It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Side with Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The contribution of the Soviet Union to the Chinese Nationalists, who were actively battling the Chinese Communists, was large and sustained. While it might have been ideologically unexpected, it fit in with Josef Stalin’s desire to most effectively check Japanese designs on the USSR.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have no idea what you are trying to tell me here and why it relates to what I've been expressing in this thread. Where did I ever dispute Russia's contributions to the WWII war effort?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: ADUB77
Mao wasn't influenced by the NSDAP he was influenced by freaking Stalin and his Communist ideology."

So how does that fit into your "picture"?

The contribution of the Soviet Union to the Chinese Nationalists, who were actively battling the Chinese Communists, was large and sustained. While it might have been ideologically unexpected, it fit in with Josef Stalin’s desire to most effectively check Japanese designs on the USSR.
edit on 16-3-2017 by ADUB77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Wait...Who are the good guys in all this, I can't seem to figure it out?

Those that refuse to join either side.

By either, I mean the two sides Bush proposed...
The third alternative is not playing the game. For instance, not defending the flag, and not burning it either. Because either way you play into their hands.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I have no idea what you are trying to tell me here and why it relates to what I've been expressing in this thread. Where did I ever dispute Russia's contributions to the WWII war effort?

So now feigning ignorance...

So are you just going to gloss over the millions of people that Stalin killed and how Putin disappears political dissidents?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Oh dude..., Putin is a bad, bad, guy. The only thing that keeps him from going full-on Hitler right now is the threat of American might and not wanting to piss off President Trump.

And you're vastly over-stating Soviet losses in WWII, BTW. Sov' military losses were something on the order of 9 - 11 million. Civilian losses are unknown, but to say they were "50 million" at a time when the population of the entire nation was about 110 million is simply not correct.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

What does Stalin sending millions of political dissidents to die in the gulags have to do with the Soviet war effort in WWII?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have travelled all across America but not to the degree that I will be soon. I would advise every American that if you want things to be go well for you, you listen to some of the things Trump is talking about

Bring back your jobs (I work in a unionized steel mill)
Stop spending on foreign aid
Lower taxes
Be CORDIAL in talks with Russia
Stop illegal trade with China

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What's illegal about trading with China?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Let's just use steel commodity as the example

Last week 40 steel workers were killed when a ladle tipped over and poured into their lunchroom

All that was left was a 2 feet solid square of steel

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Furthermore, when that i beam from China that gives you the open concept "feel" was not scanned for radiation and it is in fact what gave you cancer

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77

Furthermore, when that i beam from China that gives you the open concept "feel" was not scanned for radiation and it is in fact what gave you cancer

This is a word salad if I ever saw one...

link   

And when they travel in the massive ships across the oceans, through the st.lawrence, into the Great Lakes, dump their disgusting barges, and their disgusting radioactive lead filled steel made from slave labour

link   

Although many disagree with some of the actions the Russians have taken in recent years, myself included, I stand with Russia no matter what.

My reasons are simple really, 50 million soviets gave up their lives to stop the Real Nazi Germany. So much debate could be had about ww2 but the fact is Russia played its part in helping us win the war.

Secondly, do a little research into Mao and when and where he went to school and also into how many chineses starved to death (current pop. of Canada) in order to install his Nazi influenced ideas. This is why "one China" is a joke because the real China was displaced to Taiwan.

So in conclusion, simple logic says Russia has sacrificed a lot, calling Putin "Hitler" is actually a massive insult because of the sacrifices made in ww2, and having Russia and China against us is of a good idea unless you want the video game "fallout" to become reality

The Russians invented a term term to describe this sort of mentality: 'полезный дурак.' In English that means 'useful idiot.'

link   

Let's just use steel commodity as the example

Last week 40 steel workers were killed when a ladle tipped over and poured into their lunchroom

All that was left was a 2 feet solid square of steel

And? How does that make trading with China illegal?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And when they travel in the massive ships across the oceans, through the st.lawrence, into the Great Lakes, dump their disgusting barges, and their disgusting radioactive lead filled steel made from slave labour

Proof?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

And when the 407 (major highway infrastructure project) is not made with a drop of Canadian or American steel because these 3rd would countries who don't follow the rules while we agreed to carbon taxes, GTFO

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Proof?

Go down to the Oshawa harbour outside Toronto for your proof...theirs more rusted steel down there then you can imagine

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

And when the 407 (major highway infrastructure project) is not made with a drop of Canadian or American steel because these 3rd would countries who don't follow the rules while we agreed to carbon taxes, GTFO

How does that make trading with China illegal? Do you know what the word "illegal" means?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So are you just going to gloss over the millions of people that Stalin killed and how Putin disappears political dissidents? You are free to defend Russia any way you want, but your reasoning is AWFULLY revisionist in nature.

Interesting: Stalin killed millions, Mao killed millions, Hitler killed millions.....funny how no one ever points out that the Catholic Church killed millions also. I just want to make sure that when the revisionist history argument gets going that we have a clear appreciation of how morality subjective opinions of who is good or bad are formulated. BTW a huge percentage of the estimated 50 million killed by the church during it's history were Protestant.

I am not a fan of any despot, democratically elected or anointed.....evil is evil.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join