It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Times at Mojave 3-15-17

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I feel like this one comes together so much more easily than either of the 2014 sightings did. There, we pretty clearly saw a pair of deep black airframes.

Here, if it is what I think it might be, the open existence of the AMARG RCS mock-up could almost make this into more of a gray project that you were lucky enough to see in the flesh.

There just seems to be a lot more readily-connectible dots here compared to the two earlier sightings.

I wonder if it's just a random demonstrator that you caught at a truly opportune moment and heads are rolling as we speak, or if it's an F-117 in 1987 sort of deal where they're being lazier about basing/operating it where it can be seen because a public reveal is imminent.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

And that right there is the million dollar question. I guess we'll find out in the near future hopefully.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That it is, indeed. It's going to be a long few years, for sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
You need a Nikon Coolpix P900

83x zoom.

Nice pics.

P

That thing is bad ass---You can see raised craters on the moon with that thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm sending Sam the raw images of the aircraft over Barstow from yesterday for him to tinker with. The first one looks like a normal Hornet, but again, the second one was kind of hard to see, so I'm hoping he can tweak out a few details.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

*Fingers crossed for a planform*

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It looks like the first one is the NASA F-18.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

NASA F-18:

Now that one's a little different. Could be the altitude but it was definitely smaller than the NASA F-18 with how much I had to zoom in and tweek it:

edit on 17-3-2017 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

With the brightness on my phone's AMOLED screen cranked up, those lower images really don't look like an F-18.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It looks almost like a Delta.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ditto. It reminds me a ton of a Draken. Wasn't someone flying those in that area at one point?

That was always my millionaire fantasy aircraft. Maybe it was a decade of driving two Saabs and the fact that I still miss my 2000 9-5 Aero more than any other car I own or have owned, but those early supersonic swedes will always hold a special place in my heart.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The test pilot school at Mojave had 6 at one point, but I don't think any are still flying. One is on display in good shape there, at least one, I think two more are in pretty bad shape or are at least partially disassembled. They don't have them listed on their aircraft list anymore either.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That's what I was thinking of, and that's a friggin shame to hear. There was a time, it seemed, when you could get a Draken for not much more than an L-39, and I'd bet the (dry) fuel burn and handling for the Draken wasn't too different from an L-39. Heck, you might be able to get yourself into MORE trouble with the Albatross than with the Draken.

If TPS aren't flying them, they either belong in the hands of someone who can/will, or in a museum.

What else might it be? The quiet boom demonstrator can't be flying already, is it? (No, it's direct parent known for her color that's especially fitting for this day doesn't count)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The one on display is really pretty. I have pictures of it somewhere.

I wish I had gotten it focused better, or had my new lens. It's hard to get an idea of the actual planform. I can't tell what it could be honestly.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Who has the F-16XL?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

They're in storage at Edwards supposedly. NASA talked to Lockheed about returning #1 to flight and went so far as to taxi test it in 2007. They would have upgraded to Block 40.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Excellent analysis!
I have to clean myself again.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

Ditto. It reminds me a ton of a Draken. Wasn't someone flying those in that area at one point?

That was always my millionaire fantasy aircraft. Maybe it was a decade of driving two Saabs and the fact that I still miss my 2000 9-5 Aero more than any other car I own or have owned, but those early supersonic swedes will always hold a special place in my heart.

Kinda looks like one of ATAC's F-21 Kfir aggressors?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes that's what I said a few pages back yesterday, and I too concluded the link with Northrop/Scaled Composites. Couple this with those somewhat odd comments General Bogdan made in Australia a few weeks back about getting the right mix of F-35's and Advanced Super Hornets and the reduced RCS "Franken Hornet" at AMARG and it does make sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It being a civilian airport is probably not the best reason why they shouldn't be there. The local crop dusting airport near me has military visitors all the time, especially Apache's. I believe they come and fuel up and likely do other things while they're there.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join