It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's America is this what you really want?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Yes we do. Example: 7 New Smart Transport Buses....seniors pay $1-one way...drivers and office personel get paid decent hourly, aprox 20+ employees in that dept alone...all hourly wage x 5 days a week...from the feds in this community organization, plus many other programs subsidized by the fed.

Just with that at $1 a ride-one way times 20-30 seniors 5 days a week? Is nothing...all expenses otherwise is government funding....

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Ummmm, how exactly is he going to do that?...

Please be clearer than he was about it as he made absolutely sense regarding his "millions and millions of jobs" promises.

He made promises and hasn't done anything but claim to be trying to fulfill them unsuccessfully because he and his admin are just kinda daft and incompetent.

If there are bazillions of jobs falling out of anyone's ass, they won't pay enough to get by anyway.

Trump is a #ing liar and a fool like those who voted for him.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Evidence suggests that more people were in favour of Trump's America than were in favour of Hilary's America.

Evidence actually suggests that you are wrong since Trump lost the popular vote.

Do you feel better for knowing and saying that?

Were you similarly offended by the claim that more people voted for Trump than Clinton?

Or do you just find the rebuttal of that claim to be offensive?

I wasn't offended. Well done for helping to prove the adage regarding assumption.

And a hearty well done to you for missing the sarcasm.

You're really on fire, proving the other adage about sarcasm being lowest form of wit. Two for two.

And you're really consistent with your monumental lack of contribution to the thread. Keep it up, you'll get a star soon!

ETA - you left out the part about it also being the highest form of intelligence. I'm sure that just slipped your mind though

edit on 16-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The new Trump budget has eliminated all funding for the Meals on Wheels program in favor of increase defense spending. There will be consequences to eliminating social safety nets. People are going to die as result of these budget cuts. I know a lot a hole Republicans will say eff em. And they will say they don't deserve to live if they can't get their own food. When we get to this level of budget cutting just what exactly is our military defending because it's NOT the American people. These public policy choices have direct consequences and will force people to live in poverty and squalor.

I get it that people make bad choices and should suffer for it. It just seems to me this country is only as great as the weakest people living among us. We need to get back to a more favorable view of building a commonwealth for ALL to share and how that translates into public policy. Everyone agrees corruption in government is a bad thing. But not having any government, that is, anarchy will have its consequences that will also cost just as much if not more.

Is this the America you want to live in? One thing is having a bleeding heart. It's another thing not to have any heart whatsoever. Please explain why you think Trump is great and why this is a good public policy?

www.cnn.com...

Yes this is exactly the kind of America I want to live in. In my community we just passed a 5 year tax levi that covers things like meals on wheels. We don't want the government telling us what to do but we want them to support us? Don't you understand that the more you rely on the government the more control they have over you?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As per the link,
"The government of San Jose, California, spends federal CDBG funds on homeless outreach, resolving “slum and blight” and other community development needs.
"In a statement issued before Trump’s budget blueprint was released, the city said it expected to receive more than $2.5 million in funding for the 2016-2017 fiscal year. It planned to spend $100,650 of that on Meals on Wheels."
Other expenditures included legal aid, senior assistance, literacy programs and home repair for the poor.

That's the expectancy of San Hose for this year, so you could approximate meals on wheels to a little over 4% of the gross figure. So if anything it will be the other just as important projects that will be hit that much harder if there is no other sources for funding, while meals on wheels is mainly funded from other sources, (84%) is the given figure.
That community funding overall is not even in the same ballpark as military funding...so much of it R and D alone, so I guess that the scraping will aid something else, maybe pay a small army of wall builders for a while.

For the cretins here who hold that chanting raise me up will perform miracles...and save 'their' money as well, get a life, it doesn't work that way....maybe start helping those not as priviledged as themselves even.
You never know, it might save you having to step over them coming out of the Opera.

edit on 16-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

a reply to: Irishhaf

So how about decommissioning the old stuff and using the newly available funds not spent on maintenance and upkeep go to buying new equipment? As it stands I see very little reason why the military's budget should be increased. ESPECIALLY if we aren't intending to fight any wars in the meantime.

There is nothing to replace them... the new bombers, the new refuelers should have been started 10+ years ago, instead they kicked the can down the road and now they are trying to rush them to the finish line.... also new large multi-jet engine aircraft are not cheap.

Well then the military should be prepared to make cuts elsewhere. I hear Pentagon keeps telling Congress not to buy any more tanks. Sounds like a good place to start to me.

And we are back to the crux of the problem in the USA... not the president, not the vice president...

Congress.. both parties... they know what needs to be done but darn few are willing to even risk upsetting the money making apple cart... cant cut this system that would cost jobs in bobs sector then he might try to take jobs from sue... All they care about is power and wealth... BOTH parties. Otherwise we would have seen change when either party had the majority of the power in DC.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yes we do. Example: 7 New Smart Transport Buses....seniors pay $1-one way...drivers and office personel get paid decent hourly, aprox 20+ employees in that dept alone...all hourly wage x 5 days a week...from the feds in this community organization, plus many other programs subsidized by the fed.

Just with that at $1 a ride-one way times 20-30 seniors 5 days a week? Is nothing...all expenses otherwise is government funding....

Well if it's nothing, then the state it's in can pick up its funding, right?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

San Jose is in defiance of immigration policy.

They and other cities like them were warned what could happen if they didn't cooperate.
edit on 16-3-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

originally posted by: MisterSpock
"It just seems to me this country is only as great as the weakest people living among us."

Great line, and it cuts right to the root of the problem.

Liberalism has drug us down so far, for awhile there it looked like this country had no future.

I hope we can break the mindset, and raise these weaker individuals up and in doing so make this country better.

So it's because of liberalism that we have a wrecked economoy? What about the homeless population, did liberalism cause that? How about the #ty for profit 'health care' for Americans? I suppose liberalism is the cause for that too? Did librealism create for profit incarceration?

I hope we can break the mindset...

No you don't, you're too distracted with petty bs. You've been consistently getting #ed without the vasaline despite who's 'party' is running the show.

YES it is indeed because of liberalism and liberal agendas of the failed Obama administration that we have a weakened almost destroyed economy. And liberals created the Obamacare abortion all 100 percent based on LIES. Everything within Obamacare was a lie. As soon as you face reality things will look brighter for you, but as long as you keep embracing liberalism and discover why it is a false system and that you are only being used for your vote, you will keep hating the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Evidence suggests that more people were in favour of Trump's America than were in favour of Hilary's America.

Evidence actually suggests that you are wrong since Trump lost the popular vote.

Do you feel better for knowing and saying that?

Were you similarly offended by the claim that more people voted for Trump than Clinton?

Or do you just find the rebuttal of that claim to be offensive?

I wasn't offended. Well done for helping to prove the adage regarding assumption.

And a hearty well done to you for missing the sarcasm.

You're really on fire, proving the other adage about sarcasm being lowest form of wit. Two for two.

And you're really consistent with your monumental lack of contribution to the thread. Keep it up, you'll get a star soon!

ETA - you left out the part about it also being the highest form of intelligence. I'm sure that just slipped your mind though

I intentionally left it out. I wouldn't want you to think I was hitting on you.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
Maybe churches and communities should do that instead of the federal government.

That was the idea of the Church® being "tax exempt" that they were providing for the 'less fortunate'. Now the 'Gov®' has taken over the care of the 'less fortunate' all the while 'The Church®' continues to enjoy the tax-free ride..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Maybe people have been forced into a choice by gov? When govs take on so much of the so-called charity work they do by taking so much out of our pockets, there isn't much left over to give in terms of monetary wealth.

Plenty of people still volunteer their time, but without resources to work with ... there are limits to what can be done.

And yes, there are plenty of charities who hear, "That's why I pay taxes." when they ask for donations.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Well if it's nothing, then the state it's in can pick up its funding, right?

Yes...I think so to a degree. I know the City leases the buses-$40 grand each new...and the city maintains them and gasses them up...the seniors pay a dollar one way to Dr.s, tests, groceries, prescriptions etc. A great service all in all for them. Blind, disabled, wheelchairs, canes, walkers, oxygen etc...I think the State of Michigan DOES subsidize some of it for sure...

You figure you got like 12 employees, office and drivers, all around $12-$23 an hr every day...and only a $1 fare per way per senior....so without any subsidies? Well...there sure isnt the $$$ to run it at $1 per ride.

Public transport is awful, Ubur is too...and these folks cant afford it. And the Meals on Wheels? I used to do that and it got to me. Every senior who really needed that food and wait for you to come....sometimes me being the only human contact they'd have that day-week.

They would talk and it would be heartbreaking to tear yourself away from them 'cause others were waiting...to repeat the same thing. Some sort of human contact and desperately needed food.

Without funding? Oh my God....terrible....

Thank you ketsuko....Best...MS

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
And they will say they don't deserve to live if they can't get their own food.

Surely nobody would be enough of a scumbag to actually say that?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

"It just seems to me this country is only as great as the weakest people living among us."

Liberalism has drug us down so far, for awhile there it looked like this country had no future.

I hope we can break the mindset, and raise these weaker individuals up and in doing so make this country better.

So it's because of liberalism that we have a wrecked economoy? What about the homeless population, did liberalism cause that? How about the #ty for profit 'health care' for Americans? I suppose liberalism is the cause for that too? Did librealism create for profit incarceration?

No you don't, you're too distracted with petty bs. You've been consistently getting #ed without the vasaline despite who's 'party' is running the show.

YES it is indeed because of liberalism and liberal agendas of the failed Obama administration that we have a weakened almost destroyed economy. And liberals created the Obamacare abortion all 100 percent based on LIES. Everything within Obamacare was a lie. As soon as you face reality things will look brighter for you, but as long as you keep embracing liberalism and discover why it is a false system and that you are only being used for your vote, you will keep hating the truth.

Please explain how Obama has weakened and almost destroyed the economy.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Please explain how Obama has weakened and almost destroyed the economy.

Under Obama the high unemployment rate, labor force participation, and GDP growth.

Overall economic growth has trucked along at 2 percent under Obama, and in the end that will be President Obama’s legacy... a 2 percent economy. Why? The president relied on stimulus spending to produce economic growth, but combining that spending with a tax increase and a huge explosion in the regulatory burden over $800 billion, about 100 billion a year, has really harmed the ability of Americans to start business, expand businesses, and has deterred capital expansions. President Obama’s policy mix gave us a 2 percent economy, and his super over regulation in all sectors crippled business growth which is why so many companies started moving jobs overseas, even much more than under the Bush and Clinton years.

Hope this helps..

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Keep latching onto that popular vote thing when less than half the nation turned out to vote in the first place...
You would have had to stick a gun to my head to get me to vote for either candidate(I only vote for my elected official and locally as protest). But if you did I would have voted Trump and I bet the majority felt the same. Hillary is far less palatable than Trump. Just because you feel different doesn't make it so...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Republicans believe in the natural law, survival of the fittest

Republicans say they believe in life, and protecting the most helpless, by which they mean embryos, but if you weren't all lying through your teeth it would include the poor as well.

And the ironic thing is there are a hell of a lot of unhealthy Republicans due to overwork in the quest for wealth and thinking that exercise and sex are "undignified".

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Keep latching onto that popular vote thing when less than half the nation turned out to vote in the first place...

So you basically just admitted that less than half the country supports Trump.

You would have had to stick a gun to my head to get me to vote for either candidate(I only vote for my elected official and locally as protest). But if you did I would have voted Trump and I bet the majority felt the same. Hillary is far less palatable than Trump. Just because you feel different doesn't make it so...

Well your one vote that you didn't cast doesn't do anything in the face of 3 million more votes for Hillary than Trump.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yes . The FREE LUNCH Time is OVER . You wanna Eat ? Work For IT .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join