It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is WEIRD!!! (VERY weird!!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there. When you create a Gmail account, it uses that account for all other Google services including Google+, Blogger and yes...YouTube. Or at least it CAN automatically do so.

If you created your Mom's account on your computer, then you may have inadvertently created her YouTube account in the process. Typically...as with Blogger...if you log out of your Gmail account, you are disconnected from Blogger. But YouTube is slightly different. It may pop-up and "suggest" logging in and show one or more Gmail accounts...maybe including one created on your laptop.

So...if you created your Mom's Gmail from your laptop...that would likely be the situation.

PS: Or...Google is now nesting so that your Gmail became linked to your Mom's Gmail because yours was used at the time (or just prior to) creating your Mom's.
edit on 3/17/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Happened to my woman not to many years ago. We where just watching youtube when I noticed where logged in as her (former) job's new shift manager (witch was a woman by the way, and I highly doubt my GF is lesbian). Well, I didn't know it was her account exactly, but the email (username) was built up the same way as you describe (FirstnameLastname#@gmail.com) and the number at the end of it was her year of birth. She had never been over to our place, let alone used our computer that never left the house. It was very spooky and we where really creeped out. Like you I have absolutely no idea how this could have possibly happended... unless my GF is lesbian and invited her new shift manager over for youtube and chill... and stuff... but it is a very slim possibility.

So yes, mindblowing stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
After some consideration, I think I am over-thinking this whole thing. The 'logging in' part is still unclear, but I can think of a way to explain at least some of the rest of it. It's still crappy this can happen, but here's one way the connection could have been made...

In the past I have sent gifts to Mom, and yes some of these were on-line purchases. It's possible I may have used google to search for the vendor (shame on me). While credit card data is subject to PCI security regulations, the name on the account is not. So, if a vendor turned around and sold my name, the name of the person the gift was for and the addresses associated with the same, this would explain how the connection between Mom and I was made.

It still doesn't explain how google can identify this computer though. Normally I'd say it was via an IP address, but I have a 10.x network set up at the house, so the IP is randomly assigned and has a lifespan of 24 hours after which I have to reacquire it (this is by design). My ISP is also set up as a 10.x network with dynamic IP's. The 2nd and 3rd octets assigned from the ISP are usually the same (or very close), but the 4th octet can be anything. This would give google a roughly 1 in 997 chance in guessing my network IP at any given time, but given it's a 10.x network that shouldn't mean anything....that is, unless someone (think: Microshaft) is giving away MAC addresses (which would then make it a process of a thousand calculations or less to figure out every time)! Sure my router knows my MAC address, but it shouldn't go further than this.

I don't know. Just friggin pisses me off! You know, I never have these kinds of issues using LINUX. Maybe I should just switch everything over to LINUX. LINUX is just so wonky sometimes with compatibility, and I am not a LINUX expert by any stretch.

BTW...for those inquiring about the log entries, there was no log entry at all indicating someone tried to log into you-toob. Zero. And no, I'm not going to post those logs...for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

say what?

you claim to work in security yet act like you have no idea how NAT works - or your paranoia really killed your brain.

google will never, ever, see you connecting from 10.x.x.x, you know that, right? the randomization of such address means completely NOTHING, since you're behind NAT and your external - visible to the world - ip doesn't change in the process.

seriously, grab a beer and think about what you're saying.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'm no expert, but my guess is their way of tracking unique computers is.

1. Cookies
2. Unique browser fingerprint
3. IP address

Probably in that order and hoping they get all three.

I seriously doubt Google would auto-log you into Youtube under your Mom's account without a cookie set. That's the strange thing to me with all of this.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Believe me, I understand exactly how NAT works. I've even said as much earlier...hence this whole thread.

Perhaps I'm not the one who needs a beer.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It still doesn't explain how google can identify this computer though.

Google is the undisputed king of the "Big Data" space.

Not only in collecting data from everywhere, but in their ability to correlate it, understand it and use it.

So far, I've never seen evidence that they have nefarious purposes or agendas. They are just very, very good at this. Far better than most people realize. And then throw in their DeepMind and other AI and deep learning efforts and abilities, along with their breadth of reach, and then you'll understand. It's almost impossible to totally hide from Google unless you are forever off grid or really know how to mask yourself. I use a few tools from work as well as a few others I've designed when I need/want to be in total stealth mode. Probably not 100% effective but definitely better than 99.99% of most.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Believe me, I understand exactly how NAT works. I've even said as much earlier...hence this whole thread.

Perhaps I'm not the one who needs a beer.

yet you talk about 10.x.x.x IPs like those are the ones google can see. log into your gmail account, check the security log. what does it say? 10.x.x.x my ass.

at best you got confused because of all the drama. at worst, you have no idea.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Perhaps I didnt explain it well enough, or perhaps you didn't read it well enough, but what I was trying to convey was the IP assigned to my router by the ISP, not the one assigned to my laptop. And, while Google shouldn't be able to recognize this address either, I've seen examples of where they can in fact do just that. So, either the ISP is sharing this address with them, or they're getting it some other way. Clearly Google will always be able to readily see the external IP from the ISP, but that should be it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
you have been zombified!!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Contact them and get it straightened out.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Maybe her gmail account was stolen. Can she change the password or is it already done by someone else.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You may be seeing 10.x.x.x addresses on the google network. Open the headers of an email sent though gmail.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
gmail headers

X-Received: by 10.202.181.10 with SMTP id xxxxxxxxxx
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 13:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from [192.168.x.x]

This email was sent through gmail from an email client on a computer here.

the 10.x.x.x is Google

The 192.168.x.x is the computer here, behind the router gateway, with NAT to a public address on the other side.
edit on 3/17/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When you create gmail account it links YouTube together,probably could link to other stuff also.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

When google bought out "you-toob" I noticed things like this happening, because I have more than 1 gmail and a more anonymous "you-toob" account...eventually YT would not let me use a fake name and forced me to use my real name...they also got rid of anonymous comments

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I'm not a cybersecurity expert, but I thought I would comment to add my thoughts anyway. Nobody's mentioned biometrics yet. If you're securing your device using a fingerprint reader or facial recognition, there's your identifying information right there. Even if you don't I'd guess there's still that possibility that your webcam is being activated without your knowledge, or that your microphone (or speakers)is being used to read your voiceprint. There are also your browsing habits to consider, that they are being profiled to identify you. I wouldn't be surprised to learn in a few years that all of our machines secretly have DNA analysis equipment in them. The technology does exist.

I'm pretty sure you've taken all the right precautions, but that doesn't mean that someone hasn't accessed your machine anyway. If I were the alphabet boys I would have exploits nobody knew about. That way all the IT people do all the right things and think they're safe, but I can still get in there whenever I want. I think if you can't do your own programming, you're vulnerable...period. Can you hear me in the back? Hehe, just kidding(not really).

As to the login, I think somebody's messing with you. Actually kind of nice of them, in a way, to let you know that you are still vulnerable. Somebody, googeypoop, alphabet guys, some random hacker, is letting you know that you're not as safe as you think you are. Creepy for sure, but such is the nature of the Orwellian society we find ourselves in today. I could tell you some stories, but the telling might be more than my life is worth. Suffice it to say I've been spooked before, and it is no fun at all.
edit on 18-3-2017 by TheBadCabbie because: edit

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It's getting weirder and weirder out here. I think they are forcing us to collate accounts and they are sifting until they get identities. Facial recognition here. I'm on my laptop and the flash goes off. Like a fingerprint for the activities I am doing or comments I am making. Twitter and google screwing with me to disallow my precious workAround to an old twitter account to use because my original was suspended. I attempted to input a google address to access twitter, but it defaults to a different email account not associated with a twitter account, thereby preventing my access.

For YouTube, I am forced to sign in to comment and it pulls up three email accounts for me to choose from and identifies a name for YouTube that used to sign up the YouTube and associated email accounts.

Pretty sure I am on red list and that the cast being built is to collate all information so that they have proof it is me. We may have another president, but I've been censored, and twitter heavily shadow banned. It is globalists gathering it. Redlisted folks eventually isolated and forced from being able to communicate with each other and, like Dems like to crow, should be offed. But I wear an iron pot on my head and think it's a good idea. Ready for them anytime, but they are winning in collection.

They can screw with us with algorithms and with their scum spies. Wtf. Secure our safety. That's what we pay you spooks to do. Bunch of pedophiles.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sorry I call BS on this

It's obvious that every suggestion we make, you are going to say 'defo not' '100%' couldn't have.

Either somebody has logged into that account (your Mom?) or you are lieing
edit on 18/3/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You were maybe logged in as your mothers Google account (gmail account), your Google account is your YouTube account too ;-)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join