It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier reported cought, threaten to behead him in 72 hours..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Instar has just proven that, even when the terrorist have completely discredited themselves, that the rabid anti-american types out there will find a way to spin this in a way that fits their own beliefs.

Here we have a situation where terrorist proved that they are idiots... and yet it is somehow America's fault.

Seriously, sometimes I wonder if Zarqawi and bin Ladin are members here.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is a cruel hoax and it makes you wonder why it was done so crudely.What the heck are they trying to prove anyway?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

as posted by instar
Im referring to American soldiers, keep ya shirts on! When will the sheeple who voted for bush get tired of burying there sons/daughters who come back in bags! damn sad ! Remember the quote about not winning a war by fighting it yourself but by getting some other poor dumb bastard to fight it?
thats what I meant. Im just as sad about loss of innocent iraqi lives, in cases more so, soldiers get paid to die, kids dont!

Ugh....aight.
Did you hear the news, which was not carried by Reuters, AP, CBSNEWS.com, CTV.ca, MSNBC, CNN, and a few others (like they carried the original story on the "sureness" of the capture of this alleged US soldier)?

They beheaded him:

seekerof

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
A small point from the article:

--- In the photo, a gun barrel was pointed at the head of the man's figure, and behind him on the wall was a black banner emblazoned with the Islamic profession of faith, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is His prophet." ---

Does anyone know if the term "Allah" has been subject to censorship at CNN? The above reads quite oddly.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

as posted by MaskedAvatar
Does anyone know if the term "Allah" has been subject to censorship at CNN? The above reads quite oddly.

As far as I know, MaskedAvatar, no.

..."There is no god but God and Muhammad is His prophet." -

From all I have read on this, what you mention was but one of the visible "irregularities" making this a fake/gimmick.
IMHO, I am not seeing this as an Islamic groups doing. More like an American, etc. who sent the photo and letter claim to an Islamic site hoping they would run with it, and they did, as did many US and Western news media outlets.

seekerof

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The picture has been proven a fake, The makers of the clothing GI's Wear has come forward and said they've never seen hem lins and edges on any clothes theyve made that look like that of the image.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Breaking News!!!

Michael Moore and George Soros, along with half of the posters on ATS, just came forward with shocking photos that prove that Sasquatch live in Iraq:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
JUST IN:

The US government has just announced a new special tactical combat unit to counter the new terrorist threat against GI Joe action figures in Iraq. I was able to find a rare top secret photo of the new unit:

A Washington spokesman also announced that they have aquired some terrorist propaganda from a safe house believed to have housed Special Ops Cody. Here is what they found:

But another find is most worrysome to the top brass. Apparently the terrorists have been trying to join forces with Cobra. Details coming soon..

[edit on 2-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
That "guy" looks fake, like as in a GI Joe doll !!!

Even the gun in the upper right looks plastic..

I got it right... !!!!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
apnews.myway.com...

"BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Iraqi militants claimed in a Web statement Tuesday to have taken an American soldier hostage and threatened to behead him in 72 hours unless the Americans release Iraqi prisoners.."

I havent found anything on this in the mainstream yet. Anybody else get anything on it? I checked the scource they listed and found nothing.

I hardly believe they cought a bunch as they state.

Anyways, lets hope we find them and kill the terrorists reposnsible before anything happens to our US hero..

We will see..

I was on here earlier this morning and they had a link about this, but I cannot find it now...

This was ALL OVER CNN last night. It was a TOY. There was a toy distributor in the US that saw the pic and recognized it as the very toy in SeekerOf's pic. There was a thred
about it being a toy earlier here on ATS and I cannot find it now.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

I was on here earlier this morning and they had a link about this, but I cannot find it now...

This was ALL OVER CNN last night. It was a TOY. There was a toy distributor in the US that saw the pic and recognized it as the very toy in SeekerOf's pic. There was a thred
about it being a toy earlier here on ATS and I cannot find it now.

Logan, not to toot my own horn, but this was the first thread here that outed it as a toy. Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Isn't using dolls in war against the Geneva convention? And more to the point did this doll go voluntarily or was he drafted? Does he even believe in the cause that he is fighting for?

What depths will the US sink to next? Transformers (robots in disguise)?

Remember. For every soldier doll killed in action, there is a Barbie shedding tears at home.

Personally, I reckon this guy is lucky with getting away with only being beheaded. My little sister used to pull the arms and legs off mine.

Maybe America should roll out the proof that Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden were working together side by side?

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A Brave, But Plastic, American

My heart goes out to the action figure being cruelly threatened with decapitation by terrorists, and to the other action figures from his production run, who must be losing a lot of sleep about now.

Here's hoping for his safe return, and that he's not turned over to 13-year-old boys equipped with magnifying glasses and firecrackers. Hmm, come to think of it, this brave soldier may actually be safer than most of his synthetic brethren.

In other news, Coalition forces, in coordination with Team America operatives, are mounting an intensive search for insurgents disguised as action figures.

A Clever PSYOP

Who did this remains a mystery for now, but whoever it was – whether amateur or professional – is brilliant.

People get paid big bucks to achieve the kind of results this hoax is getting, and I'm sure this has turned some heads among the more shadowy agencies of the U.S. government.

I seriously doubt that any real terrorist groups had anything to do with this, yet their prestige has taken a major hit worldwide. Ouch.

If this was a professional job, I'm impressed. If this was a home-brew, I'm really impressed.

Nicely done.

God Bless America

Meanwhile, savvy investors will take this opportunity to pick up some shares in action figure manufacturers, which will no doubt see a tremendous spike in military doll sales as a result of this event.

Hasbro, Mattel, Galoob: I'm bullish on you, baby.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Now looky what Jihadsuperspun is reporting:

"American Soldier Captured In Iraq? Prisioner's Release Demanded
Feb 02, 2005
JUS News Desk

An American soldier has allegedly been taken hostage and threatened to be behead in 72 hours unless the Americans release Iraqi prisoners. The posting, on a Web site that frequently carries communiqués, included a photo of the captive what that statement said was an American soldier, wearing desert fatigues and seated on a concrete floor with his hands tied behind his back.

A gun barrel was pointed at his head, and behind him on the wall is a black banner emblazoned with the Islamic profession of faith, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is His prophet."

A U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, Marine Sgt. Salju K. Thomas, said he had no informatio
n on the claim but "we are currently looking into it."

A statement also suggested the group was holding other soldiers.

"Our mujahadeen heroes of Iraq's Jihadi Battalion were able to capture American military man John Adam after killing a number of his comrades and capturing the rest," said the statement, signed by the "Mujahedeen Brigades."
"God willing, we will behead him if our female and male prisoners are not released from U.S. prisons within the maximum period of 72 hours from the time this statement has been released," the statement said.

The Mujahedeen Brigades have claimed responsibility for two kidnappings in the past -- the abduction in April of three Japanese who were released and that of a Brazilian engineer who went missing after an ambush that the Brigades claimed to have carried out along with the Ansar al-Sunnah Army.

More than 180 foreigners have been kidnapped in the past year. At least 10 of them, including three American civilians, remain in the hands of their kidnappers.

Controversy continues to surround the claim that the alleged soldier in the picture is actual an "action figure" doll. The only apparent difficulty with this theory is that "Cody" is not African American as the photograph released by the Mujahideen seems to indicate.

As JUS continues to publish reports on the basis of those items that are in the news, the truth is left to you, our loyal viewers, to decide."

First up, even though the ENTIRE world already knows this was all a silly hoax, they wont report it that way. Also, make a special note to the last line: "As JUS continues to publish reports on the basis of those items that are in the news, the truth is left to you, our loyal viewers, to decide."

That basically admits: Everything we post is BS, hope we fool you anyways.

Ahh well, I guess thats what propaganda machines are supposed to do....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Speaking Of Poor, Dumb Bastards

Originally posted by instar
Who says its not an American fake? how many Gi joe dolls in iraq?
American propaganda imo, even funnier is how you patriots debunked it!
LMFAO
Your supposed to debunk the enemys propaganda ya dills!
Why would insurgents fake that when theres plenty of real GI joes to behead for real?

Funny how you would have praised the same media for the story showing poor suffering Americans if you thought it was real. dance to any tune!

That said, Im glad its not real too, these poor dumb bastards dont deserve to die for the monkey in the white house.

Originally posted by instar
Im referring to American soldiers, keep ya shirts on! When will the sheeple who voted for bush get tired of burying there sons/daughters who come back in bags! damn sad ! Remember the quote about not winning a war by fighting it yourself but by getting some other poor dumb bastard to fight it?

Dear instar,

Since the people you are referring to tend to be busy doing things that are more productive than hurling irresponsible and unfocused insults at others, or responding to them, I'll take a moment to share my opinions on your posts and observations about the mentality they illustrate.

First, and for the record, I'll trust the wisdom of the dumbest U.S. soldier on duty over anything you have to say.

At least the soldier has, by becoming a soldier, done something more meaningful and constructive than simply typing out thoughtless opinions on an Internet discussion forum, and is also more likely to have the basic decency not to talk trash about people he doesn't know or understand.

We train our soldiers to be civil and polite when they aren't busy killing bad guys. Despite that, I seriously doubt you have the courage to call any U.S. soldier a “poor dumb bastard” to his face.

This “poor dumb bastard” is also less likely to be given to public outbursts of unbridled conceit and contempt for those considered beneath him, which in your case appears to be pretty much anyone who doesn't do or say what you want them to.

Your use of the term “sheeple” to describe those holding different views from yours seals the deal.

It's the kind of word illiterate militia types use to describe anyone not living in their Idaho compound, running around in the woods waving AK-47s, feeding on an endless diet of MREs, chuckling maniacally over underground “end times” newsletters and mimeographed caricatures of Arabs and ATF agents.

Use of the term “sheeple” is synonymous with declaring an infantile sense of self-importance and superiority that is invariably out of proportion with reason or reality, choosing isolation from society as a whole, identification with the lunatic fringe and is an unfailing indication of significant personality problems.

In other words, if you aren't some sort of hopeless paranoid whack job, I recommend retiring the word “sheeple” from your vocabulary.

I also recommend restricting your opinions of U.S. soldiers and those with whom you may disagree to facts and maybe things you actually know something about.

Doing so will earn you more respect from your fellow ATS members than childish finger-pointing and impotent trash talk.

Also, referring to the president of my country as a “monkey” is just plain pathetic. Again, infant is as infant does. No class, no value in such ignorant epithets, no credibility online, no point in further reading.

Bad on ya, mate. You have earned my disrespect, and that of anyone who values thoughtful opinion over mindless name-calling.

Just my opinions and advice, of course, based on what I've read here and elsewhere. And no, I'm not knocking you personally, just commenting on your shameful behavior in this thread and what it signifies.

There is a difference, and here's hoping for some improvement.

Very sincerely,

Majic

[edit on 2/2/2005 by Majic]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"You have voted Majic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

Couldnt, and didnt, have said it better myself. Thanks man!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
AMERICANS DEPLOY NEW UNMANNED COMBAT VEHICLE

Emboldened by the recent elections in Iraq, US Southern Command has decided to deploy a new unmanned weapon system in the Sunni Triangle.

The unit, which uses stealth techniques to mimic a 1982 Mack tractor truck, can transform into a bipedal hominoid combat report within seconds.

It is expected that the region's oil reserves can be refined into the 'energon' that this UCV needs.

Rumors at the pentagon also indicated that a giant transformable tyrannosaurus rex and a robotic walkman player were also on the way to the region.

Reports that the unit in question actually originated from a planet known as 'cybertron' have yet to be confirmed:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
If this was a professional job, I'm impressed. If this was a home-brew, I'm really impressed.

Wow. You impress easily.

I preferred the hoax VW ad that featured a terrorist packing bombs into a Polo and detonating it. The car totally withstood the explosion, terrorists foiled again.

Maybe you would like The Furby Conspiracy topic at ATS too.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Now looky what Jihadsuperspun is reporting:

"American Soldier Captured In Iraq? Prisioner's Release Demanded
Feb 02, 2005
JUS News Desk

An American soldier has allegedly been taken hostage and threatened to be behead in 72 hours unless the Americans release Iraqi prisoners. The posting, on a Web site that frequently carries communiqués, included a photo of the captive what that statement said was an American soldier, wearing desert fatigues and seated on a concrete floor with his hands tied behind his back.

If its on Jahidunspun it MUST be true, no doubt he was captured when they wiped out the entire Marine Corp in Fallujah

I hoped this settled it for those who tried to claim it was faked

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
All It Takes Is World Fame And Mission Success

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Wow. You impress easily.

Using nothing more than cheap toys, somebody managed to take a major chunk out of the already battered egos of the terrorists and insurgents desperately clinging to relevancy in Iraq.

Yep, I'm impressed.

All it took in this case was making headlines around the world while simultaneously accomplishing a psychological warfare objective.

So sure, if you call that "easy", I'll go with that.

P.S. I was also impressed by the famous appearance of Evil Bert with Osama on protest signs in Indonesia. Life imitates art.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join