It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's America is this what you really want?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
*Off topic to address

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Arnie123

At least $200 billion over budget and five years (or is it six now?) overdue. Even if it were ready to go tomorrow and did what it said on the tin that would still be a failed project.

...this doesn't make any sense. The project was to develop a fifth generation joint strike fighter in collaboration with our allies.
It has been completed. The systems within warrant that kind of cash influx as they are pretty advance, beyond anything any other country has.

"Even if...", No, "It is ready".

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

With Trump folks get JOBS, not free meals.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Sadly, the horrible liberals are the main contributors to the handicapped, elderly, as well as poor.

Where is your proof of that outrageous comment?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Evidence suggests that more people were in favour of Trump's America than were in favour of Hilary's America.

Evidence actually suggests that you are wrong since Trump lost the popular vote.

Do you feel better for knowing and saying that?

Were you similarly offended by the claim that more people voted for Trump than Clinton?

Or do you just find the rebuttal of that claim to be offensive?

I wasn't offended. Well done for helping to prove the adage regarding assumption.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

It boggles the mind that you can claim that our national defense has been neglected when even under Obama it was STILL the most funded military in the world.

After nearly 20 years of continuous war, yes they have been neglected... I know a couple aircraft maintenance sq's that are trying to keep planes from the 1950's and 1960's flying.

Air planes that old need an increasing amount of work done to keep them able to fly a war time mission.

but our actual shortfall is experienced people and this is a shortfall across all branches after the latest round of cuts, and the only way to fix that is time... no amount of money will give someone a decade of experience at a job.

Some on the left seem to want war with russia, some on the right seem to want a war with china..

I do not want any more war, but if we are going to pick a fight we need to rest and refit and that will require money...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So how about decommissioning the old stuff and using the newly available funds not spent on maintenance and upkeep go to buying new equipment? As it stands I see very little reason why the military's budget should be increased. ESPECIALLY if we aren't intending to fight any wars in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: EightAhoy

And what happens if a state refuses to fund any welfare programs? What if people start dying as a result?

I believe that would be called political suicide. State lawmakers are held accountable at a personal and local level. It is easier for a resident of Mississippi to travel to the state house in Jackson to protest, than to travel to the capitol building in Washington to protest. They're seen and are a part of the community--at church, the grocery store, at cub scout meetings with their sons, at the mall with a spouse.

State lawmakers are plugged in to their local constituency in ways federal lawmakers are not. I saw my state House rep at a spaghetti dinner a few weeks ago and had an opportunity to shake her hand and congratulate her on her election victory. She reminded me that her office is available to discuss any issues I may have. I had a few issues but understood that was not the venue to launch into my concerns, so I came home and sent an email which was answered the very next day. Think I'd get that from Chuck Schumer or John McCain? It took US Senator Bob Casey six weeks to answer my email about the ACA back in 2012, and then it was simply a form letter email response, despite my having sent a respectable, well articulated email asking for answers to specific questions. That's the difference between state and federal government: The personal touch at a local level regardless of political affiliation and political contributions.

Community groups, local charities including religious-affiliated charities, local and state governments step in, too. Local media often runs stories about specific food pantries that are short on turkeys, or canned goods. Five days later the same station runs a follow-up piece showing hundreds of frozen turkeys or 50 pallets of canned goods that arrived from donations.

The fellowship of communities has become sterile over the past 50 years. Once upon a time the community took care of its own, with a lot less federal government interference. The Schumer's, McCain's and Casey's of the world know not what's best for the little hamlet ten miles south of me, but the woman I saw at the spaghetti dinner, does.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Why don't you be charitable instead of forcing the government and tax-payers to be charitable for you?

Ok. This is what starts to steam me a bit. Churches, like the one I used to work for, already are maxed out trying to take on the work of helping the poor.

Salaries have been cut so they can keep a multitude of charities afloat at that church. Other groups are struggling to meet the need of the public.

They put up as much as they can toward helping people stay warm in winter, donating to Meals on Wheels, to a local food bank, to members who are facing extreme medical crisis and need, and a bunch of other organizations. They host homeless women once a quarter in a rotating homeless shelter which takes tons of volunteers.

And now they have to do more? How?

What more are they supposed to do?
edit on 16-3-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Do they? We shall
See.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Evidence suggests that more people were in favour of Trump's America than were in favour of Hilary's America.

Evidence actually suggests that you are wrong since Trump lost the popular vote.

Were you similarly offended by the claim that more people voted for Trump than Clinton?

I wasn't offended. Well done for helping to prove the adage regarding assumption.

And a hearty well done to you for missing the sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character."

That's bull crap.
If I hate and criticize someone for killing animals for fun it has nothing to do with something I do not like about my own character.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So how about decommissioning the old stuff and using the newly available funds not spent on maintenance and upkeep go to buying new equipment? As it stands I see very little reason why the military's budget should be increased. ESPECIALLY if we aren't intending to fight any wars in the meantime.

There is nothing to replace them... the new bombers, the new refuelers should have been started 10+ years ago, instead they kicked the can down the road and now they are trying to rush them to the finish line.... also new large multi-jet engine aircraft are not cheap.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I volunteer for Senior Services in Dearborn here...and many depend on the free food surplus and meals on wheels programs and others and we turn many away and run out of the surplus by 9 a.m. once a month.

A lot of the proposed cuts if true and come to pass...will devastate many who have nothing else. Im not talking about the "system-milkers"...but the 91 year old who lives alone and use a walker, cant hear and is almost totally blind...or the double leg amputee who wheelchair's it to the center to get a small couple bags of food because they depend on it.

Im dismayed as well with Public Television cuts and others. I find it interesting Don...and his friends could write out checks themselves for all these changes and not miss it...well, perhaps not completely. But none of these cuts would affect him, his family and his friends families....only those who need it most.

*PUBLIC SERVICE REQUEST

Friends and fellow ATS'rs? Please volunteer for something in your communities. Anything. Contact your local Red Cross, City Services, Emergency Management, Fire Department, Meals on wheels...something....anything. We need you...and someday...you may need us.
Thanks very much..

MS
edit on 16-3-2017 by mysterioustranger because: splchkr

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And a hearty well done to you for missing the sarcasm.

You're really on fire, proving the other adage about sarcasm being lowest form of wit. Two for two.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

There is nothing to replace them... the new bombers, the new refuelers should have been started 10+ years ago, instead they kicked the can down the road and now they are trying to rush them to the finish line.... also new large multi-jet engine aircraft are not cheap.

Well then the military should be prepared to make cuts elsewhere. I hear Pentagon keeps telling Congress not to buy any more tanks. Sounds like a good place to start to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The OP story is bogus.

"Meals on Wheels" isn't a Federal program, it's a private charity with thousands of chapters. They might get some block grant money from the Fed's or out of the OAA or something, but I doubt it's much.

Frankly, I'd rather my tax dollars go to a program like that than the Welfare State forced upon us by the Left that keeps a large segment of our work-eligible population living in poverty.

As for Trump's budget, I would like to see far deeper cuts in wasteful social programs and government handouts in general, but I suspect when he and the Congress do tax reform this Summer a lot of that will be cut regardless of this budget proposal.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

A lot of the proposed cuts if true and come to pass...will devastate many who have nothing else. Im not talking about the "system-milkers"...but the 91 year old who lives alone and use a walker, cant hear and is almost totally blind...or the double leg amputee who wheelchair's it to the center to get a small couple bags of food because they depend on it.

And how much funding do you get from the Fed's? Where does that funding come from (i.e., block grants)?

Personally, I doubt your charity gets any money directly from the Fed's, but i could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Liberalism has drug us down so far, for awhile there it looked like this country had no future.

Yeah, the Human element of Liberalism - - just sucks - - doesn't it!?!?

That's OK - - the NEO's and the Robots will fit together nicely.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Keep in mind that people have been getting "Free Meals" since before WW2 and further depending on how you define "Free Meals" ..what makes you think Trump will be different than all of those presidents?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The schmoes are going to lift the debt ceiling and everything is going to hum along until it is just too expensive for anyone to live except for themselves, being the rich douche parasites they are.

The poor are not the parasites, they are the victims of the parasites.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join