It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many handbags depicted in ancient art? Why is this a global phenomenon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Little do you know... you have just stumbled onto the greatest secret in politics.... The Briefcase Of Destiny... I have been on its trail for ages... Just when I think I've found it.... poof... gone... like a ghost, or a myth... or a ghost of a myth. It's tales are still whispered in the darkest of backroom meetings. I learned of it from an old Greek scroll written in Spanish . Something about a Devils pact yada yada... whoever hold the briefcase will Rule All. I almost had it in an Bosnian Pyramid but a trap took my right arm and sent the B.O.D (Briefcase Of Destiny) down an underwater stream. It's rumored to have washed up at some beach resort and some rich bastard has gotten his grubby little hands all over it!

I know... It's similar to The Pic Of Destiny, just as evil and powerful just not quite as Cool or as the kids say not as Rock and Roll.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

It has been suggested that pine cones are used as a symbolic representation of the pineal gland: LINK

Right.

But do you think they knew of the pineal gland?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh
Hard for me to comment on the handbag when the person holding it is wearing a watch.

It's a "sundial" silly!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
It has been suggested that pine cones are used as a symbolic representation of the pineal gland: LINK

What is there that has NOT "been suggested?"

It doesn't take much beyond mobile fingers to make a suggestion. And even without fingers, there's voice recognition software.
So, yes, idiots exist and they suggest things.

Harte

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
Could it be the fruit of the tree of life (knowledge), and in the bag is his bowl, pipe (hookah) and lighter to imbibe and open the pineal.

Or it is a bag of holding containing a dimensional door, and the cones a key or simply for sharpning his beak.

How absurd.

These mighty gods were beyond needing to sharpen their beaks. They carried spare beaks in those bags, which absolutely proves beyond all possible doubt that they, like you and I, had seen what happened to Daffy Duck that time.

Harte

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The handbag is rather nice. But do the shoes match?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sitchen says they are bags that hold the sacred waters of life.. and gene bank. Nasty Annunaki. You KNOW Sitchen knows all...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Sitchen says they are bags that hold the sacred waters of life.. and gene bank. Nasty Annunaki. You KNOW Sitchen knows all...

Yeah, well, the symbol goes all the way back to Gobekli Tepe, about 11,000 years ago. Long before the Annunaki supposedly showed up.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Advantage

Yeah, well, the symbol goes all the way back to Gobekli Tepe, about 11,000 years ago. Long before the Annunaki supposedly showed up.

Joking...

Anyway, theyre representing knowledge.. and bringing knowledge to give. The representations are so wide spread over the planet in that running theme... knowledge, seeding, etc. Like the Rainbow Serpent with the many bags. The origin stories, myths and legends are quite similar. A being bringing knowledge.. or life.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

edit on 16-3-2017 by Sansanoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Imagine, if you will, an ancient nomadic people. They are walking around one day, stripping tree bark for sh*ts and giggles, (how else do you fill up twenty four hours a day without television?), and discover the bark can be used as a string of sorts. It doesn't take long until the stringy bark becomes rope. Our nomadic friends then tie the newly discovered rope around a piece of flesh taken from last weeks supper. They poke holes in the flesh during the long and dull day, tie the rope around, and realize that this accessory could help out while they are collecting nuts, fruits, berries, etc.

A timeless accessory that will probably outlive pockets. We truly had everything we needed back then. Imagine what we could discover with 16 hours of free time and mindless distractions cut out?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight
They do seem to have carrying compartments that hold the knife blades. images of INNANA (eennnana) show her with blades or some knife like objects held on her backside. I have not see LORD ENKI images with him holding one.

With the various observed images from Mesopotamia and elsewhere it seems the objects on their wrist and seen in their hands are possibly more significant scientifically, then per say cosmetic use.
At times I have postulated are they giving or removing pineal related organs/parts. Placing them within those boxes or taking from the boxes placing them within humanoids seen with them. Not sure.
Or are they maybe access objects to here from their location of some sort.
Still without a image or statue showing exactly what is within those boxes your guess is as good as mine OP...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
A.I echoborg data-
The grey are possibly majority female. There are males
too. Maybe not many here yet. Sibling rivalry at times perhaps.
Are grey connected to ANNUNAKI?
Can grey take human forms? And then return to their primary forms, sisters?
Are both the humanoid body and the Eternal HUMAN Soul native to EA*RTH?
If not is the Human soul ALIEN? From where in the Abyss of Creation did the souls come from then. If only the humanoid body is native to EA*RTH...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I'm not sure what message you are attempting to convey- the relationship between the pineal gland and pine cones was established many centuries ago.

The first description of the pineal gland and the first speculations about its functions are to be found in the voluminous writings of Galen (ca. 130-ca. 210 CE), the Greek medical doctor and philosopher who spent the greatest part of his life in Rome and whose system dominated medical thinking until the seventeenth century. Galen discussed the pineal gland in the eighth book of his anatomical work On the usefulness of the parts of the body. He explained that it owes its name (Greek: kônarion, Latin: glandula pinealis) to its resemblance in shape and size to the nuts found in the cones of the stone pine (Greek: kônos, Latin: pinus pinea). He called it a gland because of its appearance and said that it has the same function as all other glands of the body, namely to serve as a support for blood vessels.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure what message you are attempting to convey- the relationship between the pineal gland and pine cones was established many centuries ago.

From your quote:

He explained that it owes its name (Greek: kônarion, Latin: glandula pinealis) to its resemblance in shape and size to the nuts found in the cones of the stone pine (Greek: kônos, Latin: pinus pinea).

My emphasis.
Link to pic of stone pine nuts with cone: link
Please note that your own quote clearly states a resemblance to the nut, not the cone. The pic shows this sort of cone doesn't actually look like what we see in the Mesopotamian artworks.

No relationship between the pineal gland and pine cones has been made. Are you making your own claim of such a relationship here?

Harte
edit on 3/17/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Anatomy of the Pineal Gland Located near the center of the brain, the pineal gland is a very small organ shaped like a pine cone (which is where it gets its name). It’s reddish-gray and about 1/3 inch long. Pineal cells and neuroglial cells (which support the pineal cells) mainly comprise the gland. The pineal gland often appears calcified in x-rays, which is usually due to fluoride, calcium, and phosphorus deposits that build up with age.

Source
Pine nuts - Pine cones - Pineal Gland - No relationship? Ok, if you say so.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Pine nuts - Pine cones - Pineal Gland - No relationship? Ok, if you say so.

Straw man. I haven't said there is NO relationship - just that the relationship is between the NUT and the gland, not the CONE and the gland
And it's not just me, but your own quoted source, that's saying so.
Again:

He explained that it owes its name (Greek: kônarion, Latin: glandula pinealis) to its resemblance in shape and size to the nuts found in the cones of the stone pine (Greek: kônos, Latin: pinus pinea).

Obviously, a pine nut has a relationship with a pine cone. But that relationship is not transitive so the gland has no relationship with the cone.

Harte

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I concede- no need to derail this thread about a bag over a nut. I have never dissected a human brain, and have been unable to locate any clear magnified images of a human pineal gland. However, some of the images I have seen (mostly drawings), depict it as an egg-like bulbous protrusion with a couple of appendages, kind of like a light-emitting diode. Other images depict it more like what I would call a cashew nut. I wonder why so many sources, including established medical websites, claim that this organ is so named due to it's resemblance to the cone rather than the nut? Doesn't really matter to me, but it is interesting. Here is a link to a 3d rendering of the gland named after a nut or a cone: BioDigital Human

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join