It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is WEIRD!!! (VERY weird!!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Okay, so I'm sitting here at my computer surfing the net, and as usual one website leads to another. I wound up watching a video on you-toob about a Russian warship. The video quality was really bad so I scrolled down to the comments to see what others were saying about the same thing. This is when things got weird...REALLY WEIRD!!

Now what I'm about to say is 100% accurate, no mistakes, no oversights, nothing I forgot...this actually happened just as I characterize...

As I scroll down to the comments I see a comment box which says "You are commenting as (insert my Mom's name, first and last)". Huh?????

Okay, so first of all, I NEVER log into you-toob. Never. Never, never, never. I did have an account eons ago, but I've long since forgotten what the username and password is. I'm shocked to see I'm logged in as my mother. Mom is 92 years old...and she doesn't have a clue to what you-toob even is, how to get there...or even what to do if she accidentally did.

So next, I go up to the top of the page and sure enough, I see I'm actually logged into you-toob. WTH?? So I look to see what's in the user profile. I'm stunned to see mom's name ([email protected]) (note: I'm intentionally not typing her actual name for obvious reasons). WOW!

About a year ago I created a gmail for her, and that was the email address while visiting her. I did this on HER computer, not mine. While attempting to show her how to use the account it became quite apparent that she would be quite unable to use it successfully. Even though I'd tried to make it as simple as possible, there were just too many steps for her to keep track of. So I pretty much gave up the idea. To test the account I'd sent her some test emails from my phone. My phone is a work phone and is in no way connected to any of my personal accounts. I'd used my work email to send the tests, and my work email is a completely separate domain (connected to my work enterprise network). Since then I've not sent ANY email to the account I set up for her...and CERTAINLY not anything from my home laptop! Yet, all of a sudden I'm logged into you-toob as her...ON my personal laptop...at home! And there's even more!...

I started thinking about how this could be. For (obvious) security reasons I never use my real name on any of my personal computer equipment. Never. Anything I do related to work is done via highly secure VPN connections. There is absolutely no connection between my personal information and anything I do on my personal laptop. And certainly not anything which would lead to a connection like this being made between me and my mother. (she's 2,000 miles away, BTW). There's just no possible way!

I can say with absolute 100% certainty I have never even typed my mothers name into my laptop or any other personal device I own. 100% certain of this. I am only a member of (2) websites, and ATS is one of them. I do not have FailBook accounts or participate in any other social media.

I spoke with Mom and she said she hasn't even turned on her computer since I was there visiting. In fact, she said she doesn't even think it's working anymore because she said they (the ISP) sent her some kind of bill a long time ago and she doesn't think it was paid even (not good, I know, but it's what she said). So, she definitely hasn't been on-line.

So here I am, just blindly surfing the net when I stumble upon a you-toob video (about a Russian warship no less...something of zero interest to Mom) when I see, out of the blue, I'm logged into you-toob as her!! WTF????

Now, I know google is into some pretty serious data mining and the like (probably for the NSA and others), and I've heard of some crazy stuff before, but this one takes the cake! I work in electronic systems and network security, so I'm pretty savvy when it comes to personal information and the like. What happened simply CANNOT happen...AND, that it happened to me (of all people) scares the living crap out of me! It doesn't scare me because of myself personally, but rather how much information google must have about others who are not nearly as meticulous and careful as I am! The average person would not take nearly the measures I do...and yet this happened!

Seriously, that is REALLY spooky!!

Love to hear your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I, too, am an IT professional and can not think of a way that this could happen based on the information you have given.

It seems that you are insinuating that Google has automatically signed you in to YouTube, into your mother's account no less?

Are you sure it is not the account that you use for questionable adult only videos?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I've heard there is a new scam going around through gmail that will seize a person's entire profile. Is it possible she fell prey to that and that's how it wound up coming through to your laptop? I can't think it would be so good as to get access through to the computer that created the profile though.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixDescending

Nope...positive.

Besides, I would never be foolish enough to establish any account at all for watching adult content. There's plenty of other ways to see the same content without an account...if I was into that sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think your mom logged onto your laptop to check her email or something. That would explain it!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Im no expert or have 100% answer here but just wanna tell that once i had smart phone and tried to register couple useful programs like WhatsUp and their rules when you register takes all kinda of rights for your phone, your detailed infos, list of names/numbers in ur phone, text messages, videos/photos in the phone and so on and they could use em pretty much how ever they wish, now i do not have smart phone so i cannot check it out what is says word on word but these kind of things could lead all kind of unanswered things, even what you had experience, dunno why they would do it but i can tell my trust run out real fast with em.

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Your mother is a secret agent. Trust me.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So two things; first, she hasn't been on-line...at all. And second, there's absolutely zero personal information on my laptop to make the connection between me and her.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I totally buy it. I've had some really weird stuff like that happen as well. Google is the devil.

link   

I think she's been on YOUR laptop. Only logical explaination. And she's just lying to ya, doesn't want you to know she used your computer without your permission cause that could upset you.

Just my two cents.

link   
a reply to: geezlouise

My Mom is 2,000 miles away. She's never so much as even touched a piece of electronic hardware here.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You just said you had visited her.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Once again...

Mom has never even seen my laptop, let alone attempted to use it! Besides, it's locked down six ways from Sunday anyway. She'd never even get past the screen saver password (and that's just a start).

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
you done been haxxed son.

is your mom a russian hacker?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Not with my laptop. Just me.

Last time I checked osmosis doesn't work with computers! (...although I'm beginning to wonder now).

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Gotcha, lol.

You got something to hide tho?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

But you would have her info on your phone? and if thats like smart phone then it would have google all over it, again not expert since i do not even own one anymore and i had it like 2-3months before i got rid of it. Just find that agreement part when one registers with google or any of the side programs. At least that is within possibility they could do that kind of stuff, no idea why they would do it tho.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Nope, nothing at all, just don't feel like anyone should be subjected to having personal information revealed to the world.

And, now that I see this crazy development I hold that belief 10,000% more than I did before!

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

You got something to hide tho?

I hate that argument.

I mean, come on! We know everyone poops but that doesn't mean we want everyone to know when we poop, where we poop or how it all came out.
Just TMI. This is no different. It's creepy and invasive.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

No doubt. I could easily see if this would have happened on my phone! That would be a no-brainer. However, my home laptop is a far different matter! Completely separate networks, on two different domains. Never use one to log into the other...nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join