It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Model Dies During Photoshoot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Such a sad and tragic story, I dont unerstand was there no people stationed further up the tracks for early warning, surely train times had been checked

My words of condolence seem so light in this event, an unborn baby, a soon to be mother and a devestated father, RIP

www.bbc.co.uk...

Peace N-joi

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Which is why, when you are trespassing on railroad property, you should always assume a train is coming.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Surely the UK mole people could have warned her. Bastards.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I did not read about the trespassing (not in link i provided), i assumed she was working for a model agency who should have OK'd the event prior, surely

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Unless they had permission, which most railroads due not give due to insurance purposes, it was trespassing. I am leaning towards that because if they did grant permission they would have not been running trains or had a crew flagging the shoot to prevent an accident.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Happened in Texas.
Tragic...the photographer may be culpable

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't understand how she and her photographer couldn't perceive a train coming?

Never the less, a sad tale. RIP

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

How anyone gets killed by being hit by a train is beyond me. I'm reminded of that scene from Austin Powers with the steam roller.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

She was only 19, same age as my son

He works with me and I know the protective eye I have over him is as strong as my safety instructions.
When he works for other people I expect them to have the same duty of care for him as a 19 year old.
Tragic story, sounds like it was avoidable.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It is tragic. I can be a an insensitive clod at times.

I'm surprised they didn't feel the tracks vibrations. From either train.

Don't play on the tracks kids.....

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Sounds like you grew up playing on train tracks like me. That tss tss sound indicating move quick. I'm guessing the poor girl didn't.
My son wouldn't know the sound either but if we were working on tracks I'd have told him all serious about the sounds and safety rules.

I shake my head that safety wasn't sewn up completely when working with a young adult...and feel sad for the family.

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i find it inconceivable that someone would even have to be warned of the dangers a train can pose if your an adult. its a giant chunk of steel moving at speed. if you dont know its dangerous then darwin has an award for you. i feel bad for the crew of the train who were just trying to go about their jobs and had to suffer through the trauma of this cause of someones stupidity. maybe a bit harsh but im just sick and tired of people doing stupid illegal things and paying the price and were supposed to feel bad for them and give money for their gofundme.
edit on 16-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I should have put this in OP, from link provided

"According to figures from the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), 813 people were killed on railways in America in 2016."

I guess when you consider the size of the USA thats quite small (thankfully), thus something must have happenend during this event regarding safety.

I work in construction (building) and supervise over apprentice joiners, accidents CAN be avoided

Peace N-joi

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How do you not move out the way of the train!?

They were both facing opposite ways!? Is this not a suicide then? I just don't get how they wouldn't hear or see a big train coming towards them, especially if the horn was sounded? Something can't be right about this? Surely.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'd be interested in seeing what the toxicology reports would say on both model and photographer.

I know anyone can get wrapped up in what their doing, but a train is a very hard thing to ignore.

It is almost as if they didn't realize they were ON the railroad tracks, like some how they had wandered.

Very sad, very unfortunate.... very avoidable with just a little bit of situational awareness.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow she went from hot to room temperature quick.(black humor) I also do not see how you miss a train coming. Maybe she was not as happy as she made out to be.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Her failure to see the train could be the fault of the employer.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's not that she failed to see the train. She failed to see the OTHER train coming in the opposite direction.

"Thompson was standing between two sets of tracks Friday in Navasota when a BNSF Railway train approached, according to the paper. She moved out of the way, but was apparently unaware that a Union Pacific train was coming in the opposite direction." LINK

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
as foolish as it was, I still have deep sorrow for her, and the babies family and everyone who knew and loved them

-Alee

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I've played around as a kid around the local train station and have sat under the rails as trains have gone over your head (probably a WW2 thing as there are pillar boxes etc around)

You can tell from miles around when a trains coming if you pop an ear to the rail and generally the tracks only about 3 ft wide so you should be able in 2-3 steps avoid a train taking seconds as even if you are looking the wrong way the camera operator will be looking the right way.

Shame but if you'd of done it on a major road and got rolled over by a truck would the same be said?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join