It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking :Shooting has taken place at French college in Grasse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Shooting has taken place at French college in Grasse, several injured: BFM TV, citing police sources

This has just been reported on sky news, i think its happened within the last half hr or so im not sure as there are no details yet. No other info to report on it at this time.

I hope this doesnt escalate.

Im sorry but i cant get the link to work properly when i copy paste it here. Its only being reported at www.dailystar.com.lb... at this time

edit on 16-3-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Shooting has taken place at French college in Grasse, several injured: BFM TV, citing police sources

This has just been reported on sky news, i think its happened within the last half hr or so im not sure as there are no details yet. No other info to report on it at this time.

I hope this doesnt escalate.

www.dailystar.com.lb... urces.ashx

Hmmm...wonder what this will turn out to be. Shootings in France are not common and typically terrorist related.

With the mail bomb going off as well I am thinking there is more to come.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yeah it seems France is a real hotspot for this kind of stuff just recently

edit on 16-3-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

And a terrorist alert warning issued.

Those pesky kids, nothing to see here, move along...

*waits for the usual deniers to appear*

www.express.co.uk...

edit on 16-3-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

There's been an incident in Paris as well :

Apparent Parcel Bomb Injures At Least 1 At IMF Offices

The authorities warned about possible further terror actions.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's being reported that this is occurring at a high school.

Perhaps one of the kids snapped?

Edit: This person on twitter says a 17yr old kid has been arrested.

twitter.com...
edit on 16-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

France is really in a dilemma. There comes a time when protecting your citizen's is more important than accepting an influx of refugees that makes it difficult to weed out radical Islamists. The entire ideology of Islam comes into question. If it drives believers to commit such evil, than eventually it will push countries like France into a corner. They will have no other choice but to stop accepting Islamic refugees.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
2 injured, 1 suspect on the run, heavely armed.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

twitter.com...

Extremely unlikely to be an American-style school shooting in France.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: introvert

twitter.com...

Extremely unlikely to be an American-style school shooting in France.

We don't know much as of now, but the link I provided stated a 17yr old kid was arrested and there may be another student involved.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
According to Fox: "The arrested student carried a rifle, two handguns and two grenades, a police source told Reuters, adding that the suspect was 17."

This is France, land of the "Gun Free" Zone, how was he able to get a rifle, 2 handguns and 2 grenades?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

You are misinformed, France has much less restrictive gun law than me here in the U.K, pistols being available legally much easier than here, rifles being easier to obtain legally.

Grenades though? reeks of black market

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

So sad that things like this happen.

edit on 16-3-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
From the BBC; Junior minister for victims Juliette Méadel said all students were safe. Does that mean that the shooter(s) were not students? What about the reports of injuries? Conflicting reports at this point.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
According to Fox: "The arrested student carried a rifle, two handguns and two grenades, a police source told Reuters, adding that the suspect was 17."

This is France, land of the "Gun Free" Zone, how was he able to get a rifle, 2 handguns and 2 grenades?

"Gun free zones" are only for law abiding citizens. That is why so many people defend the 2nd amendment. Keeps guns in the hands of law abiding citizens as well as criminals.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Unless the shooter qualify to own those weapons by French laws, most likely they are all bought from the Black Market or homemade. Since there is no carry laws in France just having them assembled and on person, he is breaking many laws. So no laws actually stop this kid with intent to do harm.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Oh I fully agree that any current or future gun restriction laws would do nothing to stop attacks like this, I'm not a fan of bureaucratic restriction, I just don't want people assuming falsehoods as fact. Such a you saying there is no carry law in France, while its barely any good, there is a law that allows for a permit for the carry of a handgun and up to 50 rounds, but only for people believed to be at risk such as in a risky job/area.

Its not great, its practically useless, but its still a fact that negates the statement 'no carry laws'

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Jeez grenades? So lucky more lives were not lost.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Always covering up for the bad guys?? Most French teenagers don't have grenades laying around. This evil that is Islam has used women, children, and even dogs in the past. We must wake up to these facts. Enjoy your diversity Holland! a reply to: introvert

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Grasse, the college Drake went to after De Grasses High.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join