It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's America is this what you really want?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The new Trump budget has eliminated all funding for the Meals on Wheels program in favor of increase defense spending. There will be consequences to eliminating social safety nets. People are going to die as result of these budget cuts. I know a lot a hole Republicans will say eff em. And they will say they don't deserve to live if they can't get their own food. When we get to this level of budget cutting just what exactly is our military defending because it's NOT the American people. These public policy choices have direct consequences and will force people to live in poverty and squalor.

I get it that people make bad choices and should suffer for it. It just seems to me this country is only as great as the weakest people living among us. We need to get back to a more favorable view of building a commonwealth for ALL to share and how that translates into public policy. Everyone agrees corruption in government is a bad thing. But not having any government, that is, anarchy will have its consequences that will also cost just as much if not more.

Is this the America you want to live in? One thing is having a bleeding heart. It's another thing not to have any heart whatsoever. Please explain why you think Trump is great and why this is a good public policy?

www.cnn.com...

edit on 16-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

edit on 16-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: added link

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"It just seems to me this country is only as great as the weakest people living among us."

Great line, and it cuts right to the root of the problem.

Liberalism has drug us down so far, for awhile there it looked like this country had no future.

I hope we can break the mindset, and raise these weaker individuals up and in doing so make this country better.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Even the highly biased Snopes calls this story Mostly False

More fake news.....

Is that why you didn't post a link?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Time to get back to survival of the fittest.

I know that's not what anybody really wants to hear, but it is what it is.

There is much work to be done, and it will not be done by the weak. Social services are sh!t compared to the kind of help family and friends are capable of. It just needs to be drilled into people's heads that those "safety nets" were never going to last.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thing is that we have thrown so much money away on programs both good and bad that we no longer have money for programs either good or bad.

At the same time, the one responsibility our government does have - national defense - has been neglected in favor of programs good and bad.

We have so distorted the idea of "promoting the general welfare" that there are far too many who seem to think it means even as much as UBI these days. I have no idea how on earth we begin to finance that.

So when we run the kinds of national debts we are running with an economy that is feeling the burden of trying to increasingly pay for more and more people who do less and less because they are being given more and more, we begin to have to start to make some hard choices. In effect, we all have to learn to make do with less again in order to set the whole ship right or else there be nothing for anyone and that will happen in a catastrophic manner.
edit on 16-3-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Well. This is the most hyperbole laden, sky is falling post of the day.

So far anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
"It just seems to me this country is only as great as the weakest people living among us."

Liberalism has drug us down so far, for awhile there it looked like this country had no future.

I hope we can break the mindset, and raise these weaker individuals up and in doing so make this country better.

So it's because of liberalism that we have a wrecked economoy? What about the homeless population, did liberalism cause that? How about the #ty for profit 'health care' for Americans? I suppose liberalism is the cause for that too? Did librealism create for profit incarceration?

I hope we can break the mindset...

No you don't, you're too distracted with petty bs. You've been consistently getting #ed without the vasaline despite who's 'party' is running the show.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Sadly, the horrible liberals are the main contributors to the handicapped, elderly, as well as poor. So cutting meals on wheels funding, many depend on, is just a sign of what is to come. You do not see the rich volunteering to do meals on wheels......

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Government creates market distortion which helps to create what we see in the markets, yes. Liberalism helps to create that because liberalism is essentially not at all liberal these days but the creed of statism.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The only person the welfare recipients can blame is themselves for screwing up their own lives.

link   
Republicans believe in the natural law, survival of the fittest.

link   
Evidence suggests that more people were in favour of Trump's America than were in favour of Hilary's America.

link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Sadly, the horrible liberals are the main contributors to the handicapped, elderly, as well as poor. So cutting meals on wheels funding, many depend on, is just a sign of what is to come. You do not see the rich volunteering to do meals on wheels......

I see so only conservatives are rich?

Is that why the wealthiest people in congress and SIlicon Valley are all liberals?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It boggles the mind that you can claim that our national defense has been neglected when even under Obama it was STILL the most funded military in the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

originally posted by: MisterSpock

So it's because of liberalism that we have a wrecked economoy? What about the homeless population, did liberalism cause that? How about the #ty for profit 'health care' for Americans? I suppose liberalism is the cause for that too? Did librealism create for profit incarceration?

I hope we can break the mindset...

No you don't, you're too distracted with petty bs. You've been consistently getting #ed without the vasaline despite who's 'party' is running the show.

"Grandpa Grandpa what do I do?????"

"Okay Jimmy, calm down. Let him hit on it a few times."

"Okay Grandpa, I can feel him hitting it...OMG HE TOOK IT HE TOOK IT, WHAT NOW!!!!"

"Pull Jimmy, Set the hook as hard as you can. GOOD JOB Jimmy. Now reel him in."

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Evidence suggests that more people were in favour of Trump's America than were in favour of Hilary's America.

Evidence actually suggests that you are wrong since Trump lost the popular vote.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

At the same time, the one responsibility our government does have - national defense - has been neglected in favor of programs good and bad.

I am still trying to figure out how spending 5 times more in money on "defence" than the other 10 top nations combined counts as neglect....

link   
Maybe churches and communities should do that instead of the federal government.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Seriously?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

Dumbest comment so far

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join