It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Times at Mojave 3-15-17

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: arcnaver

No, but Mojave isn't an active civilian airport. Military aircraft go into civilian airports as necessary, but those are active airports. Other than the Test Pilot School, Mojave only sees limited use and doesn't have the facilities to support aircraft coming through for no specific reason.

Its primary purpose is storage and disassembly of retired commercial aircraft, as well as testing and launching space related activities for Virgin Galactic and Orbital.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Which it's not. What it is, I can't say beyond that though.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah it's a hell of a zoom on that camera.

very impressive.

That video blows me away. The ZOOM clarity is as good as what traffic helicopters are capable of. Even more impressive is how you're able to keep the subject in the video, while zoomed in. WOW. Thank-you Grey580!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: nelloh62

No, I didn't even see that one until I zoomed in. These two are there for a reason. Something is flying around the area in early evening, and for some reason is using non-traditional chase aircraft out of a civilian airport.

Hey, I personally saw something similar here just a few days ago. Two fighter jets took off out of TIA heading north. I got wonderful view too, if I had that p900 lens it would have been great. I was going to look for my phone, but knew there was no way I would catch it if I did not go out asap. Been here most my life for 29 years, never seen or heard fighter jets take off out of the airport. the base is 5 miles south with an open bay on its back. Why for in the airport??

There was no mention of it either on the news. Should I be concerned??
edit on 3-19-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

No. It's not common, but they stop at airports sometimes and buy fuel. It helps make sure they use up their budget for the year, and saves their fuel stock somewhat.
edit on 3/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So the two planes are F18 and Project 400 on the tarmac?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

No, it's an F-18, 400, and something else. All I could get out of anyone was "not F-18 related".

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
OK, here's your conspiracy theory for ya:

The Navy is testing a new aircraft.
1. That air craft is of Northrop design as evidenced by what looks like initially as largely spaced canted tail planes of a single aircraft, much like the YF-23 had.

2. The upcoming air show at China Lake forced this new aircraft to leave where it is usually tested to Mojave. Home of Northrop's Scaled Composites facility where they had hanger space to house the craft until it could return to China Lake.

3. The Navy is using two seater F-18's as chase for the new aircraft since it is a Navy project and would use F-18's as opposed to the usual F-16 seen at Edwards.

4. The Navy has been really dragging it's feet on the whole MQ-25 project. This new aircraft is why. The MQ-25 would take away funding as well as needed carrier deck space from this aircraft that might have a stealth bomber and/or tanker mission.

5. They only flew after dark. They had the craft in a hanger but had to bring it out before total darkness to prep for flight. The Moon rises a little before 11pm last night.

I live up at china lake about 100 feet from the base fence and see a lot of the aircraft they fly and my brother works on base and sees some i miss.
I have seen a f-35 Joint Strike Fighter flying lately.
But its been years since i have seen anything like the MQ-25 Stingray.
Also the navy has plenty of hanger space at china lake to store anything they don't want seen during a airshow.
As for military fighter type aircraft at Mojave Air and Space port there are sometimes military aircraft owned and flown by aircraft manufacturers as chase planes for tests at both Edwards and China Lake that use mojave as a home during test cycles.

There are over 60 aircraft companies operating out of mojave Air and Space port and i don't believe there is much spare hanger space there.
And the brits are flying out of china lake doing there own test programs that they can not do in the UK. as i saw a couple of them at the store today

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

The problem isn't storing the aircraft during the airshow, it's the fact that they can't fly them during the show. There are too many "foreign" units and people there. They start arriving the Wednesday before the show and leave the Monday and Tuesday after. So they essentially lose a full five days of flight time.

Yes, military aircraft do sometimes go into Mojave, but here we have an aircraft that's not an F-18, but is similar, is not an F-35, and is sitting outside the hangar of a company that does rapid prototyping work.

His theory fits as well as anything else.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
From some angles it almost looks like a Su-27, but the rear stabilizers are seemingly canted outward with no space between the engines.

Is the aircraft on the left of this photo:

s1148.photobucket.com...

The same as the one in question?

Sometimes it looks similar to some Korean KF-X versions, but this seems unlikely. Also looks similar to TAI TFX concepts, also unlikely.

I'm going with F/A-18E (with some weird perspectives going on) or Super-duper Hornet. Is a foreign aircraft also a possibility?
edit on 21/3/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Is this the aircraft we are on about ? If so, this is about as clear as I can get it if it helps.

imgur.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Sorry, this is the image i wanted to post.

imgur.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There *could be* pew pew pew involved I suppose. Depending on the plane.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Oh yeah....i wonder how they would produce enough power for PewPew. ......i wonder.....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Okay I did some more sleuthing:

First:
BAE SYSTEMS has a facility there as well, they also have recently had job vacancies:

www.baesystems.jobs...

BAE Systems Delivers Its 300th F-4 Flying Drone for U.S. Air Force

The QF-4 work is conducted at BAE Systems’ 123,000-square-foot hangar in Mojave, California. Approximately 100 employees provide a range of services to transform decommissioned F-4s into QF-4s, a complex process that typically takes about six months. Depending on the condition of the F-4s, the services may include systems engineering and integration; electrical, mechanical, and software engineering; and various types of structural alterations.

www.baesystems.com...

This article was dated 2012, I was under the impression that QF-4 drone program was completed and is now moving onto QF-16 at other locations?

Currently home to more than 60 companies engaged in flight development to light industrial to highly advanced aerospace design, flight test and research and even heavy rail industrial manufacturing, Mojave Air and Space Port and industrial park might very well be a future destination for your business.

www.mojaveairport.com...

Second:

The aircraft are seemingly parked outside of building 62. Google Maps identifies building 78 as being Scaled Composites. Google Street View (images from 2008) shows building 66 with gigantic BAE SYSTEMS sign on it. However the BAE Systems hangar where the QF-4 drone conversions took place seems to have taken in building 210[1][2][3]. So they seem to be parked close to Scaled Composites (Northrop Grumman building).

Third:

Mojave Space Port website has a F/A-18F pictured here, probably in the same spot:

www.mojaveairport.com...

On the location gallery here there is a picture of two F-16's parked in the same location:

www.mojaveairport.com...

In this picture there are 7 Super Hornets parked at Mojave:
www.mojaveairport.com...

In this picture there is a Super Hornet being refuelled at Mojave:
www.mojaveairport.com...

JetA is available 0700 to 1700:
www.mojaveairport.com...

F-16's at Mojave:
www.airliners.net...//icy4UkGhu7QfaQz%2Bw2qwoEiXRZi sVIf7eEG4e27I3cFxMfvZak8AjCym/4ZBI6ZPht1L4LqYrfN/0DirjFBf4oXGYI5NVuly7tnXIUe1emghkcmOWZBJw%2Bg8Nokckmev%2BePz1hxR9njR0BcOU00x1RYymGfv%2BB8zYNXg%3D

It seems like fighter aircraft, USAF and USN, have been parked at that approximate location at Mojave before.

Fourth:

Mojave has a restaurant very close to the right (in this image) of the control tower.

It is called Voyager Restaurant and is open 7 AM - 3 PM on Fridays. The aircraft would probably be visible from the restaurant. The restaurant is also open every day. In addition, anyone would probably be able to see the aircraft taxi from here, unless it has changed in the previous several years.

Honestly except for the oddities in the photos of the fighter on the left, everything seems relatively normal for a Super Hornet visit. It also seems like a silly place to park a secret aircraft (unless it's not very secret at all) given it's probably in view of the resturant that everyone from the apparent 60 companies that are based there eat at.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If this is the aircraft im beginning to believe it is than i wouldnt be surprised if they did park it there briefly. It may also have overflown a major southern california city in daytime a little over year ago. Wasnt so high up either.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Why do you say that?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

As I said before, the aircraft weren't there earlier in the day. We went by about 10 am, and where they were parked was the Model 400. At some point between 10, and about 1630-1700, it was moved over and room was made for these aircraft. There's no way to know they were there when it was open, but they weren't there until around lunchtime at the very earliest.

Yes there have been military aircraft through there, both for testing and for assisting with testing at Edwards and Plant 42. They've even fueled there, but it's not nearly as common as at other airports.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I dunno. But whatever it was i saw had the ass of a f23 but wasnt. Had the trapazoidal wings of a f23 but wasnt. Had a longer fuselage in front of the wing roots. It looked like an overgrown but very bad ass looking fighterjet.

My advice is to ignore me i add nothing useful to these conversations and threads anyways.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
Okay I did some more sleuthing:

First:
BAE SYSTEMS has a facility there as well, they also have recently had job vacancies:

www.baesystems.jobs...

BAE Systems Delivers Its 300th F-4 Flying Drone for U.S. Air Force

The QF-4 work is conducted at BAE Systems’ 123,000-square-foot hangar in Mojave, California. Approximately 100 employees provide a range of services to transform decommissioned F-4s into QF-4s, a complex process that typically takes about six months. Depending on the condition of the F-4s, the services may include systems engineering and integration; electrical, mechanical, and software engineering; and various types of structural alterations.

www.baesystems.com...

This article was dated 2012, I was under the impression that QF-4 drone program was completed and is now moving onto QF-16 at other locations?

Currently home to more than 60 companies engaged in flight development to light industrial to highly advanced aerospace design, flight test and research and even heavy rail industrial manufacturing, Mojave Air and Space Port and industrial park might very well be a future destination for your business.

www.mojaveairport.com...

Second:

The aircraft are seemingly parked outside of building 62. Google Maps identifies building 78 as being Scaled Composites. Google Street View (images from 2008) shows building 66 with gigantic BAE SYSTEMS sign on it. However the BAE Systems hangar where the QF-4 drone conversions took place seems to have taken in building 210[1][2][3]. So they seem to be parked close to Scaled Composites (Northrop Grumman building).

Third:

Mojave Space Port website has a F/A-18F pictured here, probably in the same spot:

www.mojaveairport.com...

On the location gallery here there is a picture of two F-16's parked in the same location:

www.mojaveairport.com...

In this picture there are 7 Super Hornets parked at Mojave:
www.mojaveairport.com...

In this picture there is a Super Hornet being refuelled at Mojave:
www.mojaveairport.com...

JetA is available 0700 to 1700:
www.mojaveairport.com...

F-16's at Mojave:
www.airliners.net...//icy4UkGhu7QfaQz%2Bw2qwoEiXRZi sVIf7eEG4e27I3cFxMfvZak8AjCym/4ZBI6ZPht1L4LqYrfN/0DirjFBf4oXGYI5NVuly7tnXIUe1emghkcmOWZBJw%2Bg8Nokckmev%2BePz1hxR9njR0BcOU00x1RYymGfv%2BB8zYNXg%3D

It seems like fighter aircraft, USAF and USN, have been parked at that approximate location at Mojave before.

Fourth:

Mojave has a restaurant very close to the right (in this image) of the control tower.

It is called Voyager Restaurant and is open 7 AM - 3 PM on Fridays. The aircraft would probably be visible from the restaurant. The restaurant is also open every day. In addition, anyone would probably be able to see the aircraft taxi from here, unless it has changed in the previous several years.

Honestly except for the oddities in the photos of the fighter on the left, everything seems relatively normal for a Super Hornet visit. It also seems like a silly place to park a secret aircraft (unless it's not very secret at all) given it's probably in view of the resturant that everyone from the apparent 60 companies that are based there eat at.

I agree with this assessment. I've looked at all the photos under an extreme microscope and all I see are 2 Hornets and the 400. The gold hue eminatimg from the cockpit appears to be chromatic aberration. Highly doubtful that the Navy would bring a black budgeted SAP to an unsecured facility like Mojave for any reason and just leave it out in the open like that. I do believe the navy is working on a project similar to what has been mentioned previously in this thread, but I don't think this is it. Ymmv.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join