It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bucket List Destinations 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Revised my approach, but still sticking to the theme of relatively unknown natural wonders. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Part 1

The Tianzi Mountains - China

The inspiration for the scenery in James Cameron's movie Avatar. These pictures barely do it justice but i wanted to show you the scale of the mountain's. A lot more pictures here. Dubbed "Nature's Skycrapers", these mountains cover an area of 67 sq kms providing a breathtaking view of peaks which rises like a pillar through out the area. At the highest peak about 4,140 ft. Some more interesting facts and lore.

Cat Island - Japan

This is a Nature's Wonder right? For all you cat lovers out there. Only one of a dozen cat islands, the tiny island of Aoshima has over 120 stray cats, which outnumber humans 6 to 1. More pictures here. All of the cats are incredibly beautiful and seem really healthy. They're obviously thriving here and i can only imagine the number of cats rising. Must be fun to be a cat here. Even more pictures.

Li River - China

I'm not sure how many times i can use the word 'breathtaking' but in this instance, it is definately appropriate. Not to be mistaken with the just as equally beautiful Halong Bay (you should click) in Vietnam, both of these beautiful landscapes look like a scene straight from Jurrasic Park or King Kong. More Pictures of Li River

Lençóis Maranhenses - Brazil

I would assume this is how other planets in the universe could look like. Sweeping white sand dunes stretch as far as the eye and the imagination can see creating a surreal landscape with thousands of fresh water lagoons. Note the tiny people for scale, simply mind-blowing. More pictures.

Darvaza Gas Crater - Turkmenistan

Known locally as the 'Door to Hell'. This natural gas field collapsed into a crater the size of an American football field 40 years ago. Scientists lit it on fire to stop the methane gas from spreading, but it has been on fire ever since. Not sure how safe it would be but I would love to camp for a night here. Some information and pictures.

Zhangye Danxia - China

Rainbow Mountain 2.0, similar to the Rainbow Mountain in the first thread but still unique and amazing in its own right, so why not? There is no greater painter than Mother Nature herself, the mountains almost look fake. I would love to be able to see this amazing natural wonder up close. Some more eye candy and information.

Travertine Pools - Turkey

Beautiful natural turquoise thermal hot springs with a stunning outlook view, what more could you want? Seems like a nice place to bring your family, I would definitely bring mine.Some information and more pictures.

ETA: squeezed in one more..

Wish I could fit more.

Enjoy
added more

edit on 15-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It is really amazing to see all these beautiful places all over the world. Really makes you feel insignificant.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Those are some damned amazing sights to behold. The crater to hell, Turkish hot springs, and rainbow mountain are certainly my top picks.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish I could start my life over and be an explorer traveling to see all these beautiful places.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It's never too late to start now

Don't worry I'm with you. I doubt I'll get the chance to see all of these wonderful places. I can only fantasize from my couch for now.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Nice collection with these threads. I lucked out with bioluminescence, glaciers being more local to me and hotspings, as those are some of my favorites.

I'm partial to waterfalls, namely the ones I haven't seen yet. Wow, those lava fire hoses of Hawaii, would be a sight to see as would the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.

The Ungorogoro crater would be nice to visit as would many that you shared. Almost forgot the gas craters. Speaking of craters, how about Craters of the Moon(seemingly less fancy than the more colorful wonders) and Crater Lake National Park in Oregon?

How about glass beaches, not fully natural wonder, but rather the sad side of pollution that it was once legal to dump in the sea, nature took the glass and made it into this:

Glass Beach, Fort Bragg, California
Due to collecting from beach combers the chance of finding some is becoming more rare, not that it's a fully bad thing in the end, it's a way of cleaning up, but sadly detracting from the beauty that these give the beaches.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Some incredible places. I've never heard of any of these places, thanks for this awesome thread!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

There are so many wonderful places around the world. So many more places I wanted to add, but I could only fit so many. I might make one final one and add as much as I can.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

It's never too late to start now

Don't worry I'm with you. I doubt I'll get the chance to see all of these wonderful places. I can only fantasize from my couch for now.

No doubt. I haven't been a lot of crazy places, but the two most memorable I have comparable to these pictures are in Alaska and Hawaii. In Alaska, I hiked from the bottom of a glacier a few hours. I have a picture where I am standing on a overhang and literally there is nothing in the picture behind me but the white glacier. It looked like something out of national geographic. Must have been able to see several hundred miles of nothing but ice.

Did something similar in Hawaii. Hiked for a couple of hours to a dead lava field. Literally walking through a muddy rain forest and it opens up into a clearing of nothing but rock hard lava for several miles with the volcano in the background. Looked like we were on another planet.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That's sounds pretty amazing. Imagine back packing across the world visiting all these natural wonders. We can dream right??

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

wanted to add one of my bucket list ones to your thread. The tunnel tree in the Sequoia national forest, So I went looking for a pic and link and saw that it was knocked over during a storm this year. WTF? I guess that off my bucket list.

Would still love to see the huge trees in person.

edit on 16-3-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

Sequoias are really beautiful, I've sees them just not the park and well the drive through tree's loss is sad. Nature has been pretty harsh this year to natural wonders: "Malta's Famous Rock Formation Has Collapsed Into the Ocean"

Even if you’ve never been to Malta, you may be familiar with one of the Mediterranean island nation’s natural attractions: a limestone rock arch called the Azure Window.
- Source

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
WOW!!!!!!!! Some amazingly beautiful places to explore!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Can't post pics now on my phone but off the top of my head
I have to get to Ireland one day. My mom goes every year and I am yet to go.
I would like to go to Rome..see the pantheon and st Peters bascillica.
Would love to look out across the korakuram.
Few places in Romania I want to see.
I would love to go to Iran one day.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

Is not just one tree you know. There are dozens of trees like it along the North Cali, South Oregon coast. I have pic from a different one I visited in '08. It may have actually been '07 though.

Oh it was '07 lol! I forgot it had a timestamp, it has been covered by the frame all these years since we first put it in.

For me to date, it was the most amazing place I have visited, and is an original bucket list item from school days. I plan on going back one day. It would be a dream to live in those woods.
edit on 3-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Barefoot like a true wild man

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

wanted to add one of my bucket list ones to your thread. The tunnel tree in the Sequoia national forest, So I went looking for a pic and link and saw that it was knocked over during a storm this year. WTF? I guess that off my bucket list.

Would still love to see the huge trees in person.

I never saw the tunnel tree, but I did go to Big Sur /Carmel Valley for a trip a couple years ago. Unbelievably gorgeous. Taking a drive up Pacific Coast Highway should be on anyone's bucket list. They have the massive redwoods in Big Sur. Pictures don't do it justice. When you are standing in the trees it almost feels like you are in some lost fantasy land they are so massive.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The only way to fully experience the wilderness

I never have to worry about broken glass in the wild. I love trekking in the wilderness when I can.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have a huge bucket list destinations. My goal to visit as much countries as I can. My 1st stop is Italy, Rome. I have already booked tickets on lowcost.club/ .Soon I will observe The Colosseum and the Arch of Constantine, Vatican, The Pantheon and of course Roman Forum. + their food is incredibly tasty.

new topics

top topics

join