It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little info on Fukushima the old story that is not going away in our life times

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A rather long article about Fukushima and the effects it is having on marine life and the Pacific. If only 10% correct then what a mess this has gotten the whole world into.. Others might say why isn't the world going and assisting Japan in their efforts to stop the radiation spewing into the ocean at a rate of hundreds of Tons EVERY DAY /// As the man incharge of decommissioning Fuku said, "The technology does not exist."

This dead sea lion showed extremely high levels of radiation near its heart and liver. The Pacific Ocean is dying at an alarming rate, and no one seems to notice it, or, they simply put on the blinders and embrace abject denial.

Stories we keep hearing about Pacific die offs which in some cases are labeled conspiracies just might not be fake news after all ? I like the experts blaming all the die offs on global warming... great tie in they have there !
www.anonews.co...

The head of the National Cancer Research Center in Japan, reported in Feb, 2015, that Cancer rates have skyrocketed by 6,000% and that it was being “swept under the rug.”[20] It must be global warming causing this unprecedented rise in Cancer rates eh? In Jan, 2015, Japan’s nuclear regulator approved TEPCO’s ingenious plan to simply drain waste-water into the ocean.[21]

en.wikipedia.org...
www.world-nuclear.org...
www.psr.org...

By Steven Starr

The destruction of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in March 2011, caused by an earthquake and subsequent tsunami, resulted in massive radioactive contamination of the Japanese mainland. In November 2011, the Japanese Science Ministry reported that long-lived radioactive cesium had contaminated 11,580 square miles (30,000 sq km) of the land surface of Japan. Some 4,500 square miles – an area almost the size of Connecticut – was found to have radiation levels that exceeded Japan’s allowable exposure rate of 1 mSV (millisievert) per year.

About a month after the disaster, on April 19, 2011, Japan chose to drastically increase its official “safe” radiation exposure levels[ii] from 1 mSv to 20 mSv per year – 20 times higher than the US exposure limit. This allowed the Japanese government to downplay the dangers of the fallout and avoid evacuation of many badly contaminated areas.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

In a stark reminder of the challenge facing the Japanese authorities, Akira Ono conceded that the stated goal of decommissioning the plant by 2051 may be impossible without a giant technological leap.

enenews.com... ontamination-large-areas-oceans-officials-molten-fuel-particle
enenews.com... decreased-radiation-levels-school-100-times-normal-video
www.japantimes.co.jp...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

In recent weeks, millions of North Pacific krill, a species of tiny crustacean that makes up a crucial part of the ocean’s food chain, have washed up along the shores of Northern California and Oregon—the largest die-off that’s ever recorded in the region.

The majority of the krill washed ashore on beaches across a 250-mile stretch from Newport, Ore. to McKinleyville, Calif. from June 16 to 18. Biologist David Anderson of the Redwood National and State Parks told the Associated Press that, during that time, so many krill were beached on the park’s shore that it formed a mile-long pink band.

According to Joe Tyburczy, a marine ecologist leading the investigation into the die-off with the California Sea Grant Extension, the culprit for the widespread stranding could be that the animals were engaged in a large mating swarm that was slammed into the coastline by a strong shift in wind direction.

Humm any possibility except the poisoning of the Pacific must be at fault ? OK I am not screaming run for the hills, I just found the article interesting with regards to the possibilities and maybe some of you will too..
youtu.be... is about the findings of radiation in the Blue fin Tuna... But experts say no problem.. I don't like see food anyway so no problem (sarc)

youtu.be...

Record rads being monitored at places that did not see these figures even before the nuclear test ban treaty.. No problem I don't like to breath or experience a cool rain shower upon my face..(sarc)

Anyway this stuff about the pacific food chain (and the rest of the world), as the government agencies say, is nothing we should be concerned with.. Apparently no one can do anything about it anyway so why worry, just be blissfully happy.

edit on Sat Mar 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You know, I was listening to some pundits talking about some political issue, don't remember the particulars, and one of the guys said "We're still not sure if this is going to be a Chernobyl or a mere Fukushima." I stopped in my tracks and I thought I was going to fall over... A "mere" Fukushima? Really? Lol... I think the way they try to downplay the scope of Fukushima is "cute," I really do.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yes it will take 70yrs to clean up and that's being generous, now here is the crazy part, they are moving ppl back into some surrounding villages and towns, infested with thousands of radiated wild boars, I mean who in their right mind thought that's a great idea.
edit on 15-3-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
If anyone can make that technological leap, its Japan! It will take time, but they will solve the problem, I believe that. I have not been to the Pacific coast since '08. I cannot testify first hand whether some of the reports are exaggerations or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The lack of information being shared with the public is very concerning. I live on the west coast (Seattle) and I gotta wonder what is/has made its way over here.. I can only imagine how truly bad it really is..

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I followed the original thread here on ATS for a long time. It was/is obvious that they (The Japanese) government is lying and down playing the severity of the situation.

It hasn't gone away, just pushed away from the media's attention. This should also be alarming because I believe this also shows a collaboration between all of the countrues/elite to down play the situation.

It should be top priority to try to solve this situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Naw, they are wearing out the earth.....

The Earth is wearing out like a garment.....Scripturally

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The Pacific ocean is dead, its just a matter of time a to when
It cant and wont ever be cleaned up by mankind, the whole system is destroyed

They bang on about global warming and over population but they are non issues.
Fukashima will kill the ocean

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I can only imagine how truly bad it really is..

Its not like the pacific ocean is blockaded..any and every university or dude with a geiger counter can walk down and do their own tests.

I think imagination may make it far worse than what it is. Lets look for reports from actual people with some science background that are actively doing transparent tests before calling the world dead. Lets keep in mind on the whole scope of things, fukushima is a tiny building amid a vast ocean..saying a meltdown can nuke a entire ocean is illogical just from a scope perspective. Keep in mind, you can dismiss the Japanese government, but can you dismiss china, Russia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, Australia, etc? lots of places in the Pacific

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You guys keep posting threads on this one, please !!!

Its far worse than most reports are indicating, there's 1m-2m hole in floor of the containment vessel on No.2.
TEPCO knew better and so did G.E.

Buck

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

They are building containment PONDS, containment ponds, thats their plan, their only plan containment ponds
Radiation is not a tiny building in Fukashima amongst a vast ocean

And yes we can dismiss every person on earth, there is no plan and can probably never be one

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

They are building containment PONDS, containment ponds, thats their plan, their only plan containment ponds

And yes we can dismiss every person on earth, there is no plan and can probably never be one

If you want to believe every nation and institute is lying to you, but random anon sources online is real, thats your decision. I dont think I would like to have that outlook personally, but if thats your gig, have at it.

as far as retention ponds are concerned...will it work? I am not a nuclear scientist, so I dont know..but given I wont hazard a guess given my qualifications, I will also not accept other people unless they are qualified to weigh in on it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

If you want to believe every nation and institute is lying to you, but random anon sources online is real, thats your decision. I dont think I would like to have that outlook personally, but if thats your gig, have at it.

as far as retention ponds are concerned...will it work? I am not a nuclear scientist, so I dont know..but given I wont hazard a guess given my qualifications, I will also not accept other people unless they are qualified to weigh in on it.

Well what are they doing.
Just explain what they are doing at Fuku to fix it, there are no lies because nothing is happening, nothing at all, they are not hiding they are doing anything, they cant.

I dont believe anyone is lying about anything, no body is lying about what they are doing, even the Japs are saying they are building containment ponds, nothing else
www.google.com.au...=fukushima+containment+ponds&tbm=nws&*

Nobodys lying because nobody is doing anything, nobody can

See this
www.theguardian.com...
I quote from source "Masuda can point to lower radiation levels in and around the plant, better conditions for its 1,200 Tepco staff " March 2016

Then this
hotair.com...

"The radiation level in the containment vessel of reactor 2 at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 power plant has reached a maximum of 530 sieverts per hour, the highest since the triple core meltdown in March 2011, Tokyo Electric Power Co. Holdings Inc. said…"
"We should not be surprised if even higher radiation levels are found there, but only actual measurements will tell."
March 2017

But all thats irrelevant because I believe lies, what lies do I believe Saturn??? Please tell me.
Can you show me what else is being done other than containment. Remember containment will last as long as another wave that will wash it all out to sea, what is being done Saturn

Its all rooted

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Does anybody remember the "No Nukes!" movement of the '70s and '80s? I guess they were right all the time. Why didn't we learn to listen to the hippies when we had the chance? They were right about just about everything!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Well I am not challenging they are doing retention ponds. I didn't say they aren't, I am wondering how well it will work.

I say lie as in lie by ommision...as in government knows something but aren't saying, from US to Japan and all around the pacific..all governments are in a coverup.
that seems highly unlikely..hell, China would love to endlessly hammer Japan

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

All I want to get across is that Fukushima is stuffed and it's going to bleed out into the environment and I am 100% sure nobody can do nothing about it ever, ever...

The only people saying its under control is TEPCO and they have to lie
Nobody nowhere is saying it can be cleaned up

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Why didn't we learn to listen to the hippies when we had the chance? They were right about just about everything!

Because they were lefty Hippies whose time had passed, out was the weed and in was the coke, greed was good I think they called it the "me" generation, ain't no body had time for some long haired freaky ppl.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
enenews.com... s-tissue-alarming-death-rates-vid

KTVU, Aug 12, 2016 (emphasis added): Sea lions are contracting and dying from cancer, at alarming rates in their uro/genital tracts, most often among the females. “We are concerned that it is such a high incidence. It’s 19 or so percent in this particular population of California sea lions which is very unusual for any mammal,” says Dr. Padraig Duignan, Chief Pathologist at the Marine Mammal Center… “So, usually when you see a severe disease outbreak like this, in wildlife, there’s some big underlying problem,” adds Dr. Cara Field, a rehabilitation veterinarian… “Certainly understanding why they get it and what the contributing factors are and ‘do these contributing factors represent a risk to us?’ is critically important for us in understanding what other risks there may be for us as well as other animals,” says Dr. Field.

enenews.com... s-some-had-pus-all-over-their-body-official-wit

ANTHC – LEO Network, Nov 28, 2016: Chefornak, Alaska; White Fish (C. nelsonii) with Saprolegnia Fungus — Observation: Pus found on white fish (Coregonus nelsonii) from Chakchak, Alaska. More than 75% of white fish caught with under ice net had pus on them. We checked total of 4 nets and we caught 52 total white fish. Only 12 fish had no pus on them. Other people were seeing the same pus on the fish. I’ve never seen these kind of pus since I started setting nets about 8 years ago. I don’t think people are eating the fish. Some white fish had pus all over their body… LEO says: … [If] you observe several fish with the same condition, we would begin to question if there is an environmental or other cause. In this instance with so many fish showing evidence of illness, environmental conditions are a possible factor that can contribute to this condition.

enenews.com... nts-plague-west-coast-scientist-felt-like-i-was-doing-not

The Press Democrat, Dec 25, 2016 (emphasis added): Ocean changes upend North Coast fisheries… once reliable ocean rhythms have been seriously unsettled of late, confounding those who depend on predictable, seasonal cycles… a symptom of widespread marine anomalies that have prevailed for the past three years, threatening everything from seabirds and sea lions to treasured catches such as salmon and abalone. “The ocean is changing,” one glum crabber aboard the vessel New Horizon said… Irregularity “is starting to look like the new normal,” he said… Evidence of starvation in abalone populations prompted authorities to impose new restrictions in the sport abalone fishery next year to limit the catch. The commercial red urchin fishery is suffering, as well… Meanwhile, the commercial salmon harvest, California’s most valuable ocean fishery, continues to suffer, with spawning populations reduced significantly… Mass-starvation events have hit a spectrum of other West Coast marine wildlife, mostly due to the collapse of food chains… Large dieoffs of Cassin’s auklets, a tiny seabird, were first noticed when dead birds began washing ashore in fall of 2014. A year later, it was malnourished and dead common murres that were found adrift. Juvenile California sea lions, Guadalupe fur seals and other marine mammals have suffered for several years, as well, both from starvation and, to a lesser extent, from domoic acid poisoning.

join