It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 year Anniversary...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Happy anniversary!

I joined a couple of years after you, OP. My journey from profound belief to greater skepticism has been similar. (Even if at the more recent stages of said journey, I actually found a different kind of faith lol.)

I would really love to hear (if anyone would like to share) your answers to the same question.

"What were you doing fifteen years ago and why did you seek this place out?"

I was heavily involved in researching UFOlogy as best a layperson can, in particular because of some anomalous experiences myself, friends, and a family member had had. I never did find any concrete answers to those mysteries, but I did become - over the ensuing 10+ years - much more well versed in actual UFO and abduction related phenomena, and the history thereof.

I haven't been a very good contributor to the site, I'm sad to say. Partly due to my social anxiety making participation in discussions more limited than it might be otherwise, and making me fear putting myself out there with respect to my opinions and standing by them for more than an hour or so lol. And partly due to simply not feeling I have much of worth to contribute, and suspecting doing so wouldn't do much to change anyone's mind about anything. Especially these days.

The topic I suppose I'm at least remotely proud of, although not very visible, was The History Of Abduction Mythology, & Why Rigorous Study is Both Lacking and Needed. Wasn't telling anyone well versed in the history thereof anything they didn't know, but that was probably the most substantial product of my years spent here, and a good example of how my time here rendered me far more skeptical than I was before I registered.

Re: Masons, I would just add that the bias against Freemasonry here and elsewhere online has always saddened me, because while I'm sure individuals and groups at some points throughout history have exploited the (especially in the distant past) secrecy of such groups for their own aims, Masons have done a veritable ton of good in this world, and I wish that was more widely acknowledged. But then, I doubt most true Freemasons want accolades, which is part of why the belief that they are somehow an evil cult is frustrating. I've never found, despite great effort, any compelling evidence that's the case in terms of the order(s) and their members themselves.

My main role on ATS these days is just to encourage empathy and civility (a losing battle a lot of the time of late lol,) and beyond that, just to lurk and read/continue to learn.

Peace.

edit on 3/16/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Thanks for the reply wombat! I remember you from the UFO forums

That thread you posted looks awesome - about to have a read 👍👍

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Happy ATS Anniversary to you! Wow you've been here a loooong time! That is certainly worth celebrating!

Sorry I didn't catch this thread earlier!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Many thanks NightStar! Love the dragon art.. are they biscuits?!?!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ezekiel

Looks like cookies. I didn't make them. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join