It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Seizes Texan's Property to Build Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

In any case, according to Yvette Salina's, daughter of the land owners,

Her uncle runs a few head of cattle on the property, which lies not far from Los Ebanos’ most famous attraction, a hand-drawn ferry that shuttles cars and their passengers across the river to Mexico.
ed

With that, I feel fairly confident this is their land. Its the only one I can zoom into that also has cattle AND grazing land close to the ferry mentioned.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

i appreciate your work, but wouldn't it make more sense if the land was next to the river seeing how that's the border. unless i misunderstand your arrow and possible land note.
edit on 16-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The letter offers Flores $2,900 for 1.2 acres near the Rio Grande.

They are 1500ft or less give or take from the river, which is about or less than a quarter mile. If her land extended to the river, I believe the family, and the editors would be making a bigger deal of it. Thats close enough to be considered near. Its like walking across a neighborhood from one end to the other. The river curves down and back up again north of that land. It is very squiggely. It just happens I cut it out when cropping, my bad.
just click here to better explore it in Satellite view.
edit on 3-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
after looking at the satellite and then blowing up the picture in the article i think maybe you are right.

see the pin in the image, pull back on the satellite view and you can see it.
edit on 16-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

was looking to see if i could find the route that the wall would take, and found this.

comes from here, it's a old site and appears the last post was in 2014
no border wall

looks like at one time they were going to wall off that whole section there. i wonder if they still plan on doing that, i can't find any new info so far.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Would you feel the same if it was your land.

If you wanted the acre of swamp down by the creek for that much, you bet, have at it.

This isn't really high quality land we're talking about.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I thought federal land grabs were bad. Really really bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
If it is their property she has like the best spot in that town. Nothing but land for the North, South, and East. Well, maybe they can pay her in more land so they can get more cattle and maybe get the ball rolling on an expanded grass fed beef operation certified organic

It would add jobs to the local economy! Looking at the town I don't think it would be an issue with flooding at all based on the proposal.

She just needs to hit the courts and negotiate a good price or a land swap. Or visit the office for the Southern District and just speak to them in person bout a better deal. For where I see it and what is there, they should offer a bit more now that I see it all. They can drop a few more thousand to give this American family some dignified buyout.

This isn't really high quality land we're talking about.

I would have to disagree, the entire Mexican side in that area is being cultivated with some agri. product, but it could just be alfalfa/hay. Either way, it has economic potential. Not to mention it good grazing for small herds of cattle.
edit on 3-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I was wondering about the story because it takes time sometimes years for the government to get something done.

In calif the state took some ex marines home and land for a museum back in 1970s and the land still sets vacant.

A friend had his land in palmdale calif taken in 1980s for a airport and the airport was never built.
He beat the county. His home was only 5 years old and he was a building contractor.
He signed the deal only after the county signed the paper work allowing him to move the home to land he owned about a mile away.
he went from his home being on a small lot to it being on 20 Acres.
And he made money on the deal.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Not to mention it good grazing for small herds of cattle.

"A few head" isn't much of a herd.

Anytime you do some sort of public works project, someone's going to be bought out. Every road you see went through someone's land at some point. It's not like he's the evil emperor from hell who's stealing everyone's homestead and rubbing his hands together going 'nya ha ha'.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

And here I thought we cherished small business and independent living. Seriously though look at those maps, it looks like it either cuts them off from town or goes over their home. In either scenario, $2900 is a bit insulting, even in that backwater town of less than 500.

There is plenty of unimproved land all around them. I am curious to know what they would think about just being compensated a land swap in an old school style formal barter??

Imagine cutting a deal with the Federal government that did not involve private notes, that would be something huh?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

It's not like he's the evil emperor from hell who's stealing everyone's homestead and rubbing his hands together going 'nya ha ha'.

Actually,
www.washingtonpost.com...

But he's changed. Right?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hey look in all fairness, it is seriously doubtful that Donald even has clue about this specific case. This letter was sent out before he was even inaugerated. The good news is, now that its on ATS, it will spread to reddit, twitter, then facebook, in about another day the hungry starving dogs at MSNBC or CNN will pick it up, Donald will see it, or have been briefed already as it makes its way viral, and ends up gifting the family more land and/or money in a brilliant PR stunt!

You heard it here first guys, if you want some serious win-win Donald and team, take advantage of this case and just drop federal pocket change to really help out small town America and score points on border security!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

hey look in all fairness, it is seriously doubtful that Donald even has clue about this specific case.

Or much of anything having to do with the real world.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The wall, reminds me of when the railroad was a comin through.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

oh ho, zing! Que those drums.

Is that what you offer as an idea or solution to helping the family get a better deal??

Not building is not an option, and I think my proposals are quite a satisfying compromise. Do you have any alternatives?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

And here I thought we cherished small business and independent living. Seriously though look at those maps, it looks like it either cuts them off from town or goes over their home.

Well, that would be sort of different. But I'm assuming they want Rio Bravo borderland, which ought not be a big loss.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But he's changed. Right?

I'd be surprised if WaPo didn't claim Trump was eviscerating a forest everytime he blew his nose on # paper, tbh.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Well here we go again. This is just one of many land grabs Trump has been involved in, pre and post Ptesidency. What Trump wants, Trump gets. What he did in Scotland was deplorable and showed so many negative aspects of his personality. How is it that so many didn't see the writing on the wall? What's to become of our foreign allies under Trump's Presidency? One thing's for sure - his bullying behavior will not work in the political arena.

It all started here:

Scottish authorities reject Trump resort

EDINBURGH, Scotland (AP) — A Scottish council on Thursday rejected a plan by Donald Trump to build a golf course on a stretch of remote and stunning coastline that is home to some of the country's rarest birds.

After a heated debate lasting 2 1/2 hours, Aberdeenshire Council's Infrastructure Committee rejected plans for the Trump International Golf Links after a tie-breaking vote from the committee chair. An initial vote was 7-7.

Opponents of the development said sand dunes at the Menie Estate, 15 miles north of Aberdeen, should be protected as the habitat of rare birds such as Lapwings, Redshanks and Skylarks.

A week ago, Trump and his organization were jubilant when the council's Formartine area committee approved the golf course in a 7-4 vote. But Thursday's vote takes precedence over the earlier decision.

The council failed to take into account the wishes of the people, and ultimately they are the losers here.

Controversy over Trump's golf course continued on as he tried to convince, and then coerce, residents to sell their houses. Source

The Trump Files: Donald's War on His Scottish Neighbors

For years, he harassed and insulted people living next to one of his golf courses.

When Donald Trump was putting together the plans for Trump International Gold Links in Balmedie, Scotland, his vision included buying out the neighbors surrounding the course so he could knock down their houses and have ocean views that weren't "obliterated by a slum." But several of those neighbors fought back, kicking off a battle that still hasn't fully died down...

In one case, Trump workers blocked in the cottage belonging to Susie and John Munro, constructing a two-story-high hill in their front yard and then adding a fence and locked gate, the couple said. Whenever it rains, they say, their yard fills with water and their steep dirt road turns into a mudslide.

According to The New York Times:

In Scotland, Trump Built a Wall. Then He Sent Residents the Bill.

BALMEDIE, Scotland — President-elect Donald J. Trump has already built a wall — not on the border with Mexico, but on the border of his exclusive golf course in northeastern Scotland, blocking the sea view of local residents who refused to sell their homes.

And then he sent them the bill.

David and Moira Milne had already been threatened with legal action by Mr. Trump’s lawyers, who claimed that a corner of their garage belonged to him, when they came home from work one day to find his staff building a fence around their garden. Two rows of grown trees went up next, blocking the view. Their water and electricity lines were temporarily cut. And then a bill for about $3,500 arrived in the mail, which, Mr. Milne said, went straight into the trash.

The corner of their garage??? Are you kidding me?

This is old style arm twisting that will not work in the political arena. For now, we all have no choice but to wait and see. That being said, this type of behavior seems to be prevalent in most of his dealings. Again, this will not fly in the political arena.

For additional details about the Balmedie situation, you can catch two documentaries:

edit on 3/16/2017 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/16/2017 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: timidgal
a reply to: whywhynot

Double post. Sorry about that!

edit on 3/16/2017 by timidgal because: Double post

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join