It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still going Strong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It seems Empires rise and fall, terrorists get created then obliterated, yet meanwhile ATS manages to make it through the madness (thankfully to the right decision off the staff and the fate of the users). Since its birth the forums had changed their ways many times, and this is one of the things which in my opinion kept the board alive.

And here I am becoming curious for the future of ATS. Thus I'll pop this up. It's two questions. The first is for the staff and the second for the other Orc like me:

-Staff, how you imagine the development of ATS? Do you prepare something in near future? Changes? Ideas? What's in your sleeve?

-Fellow ATS Orcs(most honorable expression) what's your opinion on the current board shape and condition? What you would like to keep and what you would advice the owners to develop/change in order to help the community?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

I have wondered at the coding requirements to add a forum filter when browsing through the new, live, archive, and recent tabs up top there. Like check boxes to ignore anything from Mud Pit, or to see only the mud pit threads as an example.

Kind of like when you go to walmart or your preferred online bullion dealer and you only want to see laptops under $400 or silver 10 ounces up by checking a box?? It would sure eliminate some of the whiny threads complaining about how ATS is not what it used to be. It would also be easier for me to get a top listing of the type of content I want to see and filter out the mud and dirt so to speak.

As an example, lets say in the past three days there were a handful of great fragile earth and ufo threads, but they got drowned out of the lists by more "wah wah, Trump said this or that" and "Trump said this or that, # yea Trump!" threads. Well, by checking off to leave out mudpit, and selecting fragile earth and UFO's, now I can see all the threads that would have been missed if I did not make that window of time where it normally would have been noticed.

Thats just something I was thinking about, and have no idea if it is even feasable on a website in this format. I think though, that would fix a lot of griping without having to remove or add this or that under claims of censorship. Thats about it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hey WSC,

There is a function under MyATS that allows you to choose favorite forums.

You can use it to see what is happening in your favorite forums.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Now if we can just get people to stop posting comments about ATS we may actually get somewhere with all the other topics!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I get that, but it only lists the top 5 threads. It would not display those hidden gems that were forced down before they could get enough flags to show up in that list.

I mean I pretty much ignore most of the mud anyways, but I have to really dig to see what I missed from a day or two prior. With the filter in place, I could see however many threads would fill the list for some time back even, regardless if it received 30 flags or 1.

I mean I guess the filter between conspiracy and off-topic is ok ... but the conspiracy ones especially get flooded with Trump nonsense pretty quick.

For instance, I know there were at least three fragile earth threads in the last 2 two days, but that falls under conspiracy so its flooded out of the recent threads in no time.

eh well, I do manually visit the forums anyways so I suppose it not that big a deal. Most of the members don't have the brain capacity to think of that though, and instead some will make a rant or thread bout how disappointed they are with their grievances about how allegedly the site and what it used to be.

NONSENSE! But a filter may shut them up is all im saying. Like button instead of just those two, it could be a drop down arrow like the one for our member menu bar, but with the buttons for most the forums to select what you want to see.

Hey look, its not like I am complaining, but someone asked for ideas, and I just threw one out there.
edit on 3-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would warmly welcome a filter function too...

I really don't come here to discuss US politics, and it would be great to have the ability to implement a filter to remove those topics.

And those who love their politics could go about their business without me having to dig through a million threads popping up.

I would like that, for one.

BT

new topics

top topics

join