It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier reported cought, threaten to behead him in 72 hours..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
apnews.myway.com...

"BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Iraqi militants claimed in a Web statement Tuesday to have taken an American soldier hostage and threatened to behead him in 72 hours unless the Americans release Iraqi prisoners.."

I havent found anything on this in the mainstream yet. Anybody else get anything on it? I checked the scource they listed and found nothing.

I hardly believe they cought a bunch as they state.

Anyways, lets hope we find them and kill the terrorists reposnsible before anything happens to our US hero..

We will see..

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Already reported here...

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
But we can talk about it here. It is about Terrorism after all

At this point, I wonder where they are holding him? If it is fact true, the US must have an idea where he and his group went missing. I cant imagine the terrorists were able to move too far with a US captive wearing fatigues.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank God they are going to behead him instead of doing something horrible like having a half-naked woman sit on his lap.

At least these Gentile, Deeply Religious people wont degrade him with a womans touch, they will just saw his head off with a knife and film it so his family can watch it on the internet.

Horrible, Horrible Americans.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have heard this "Story" hundreds of times throughout this occupation and it never materializes. I am seriously doubtful that it is true now.

Think about this... some illiterate with a kalishnikov is gonna take down a squad of heavily armed and highly trained soldiers? Not likely. That is why these pissant cowards have had to resort to kidnapping journalists, women and other unarmed civilians. They are weak, their cause is weak and they are tiny little men who lack in intelligence and courage. We will crush every last one of them. We will grant each of these filthy batards their wish... that they die!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Check the link to the ATS new article above. It has the link to the story on CNN.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
More idiot terrorists claiming crap! BFD!!! I seem to remember Baghdad Bob mumbling some nonsense about the US being defeated and that they were nowhere near Baghdad when we were in fact, in his back yard!

These filthy balls of camel dung are LIARS! It is inherent in their culture to lie, lie and lie some more. Sadly enough, they lie so much and are so stupid that they even begin to believe their own lies.

Now, possibility not withstanding, perhaps it is possible that they have captured one of our GIs. If that has occurred may God be with them and show them mercy because when our uniformed men come looking for them they will wish that they were already dead!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
These filthy balls of camel dung are LIARS! It is inherent in their culture to lie, lie and lie some more.

And you are a student of arab or iraqi culture?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And the US administration has not been lying about anything either....right?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by kozmo
These filthy balls of camel dung are LIARS! It is inherent in their culture to lie, lie and lie some more.

And you are a student of arab or iraqi culture?

Although I cannot speak for him, I think he is reffering to the Terrorists, not the entire Arab/Iraqi pupulace.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That is EXACTLY correct!

I just saw a photo on Drudge about this and I have to say that it looks fake. It appears to be a photoshop job done by a 6 year old. I still doubt this story. I guess only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Tried to hot link the pic, but its not working for me. Ill try looking a bit more.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Dern sure looks fake or photoshopped to me.

World Photos - AP

seekerof

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That "guy" looks fake, like as in a GI Joe doll !!!

Even the gun in the upper right looks plastic..

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here is a DoD report:
DoD Announces Soldier's Captured Status

Disregard......wrong situation.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Interesting jig here. Check this:

Smelling like a "life-size" hoax, but not sure on this.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Look at the size of his head in relation to his body. Being a student of art, heads are generaly 1/7 the overall size of the body. This guy I estimate to be about 9-10 head lengths long. He is either a GIANT, or is Beetlejiuce. Also look at the gun, its perspective is off, and simply looks like a crude cut and paste.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!! Its a GI JOE!!! Quik, call CNN and get the scoop!!! Ill represent you, I only ask for 5% of the finders fee.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Now I see why you are a consistent winner of the ATS award!

Yeah, I saw the photo and did a quick analysis with some software and easily concluded that it was a fake (I used to sell very high end CGI software).

Like I said earlier...a hoax and a LIE!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just a precautionary note.

I would wait till this is confiirmed as being fake. The DoD sure seems to have been fooled, but they may know something that we don't or is not being reported.

Note though, that the gun in the picture is or appears to be the same that comes in the doll kit....minus the sight enhancement....

EDIT: that DoD report I linked was in haste and is not the same individual. The report was from April, and that soldier was killed. Sorry.
So....it does appear that maybe this situation is looking more and more like a "G.I. Joe" fake.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join