It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Times at Mojave 3-15-17

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So we went by the Mojave Air and Space Port twice today, and both times proved to be rather interesting. The first time, I couldn't get pictures, but the Virgin Galactic Hangar, where they're building their super large launcher aircraft had the center door rolled up about 20 feet or so. Not really enough to see into the hangar sadly. It also looked like the Model 400 was out on the ramp, by Scaled Composites.

The second time by, I got pictures, and things got more interesting. I was randomly snapping pictures of the planes stored there, and found a couple visitors. And they're actively playing with something, because one of them was preparing to fly. Not long after we passed Edwards, after it was full dark, two aircraft were flying over the area East of Edwards, one was pretty brightly lit, the other was pretty dim. They were circling each other, with a couple miles between the aircraft.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You need a Nikon Coolpix P900

83x zoom.

Nice pics.

P

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Love the drive up CA-58. You never know what you're going to see flying around out there. Was just through there the other day on my way to deliver in Stockton. Didn't see anything this time, though.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm getting more lens in the next few weeks. I have to get it shipped to someone's house, since I'm never home, and they've been away. Once they get back, I'm getting a new lens that will get me closer.

Of course, the best pictures are also not posted here, as they're still being run through enhancement to get a better feel for some of the details in them.
edit on 3/16/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

I ran up there one day just before dawn and caught the B-21 heading back to Palmdale.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I too have seen the B-21 flying around out there. If I'm in the area, I usually stop at the Pilot in Boron. Have spent many nights staring up at the night sky out there.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

That's the perfect place to stop if you can get a spot. They go just about right over it heading back to Plant 42.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yea, but you have to get there early. I try to get a spot near the power lines to the rear of the fuel islands, that way when I walk to the back of my trailer, the trucks block out a little bit of the light. I love that part of California.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I hate stopping there after about lunchtime. I hate California in general, but there are some interesting sightings here.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
(Jedi handwave)
This is not an aircraft you're looking for. You want to go home and rethink your life

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Interesting .

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

What had me laughing my ass off, is that this was just driving past the airport. We take trips and hunt these things and don't ever get this close. Then I just go tooling by the airport, not a care in the world, and "oh, look at that". Heh.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Sorry guys, what are you seeing? As a power generation person im seeing the wind turbines!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Used to do construction in the area for years,we would stay the week in a motel,lot's of crazy stuff out there,lot's of secret areas,strange things in sky,saw SR-1 leave for Smithsonian,back in the early 90's

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Think they are F18s in front of the big hangar..Superbugs?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Look in front of the Scaled Composites hangar, the big Brown one.

Those aren't supposed to be there.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yup thats what I was looking at.Two big fins that i thought were A7,s parked side by side .Couldnt really tell due to the resolution but ran it through a median filter and saw what looks like folded wingtips.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Sam is playing with them a little to try to improve the resolution on them. There is a third aircraft there too that's sitting aft end to the camera making it really hard to see.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Sorry I'm not getting it either. I see what look like a pair of Hornets (maybe F-22's) but its hard to tell. Why shouldn't they be there?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Because the Mojave Air and Space port is a civilian airport and storage yard. It's not military. And they were going to be there at least overnight, with one getting ready to fly shortly after those were taken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join