alien named J-Rod. Howe wrote several stories for her website about Burisch, personally interviewed Burisch, and made appearances on radio shows addressing the claims of Burisch as being factual, even referring to Burisch as a 'doctor' and 'government whistleblower'.
In a radio interview, Howe was asked if she had verified the background claims of Burisch, specifically Burisch's alleged education. Howe responded by saying she didn't need to see such proof because she believed Burisch was telling the truth due to his sincerity. Well, now everyone knows Burisch's story is an absurd work of bad fiction after the tale was exposed by UFO Magazine. Howe failed to return multiple calls for comment on the findings of UFO Magazine according to its publisher.
How do you make a proclamation without having any hard supporting data? Since when do we substitute sincerity for solid evidence? Some people said Lee Shargel was sincere. Taking sincerity on its face value and having a blatant disregard for the facts or investigation of facts is becoming an all too often favorite past time of those who dare associate their name with the title investigative journalist in the UFO field, let alone those claiming to be UFO researchers/investigators.

and the J-Rod story,

Well, if this is supposed to be proof of Burisch's contact with an alien, then a lot of people are in for a major disappointment: The photo below made the rounds on the Internet during January 2000 and caused quite a stir, if not some heated debate. That was until it was discovered the alleged alien was the work of FX Masters.com, a website formerly dedicated to the art of special effects. You can view a page from the website showing a picture of the alien and a description stored at Archive.org by clicking here. Below is a copy of the original photo circulated by Russell Dowden of the now defunct setlab.org. Dowden was the person who had originally made the photo public via his website after anonymously receiving it. Dowden was on Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell after the photo was first received. Word quickly spread of the bogus photo and many websites, including Whitley Streiber's, posted stories about the photo not being legitimate. The photo was well known among UFOlogy to be fake...or so all thought.
Alleged Photo of J-Rod Alien is a Special Effects Hoax

well, i have done my part in leading the willfully ignorant from the poisoned kool aid filled coolers, encouraging them not to drink. now lets see if they want to believe and return to their poison or if they believe me and what others have say about this flim flam woman.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

They sure are going out of their way to trash LMH who doesn't agree with their views. And how do you know this isn't disinfo from them? I thought this was a conspiracy site, right? Or is that not allowed anymore, no alternative views, ever. So anytime an article is posted by LMH in YOUR view it should be in the hoax bin. So I guess the majority of the Aliens & UFO forum should be put in HOAX as well as The Gray Area as well as Skunkworks 'cause I'm sure you don't agree with them either. Gee, let's just make all of ATS about politics, nothing else allowed and no views that deviate from YOUR view allowed.

No need to censor every thought, word and deed. No need to put everything that you disagree with in the HOAX bin. Just don't click on the thread.

I'm so close to just giving up on ATS.

STM

Cats & Dogs

edit on 29-3-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

when a researcher calls a story truth when multiple people say is a hoax that they admit to doing, or perpetrated by a known hoaxer just so they can print it on their web site or in a book,and not disclosing that she was told such. in my book that person is a fraud.

when a person is known for supporting hoaxes after being given evidence by the the people that perpetrated said hoax, every thing that person does should be seen as a fairy tale, and not worthy of serious discussion. nothing gray about what lengths that person will go to generate bucks for themselves.

i see you prefer the poisonous kool aid.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I prefer Pinot Grigio tbh.

This is clearly an attack by skeptics or disinfo while the field is quiet. Take down one after the other based on a few words denying the truth of it. Wonder why they did that? Did LMH refuse to include them in her investigations, refused to give them mordida? Did someone offer them an "incentive" to deny what they had previously said? I heard most of these reports live with Art Bell and Noory and your little hit pieces that you've gathered, in a court of law would boil down to their word against her's and several others that are with her during these occurrences. It looks to me imho to be disinfo with some money thrown around to bring her down. Wonder what she's found that they are not wanting her to report on? And when she does anyway they can just say, HOAX.

STM

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

What? Did you even read those quotes or are YOU spreading disinformation and lies?

Some of those quotes he is posting is not from skeptics!

The very people who created the crop circles told her they created them and she dismissed them and said they were real anyways!

Why are you on such a defensive mission to defend a known fraudster and liar?

She did some great hit pieces long ago, then she sold her name and saw the money she could get by roping in gullible people like a used car salesman and started raking it in.

You did not even read anything that was just posted, I can see that very well, maybe since you have seen too much in your life you can't be assed to read anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Yes, Newbie, I read them. I've also met with her several times. Here's a strong possibility about your quotes that you are depending on for your case against her. When a person writes a book and does interviews using your name many years after the fact (even though you gave permission at the time) you reapproach her and ask for money or you'll deny it ever happened. And that's just one scenario. The disinfo one is much more interesting imho. If you were serious you'd wait to see what she has to say about it.

Real life happens,

STM

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Linda Moulton Howe does not claim to have all the answers. None of us do.

I respect her dedication to trying to find the answers and putting the information out there. To paint her efforts with a black out hoax stamp is small minded.

We all have so much to learn --- we must be able to share this conflicting strange information without tearing eachother down in the process.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

so pointing out 7 instances of fraud is a hit piece and not showing a pattern of of intent to deceive for profit.
man must be nice to live in la la land.

what do you think about her refusal to except that a trained wildlife technician, and trained pathologist findings that the deer was killed by a hunter using a bow and even gave a description of the wound which matches a known arrow type.
then goes on to say in face of this evidence and insinuate that it was bigfoot and aliens working togather that hung the deer in the tree. please.

noory, bell,howe, greer and countless others are in the field for one thing and one thing only, to try and fleece the gullible out of their hard earned cash.
keep swigging on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join