It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many handbags depicted in ancient art? Why is this a global phenomenon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The Egyptian image is the ANKH, not a hand bag, as a hieroglyph it means 'life'.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I watched a Graham Hancock presentation of I think, a year ago. He likened the "handbags" to the secrets and plans for the restoration of the world. This would result from survivors (like Anunnaki) of the great cataclysm that may have been a comet that hit the northern ice sheet. What ever it was, it pretty much wiped out "most" of the civilizations of humanity, as well as causing massive changes in sea level as well as surface terrain.

Atlantis was most likely a victim as well.

Sumerian (Iraq), Egyptians and Greek culture were supposedly resurrected, and places like Göbekli Tepe could have been source points.
edit on 18-3-2017 by charlyv because: content

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I watched a Graham Hancock presentation of I think, a year ago. He likened the "handbags" to the secrets and plans for the restoration of the world. This would result from survivors of the great cataclysm that may have been a comet that hit the northern ice sheet. What ever it was, it pretty much wiped out "most" of the civilizations of humanity, as well as causing massive changes in sea level as well as surface terrain.

Sumerian (Iraq), Egyptians and Greek culture were supposedly resurrected, and places like Göbekli Tepe could have been source points.

My question is how the hell would Hancock even extrapolate something that far fetched out of something so simple.....its just an Ankh.....

Thats why so many of these guys to me produce such rubbish and make the whole field look so laughable.......

"LOOK! LOOK these people of a common culture , with traditions handed down over the ages are doing the SAME THING! It must mean they are time traveling space aliens, from zeti reticuli, trying to tell future generations how to make themselves immortal!"

Just.....meh yall get my point...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Bags are intriguing to you? Bags.

Bags.

Bags are perplexing?

They're bags. They've been around awhile.

Sheeesh.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I watched a Graham Hancock presentation of I think, a year ago. He likened the "handbags" to the secrets and plans for the restoration of the world. This would result from survivors of the great cataclysm that may have been a comet that hit the northern ice sheet. What ever it was, it pretty much wiped out "most" of the civilizations of humanity, as well as causing massive changes in sea level as well as surface terrain.

My question is how the hell would Hancock even extrapolate something that far fetched out of something so simple.....its just an Ankh.....

Thats why so many of these guys to me produce such rubbish and make the whole field look so laughable.......

"LOOK! LOOK these people of a common culture , with traditions handed down over the ages are doing the SAME THING! It must mean they are time traveling space aliens, from zeti reticuli, trying to tell future generations how to make themselves immortal!"

Well, science says it happened. There is proof, and Hancock is picking up research from some of these archaeologists and geologists. It would make sense that some people survived, and were the way back for so many cultures. No one could possible get all of it right, but I bet that the reality of it was even better than the best fiction.
edit on 18-3-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

Addend: If you are in a coastal city in the U.S., look out to sea and imagine the Paleo Indian settlements that are now 60 miles out, and a half mile deep.
edit on 18-3-2017 by charlyv because: content

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

To be fair, that's like asking why they included clothing on the figures. Clothing are also mundane objects that virtually everyone uses. It's not like people back then never saw shirtless people or nude people, so what's the significance there?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well, science says it happened. There is proof, and Hancock is picking up research from some of these archaeologists and geologists.

Science is not saying it happened. In fact, there's a current thread right here in this section that indicates exactly the opposite.

originally posted by: charlyvAddend: If you are in a coastal city in the U.S., look out to sea and imagine the Paleo Indian settlements that are now 60 miles out, and a half mile deep.

Sea level has risen only around 120 meters since the height of the last Ice Age. And why imagine such settlements when we have their remains on dry land as well?

Will you claim these people couldn't move inland with rising sea levels?

Harte

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Well, science says it happened. There is proof, and Hancock is picking up research from some of these archaeologists and geologists.

Science is not saying it happened. In fact, there's a current thread right here in this section that indicates exactly the opposite.

originally posted by: charlyvAddend: If you are in a coastal city in the U.S., look out to sea and imagine the Paleo Indian settlements that are now 60 miles out, and a half mile deep.

Sea level has risen only around 120 meters since the height of the last Ice Age. And why imagine such settlements when we have their remains on dry land as well?

Harte

Anyone at odds with this, will have odds with the findings of the National Science Foundation, The National academy of Sciences and hundreds of PHD's in Geology, AstroPhysics and Archeology who have been working on this for the last 25 years. This is relatively new stuff in the history of this planet and it will take a while for it all to sink in and settle out. We are also not talking about one recent cataclysmic event, but at least 3 in the last 40,000 years, and a few others a few million years older.

The Paleolithic period extends from the earliest known use of stone tools, probably by Homo habilis initially, 2.6 million years ago, to the end of the Pleistocene around 10,000 BP (The last big event). Yes, 60 miles out is probably a conservative estimate, and receding granularity as these catastrophies increased. These are also averages, and depend on the structure and inclination of the continental sedimentary plains as they approach the continental shelf.

Many were wiped off the face of the Earth and could not move inland. The habitats would be repeated as most cultures want to live by the sea, only to be taken again.
(We have time to move now, before the Tsunami's of the next event, whenever that will be, but it will most certainly happen again.)

There were people in North America that science has never acknowledged in the past as well, and this information is slowly making it's way into mainstream science , where it belongs.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
bags to carry stuff, it must have been one of the first things invented.
probably round about same time as sandals....
you could make a good bag from hemp.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

Interesting topic and after watching the video I would say it is odd that these have been depicted in these carvings if they aren't significant.

My take, they are offerings. Most of them were seen in scenes with the tree of life or the deity is face to face with another that has a bag.

I think it could be as simple as an offering to whatever or whomever they are meeting. What easier way to transfer an offering than having an easily carryable bag for them to take away.

Anywho...i probably underthunk it.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Anyone at odds with this, will have odds with the findings of the National Science Foundation, The National academy of Sciences and hundreds of PHD's in Geology, AstroPhysics and Archeology who have been working on this for the last 25 years. This is relatively new stuff in the history of this planet and it will take a while for it all to sink in and settle out. We are also not talking about one recent cataclysmic event, but at least 3 in the last 40,000 years, and a few others a few million years older.

The Paleolithic period extends from the earliest known use of stone tools, probably by Homo habilis initially, 2.6 million years ago, to the end of the Pleistocene around 10,000 BP (The last big event). Yes, 60 miles out is probably a conservative estimate, and receding granularity as these catastrophies increased. These are also averages, and depend on the structure and inclination of the continental sedimentary plains as they approach the continental shelf.

Many were wiped off the face of the Earth and could not move inland. The habitats would be repeated as most cultures want to live by the sea, only to be taken again.
(We have time to move now, before the Tsunami's of the next event, whenever that will be, but it will most certainly happen again.)

There were people in North America that science has never acknowledged in the past as well, and this information is slowly making it's way into mainstream science.

BS
link
No Clovis Comet. Hancock took too long to make the claim - it was debunked the same year he published.

This information is (very) slowly making it into the fringe zeitgeist.

Harte

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

This is a University of Washington professor Tyrone L. Daulton, who has his own theories. And in science, rightly so. It only involves nano-diamonds and the reviews of his work have been sensationalized by media that knows nothing of the subject and historically loves to inject contravention to stir up conjecture mainly for page hits. This should be obvious after the hits the media has recently taken with what amounts to false and biased news and the sciences are high on their hit list.

He is one against hundreds of his "peers" that think otherwise, and 2 white papers against thousands presented before the National Science Foundation that supports the chairs of Earth Geology and Paleontology. Don't call BS on what I say just because you think it is. I am not stupid, nor am I an amateur in science. Do the research for yourself.

He does not cite the impact events all over the US and Canada linked to the YD, nor the black mat all over the United States and Europe that has irridium and carbon spherules dated to the YD, nor the conditions of Mammoth and Mastodon carcasses peppered with iron particles as well as Paleo Indian campsites and utensils, nor the rapid influx of fresh water into the Atlantic conveyor causing another mini Ice Age, nor the extinction of people and animals, all tied to the YD. The list goes on. You should actually read some of this and perhaps attend one of the NSF yearly symposiums on the subject. Saying "BS" is just to easy. If you want to constructively continue a responsible exchange in this subject, please supply some meat of your own other than one professor's viewpoint.
edit on 19-3-2017 by charlyv because: (spelling)

Addend: Graham Hancock is not a mainstream scientist or archaeologist. He is scientific researcher and author, by profession, that has the ability to explain into layman's terms some very convoluted and controversial scientific research, mostly provided by mainstream scientists, but also with research he has done all of his life as well. He relays what most of them are unable to convey, as they live in worlds of numbers and jargon the public does not understand, nor does the public want that level of detail. Most real scientists are really rather boring outside of their professional and academic peer groups. They benefit from Hancock as their theories reach more ears and their names get connected with their work. I think he is really an amazing human being, and will be remembered as the first person that the general public heard it from, when science gets around to absorbing all this recent material.
edit on 19-3-2017 by charlyv because: (content)

edit on 19-3-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 19-3-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I found another picture of the sacred tree from a cylinder seal that seems to corroborate my belief that the cones come from the tree rather than are applied to the tree. In this depiction the mullilu cone is still attached to the tree and the hand gesture is empty as if to acquire the cone.

If you recall the more traditional stylized depiction you will see this tree does match that form. Both have the semicircle radial pattern at the top, the crossing branches along the side, as well the v shaped grooves along the trunk and the bulbous notches dividing the trunk.
edit on 2-4-2017 by Sansanoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
maybe there carrying some other type of object and not bags. one photo showed a onk i dont think that one was bag, but some of them are definitely objects with handles and we cant quite tell exactly what they are., probably some sort of common object they used at the time

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Regardless if it's a symbol or a bag.. or a manpurse (or godpurse).. not certain how this relates to aliens to be honest. : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join