It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier reported cought, threaten to behead him in 72 hours..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
HOLY CRAP!!! Its a GI JOE!!! Quik, call CNN and get the scoop!!! Ill represent you, I only ask for 5% of the finders fee.

Isn't it amazing how quickly our media picks up on this garbage and presents it as gospel fact? Man, they continually play right into the hands of the terrorists and do their bidding... spreading terror. You'd think that an industry responsible for spreading the truth and facts would have been able to determine that this was a hoax right off the nickle, but alas, not the case. You see, it's true, if you want to get to the bottom of something and see the real truth, you have to log onto ATS!
It took us about 20 minutes to draw the connections that supports the fact that this is indeed another lie!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Another thing: Nobody is holding the gun. You can CLEARLY make out the trigger and the start of the grip. No hand there.

Seeker is my champion!!

I wonder what they will use to behead him? Scissors?

Seeker, you could easily be the first person to make this discovery, you send anything to the DoD yet? It totally within the realm of possibility it has been figured out here first.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
GI Joe's head just simply pops right off. It's nothing more than a hollow piece of injected rubber pressed upon a ring in the neck of the doll. Somehow I don't think that the video of this beheading will have the desired effect for the terrorists.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have edited my last few posts to reflect my error in the posting of the DoD report. It was from April. My mistake. Posted in error. Inbetween classes, so am rushing.

Read my added notes, but is looking more and more like a "fake"situation.

seekerof

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Drudge is reporting it now. Showing the exact pic Seeker found.

I bet 2 to 1 that they got that lead here!!

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I referenced the Drudge story before seeker even posted that photo. In fact, I indicated earlier that Drudge is where I found the photo. I can't speak for Seeker but I bet that's where he got the pic.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The GI Joe pic? I didnt see it when I visited. Maybe my pc here work is playing games with me. I read that story from top to bottom.

If thats the case I look pretty silly now dont I? I assumed Seeker had busted a story wide open. Man, I was so excited too!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Drudge didn't update on my desktop and it was still reporting the original story. Yeah, I'd have to say that Seekerof inadvertantly supplied Drudge with the "new" material.

WOW! Way to go Seekerof!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
CNN.com reports:

www.cnn.com...

U.S. military: No soldier missing in Iraq

"BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- The U.S. military said Tuesday that no American soldiers have been reported missing in Iraq after a Web statement claimed that an American soldier had been taken hostage.

The authenticity of the statement and photo could not be verified, and Staff Sgt. Nick Minecci of the U.S. military's press office in Baghdad said "no units have reported anyone missing."

Yeah, GI Joe. Clever ruse I must say, only fooled ATS for about 20 minutes though, but its still fooling most of the mass media outlets.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Drudge reports:

This is a representative from the manufacturur of the doll:

"'It is our doll... to me it definitely looks like it is,' Liam Cusack of the toy manufacturer Dragon Models USA, inc., tells the ASSOCIATED PRESS. 'Everything the guy is wearing is exactly what comes with our figure...'

Also:

CNN.com has dropped the story all together

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Do you think they will have Barbi interogate him in a mini-skirt and thong before the behead him?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I picked the picture up from an old source of mine at another college who had been following the story himself. He freely shot it to me to post as a possible 'fake' job being committed by those claiming to have captured a US soldier. He is a member here but comes once in a blue moon.

I am glad that this turned out to be bogus.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Who says its not an American fake? how many Gi joe dolls in iraq?
American propaganda imo, even funnier is how you patriots debunked it!
LMFAO
Your supposed to debunk the enemys propaganda ya dills!
Why would insurgents fake that when theres plenty of real GI joes to behead for real?

Funny how you would have praised the same media for the story showing poor suffering Americans if you thought it was real. dance to any tune!

That said, Im glad its not real too, these poor dumb bastards dont deserve to die for the monkey in the white house.

[edit on 072828p://40027 by instar]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I think he is reffering to the Terrorists, not the entire Arab/Iraqi pupulace.

Fair enough, but usually the 'terrorists' don't have a special culture, but if the intent is only the terrorists, then fair enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Do you think they will have Barbi interogate him in a mini-skirt and thong before the behead him?

BWa haha!

This confirms what I thought all along.

Al-qaida is not behind the terrorism. Its COBRA! Mwa ha!

Wow, this whole incident is really interesting tho. Incredible really, so surreal.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

as posted by instar
...these poor dumb bastards...

Who, exactly, are you refering to, instar? The US soldiers or what?
Please clarify, before someone takes what you just posted wrong, and then decides to rip you....

seekerof

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I knew you all would have some good info here.
I heard about it on the radio this evening, an interview with the toymaker..

Came here to see if there was more info..Of course there was!

Is this a sign of desperation? Fatigue?

Or perhaps, as someone mentioned, an American invention.
I could see it being a sort of morale booster for the troops.

I've always felt that Mr. Potato Head was more versatile.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by instar
...these poor dumb bastards...

Who, exactly, are you refering to, instar? The US soldiers or what?
Please clarify, before someone takes what you just posted wrong, and then decides to rip you....

seekerof

Im referring to American soldiers, keep ya shirts on! When will the sheeple who voted for bush get tired of burying there sons/daughters who come back in bags! damn sad ! Remember the quote about not winning a war by fighting it yourself but by getting some other poor dumb bastard to fight it?
thats what I meant. Im just as sad about loss of innocent iraqi lives, in cases more so, soldiers get paid to die, kids dont!

[edit on 082828p://51028 by instar]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

That said, Im glad its not real too, these poor dumb bastards dont deserve to die for the monkey in the white house.

No need to call them that. You say it while your safe behind a computer desk. I bet you would'nt say to there face.

That said. Maybe Duke and all his GI Joe buddies are doing top secret mission into Iraq to find the terroists.. anyone seen Toy soldiers?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Why would insurgents fake that when theres plenty of real GI joes to behead for real?

You make it sound like they could just go and capture one of our guys any time they like.

Unless I’ve missed something they haven’t had any luck capturing our soldiers or Marines. Judging by the actions of the insurgents they don’t seem real big on picking a fight with people that will fight back. They like to set IEDs and run away, kidnap unarmed people and blow up civilians.
Photochopping a picture to look as if they have an American POW is probably as close as they are likely to get, thankfully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join