It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Seizes Texan's Property to Build Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Would you feel the same if it was your land.

Absolutely! Remember what JFK said??

Or perhaps it is worthless dribble so long as we can attack Trump as the distraction to the ongoing world war.

Open isolated land is typically sold for very little. A friend of mine was going to buy more than a few acres of land ast year up in Georgia, for only $6000. If this woman loves her country, she can throw them a fair counter-offer, but ultimately she should sell that small bit.
edit on 3-15-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of eminent domain. But it is the law, and people's land has been taken for far less important liberal projects than this. Ideally we wouldn't have eminent domain, but we do, and this is the best reason to use it as I've seen. I do think people should be paid 2X the value of the land though.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: pheonix358
He has not seized her property.

She currently has 16 acres.

Donald needs 1.2 acres.

She will lose a little bit of land down by her back fence.

Another crap headline that is simply BS.

Without knowing where the land is, it is difficult to determine if $2,900.00 is reasonable.

Just another hit piece!

Boring!

P

That is not reasonable. For 1.5 acres of my land I wouldn't let go for less than $7,000. But it's not for sale.

That part of the state and on the border it's very reasonable. In texas 1.2 Acres isn't anything special. It's not even that much land. A Walmart takes up more space.

About 120 miles from the border acreage goes for 2000 and mostly because of the hunting done in the area. They are getting a decent deal on the land.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

If she is reluctant, could it be because she has a deal with smugglers that she does not want to lose??

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely -Lord Dalberg-Acton.

This perfectly describe Trump, while he may have good intentions (I still think he was corrupt even before the election though) he seems to be blinded by power when he took office.
edit on 3/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Exactly what I came on to say. On the border, likely nowhere near a town of any size. Very reasonable. Especially if it was a few years ago. Someone just latched onto this old article to make a statement.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

This perfectly describe Trump, while he may have good intentions (I still think he was corrupt even before the election though) he seems to be blinded by power when he took office.

You know the OP link has documents dated before Trump was President right?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then if Trump is really against the system then why is he continuing what the Feds are doing including arming Saudi Arabia?

My point is Trump is just a TPTB like everyone else.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

"President Barack Obama has set a new record for the amount of land and water seized by a single chief executive: over 553 million acres"

Are you willing to admit that Obama was totally corrupted by power? If not, then how can I take your criticism of Trump's much smaller use of eminent domain seriously?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

My point is Trump like Obama did came in with good intentions but got corrupted by power.

I don't know about you but, there are some of us that see Trump as just another stooge because he continued where Obama left off including arming Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
woah hey now, the topic is this letter of intent to take land filed in 2008 for border security. Just because you only read a headline and clicked reply does not grant the authority to derail the topic. I am no fan of the Saudi Monarchy, but that is a whole other topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

My point is Trump is nothing more than a smokescreen. If he continues the policies of Bush and Obama such as land grabbing, how I'm I supposed to trust him?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Just recently, there was a thread talking about how he allowed Saudi Arabia to buy weapons.

Saudi Arabia, while far from perfect, is probably the United States' most important ally. Without them the petro-dollar goes bye bye, along with the U.S. economy. I don't like a lot of what the Saudis do, but if you care about America, you want to keep the Saudis on our side, otherwise the U.S. will crash and burn.
edit on 15-3-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

My point is Trump is no better than the other Presidents before him. Policies like the one in the OP shows he's just the same only with some cosmetic changes.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

My point is Trump is no better than the other Presidents before him. Policies like the one in the OP shows he's just the same only with some cosmetic changes.

I'm not convinced Trump is the real deal, but using eminent domain to erect a border wall is Nothing like other President's that have come before him. Almost all the President's in recent history, even Reagan, have been incredibly weak on American borders, what Trump is attempting to do is something totally different.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I can't say if the price is reasonable or not. Looks like this was in play before Trump was in office. It may actually bring up the price of the property left if there is a fence there blocking illegal aliens from taking the tomatoes out of the garden as they enter the country. Sounds like a good place to get a snack on the road.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

We'll see then. I am very very skeptical of Trump and his intentions.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The source article had this at the bottom as well

Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that DHS could acquire Flores’ land through eminent domain without compensation. The government would, in fact, have to provide compensation for the land. The Observer regrets the error.

I am trying to find the property values in this town to see whats the average rate for empty land.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They did a lot of this in Los Angeles for freeway building.

But, what if your land has water rights or backs up to the Rio Grand - - - then you get walled off from water access.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Come on people...read the document.

This is nothing new. It is part of the 2006 Secure Fence Act. Even Dems voted for it and Obama tried to finish it. It was 700 miles of fence that was to be built and they never finished it. This isn't anything new at all...she, or whomever owned the land got the same letter in both Bush's and Obama's presidency.

But now that Trump sent it...whoa! HEADLINES!

Newsflash...this story is almost as good as the 2005 taxes that were just released.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join